Connacht Minor Football Championship

Started by Barney, June 21, 2010, 10:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

Well done Tony Duffy and his team. Cillian O'Connor and those lads will give it everything and hopefully they'll give us a day in Croker yet.
Tubber abú  ;D ;)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

spuds

yes yes yes tubber inspyred mayoooooo o connor and duffy clogher the center of excellence
ggggg
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

ballinaman

Great stuff. Goals win games and Cillian O'Connor game up with the big play to get the peno by the sounds of it. Listened to it on mid west, commentary from Tommy Marren was shocking....he didn't know what was going on half the time and his co commentator, former minor manager, can't recall his name had to explain the situation about 5 times...

AbbeySider

Quote from: Tubberman on July 18, 2010, 11:01:08 PM
Well done Tony Duffy and his team. Cillian O'Connor and those lads will give it everything and hopefully they'll give us a day in Croker yet.
Tubber abú  ;D ;)

+1  ;D

Great win for the minors, delighted for Tony and Cillian  ;D

AbbeySider

Quote from: spuds on July 19, 2010, 02:20:20 AM
yes yes yes tubber inspyred mayoooooo o connor and duffy clogher the center of excellence
ggggg

Are you drunk Spuds?  :D I take it you were in town after the match?  ;)
Was there many around?  ;D

muppet

ggggg

How was work today Spuds?  ;D

Well done to Tony and co.

Anyone think that O'Connor and Kirby will go on to follow Aiden O'Se or will we have to give them time?
MWWSI 2017

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: AbbeySider on July 19, 2010, 09:38:21 AM
ggggg

Are you drunk Spuds?  :D I take it you were in town after the match?  ;)
Was there many around?  ;D

Town was crazy in a good way.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ross4life

So these Mayo v offaly/Galway v longford games are on the bank holiday weekend i guess they should/will be in Croke park?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ross4life on July 19, 2010, 08:31:14 PM
So these Mayo v offaly/Galway v longford games are on the bank holiday weekend i guess they should be in Croke park?

They should double header them in Dr.Hyde, perfect location.

ross4life

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 19, 2010, 08:33:15 PM
Quote from: ross4life on July 19, 2010, 08:31:14 PM
So these Mayo v offaly/Galway v longford games are on the bank holiday weekend i guess they should be in Croke park?

They should double header them in Dr.Hyde, perfect location.

Would save the traveling
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

On TG4 now, savage Mayo goals, great seeing them again.

bucko

Quote from: muppet on July 19, 2010, 08:25:54 PM
ggggg

How was work today Spuds?  ;D

Well done to Tony and co.

Anyone think that O'Connor and Kirby will go on to follow Aiden O'Se or will we have to give them time?

I hope they don't follow Parsons or O'Se's form this year, but given our record of inability to successfully bring promising talent through to senior, I wouldn't hold my breath.

AbbeySider

Quote from: muppet on July 19, 2010, 08:25:54 PM

Personally muppet I had them earmarked even two years ago as potential Senior Inter County players.

What I would like to see is them getting a clean break and not even being involved in the county U21 set-up next year.

IMO you need a break year after minor before the serious stuff starts again. I know lads that went straight out of minor into U21 panels and they just didnt really didnt want to be there as they knew they had two more years ahead of them of the same hard training and sacrifices. Their hunger leaves and it leads to players burning out.

Its a lot to ask for a young lad to spend from the age of 17 potentially all the way to his 30's watching their diet, training regime and missing out on other things.

GBXII

QuoteAnyone think that O'Connor and Kirby will go on to follow Aiden O'Se or will we have to give them time?

I don't think either will go straight to senior like Aiden O'Shea did if that's what you're asking.

Both look like good talents but is O'Connor more talented than his older brother? i.e. both are/were very good freetakers but contribution from play isn't that substantial I find. Would have to see more of Kirby to make an assessment there.

Anyway what the senior team really needs (moreso than midfielders or forwards) is some good defenders, especially corner backs. And if we could get one or two out of this minor team that would be great...

FL/MAYO

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 19, 2010, 08:44:30 PM
On TG4 now, savage Mayo goals, great seeing them again.

I cant seem to find the link, could you post it please...