Connacht Minor Football Championship

Started by Barney, June 21, 2010, 10:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayo51

declan oreilly is the co-commentator.i think he is an ex minor manager
Quote from: Tubberman on July 18, 2010, 02:09:18 PM
Going on what Mid-West said (Tommy Marren, not sure who's with him), it sounds poor enough. They said there's a lot of nerves on show, but it's v hard to know with minors. Last couple of years they've generally improved they went along so there's hope yet!

mayo51

all over in mchale park.mayo 3.09 galway 1.10. good to win 3 in a row.darren coen m.o.m on midwest

Cosmo Kramer

Just back in the door from McHale Park (great senior game, couldn't leave early), impressive second half from Mayo, O'Connor, Coen and a few of the backs were impressive and I'd have hope that this team can go a bit further. Coen's first goal was as good as you'll see all year in terms of build up play and finish, worth a look if the highlights are on TG4 during the week.

Mannion the keeper isn't up to the standard or our recent minor keepers (Schlingermann and Hennelly) and but for his mistake for the Galway goal I think we'd have pulled clear earlier than we did. Good general performance from Mayo all in all though.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Going on what Mid-West said (Tommy Marren, not sure who's with him), it sounds poor enough. They said there's a lot of nerves on show, but it's v hard to know with minors. Last couple of years they've generally improved they went along so there's hope yet!

Bollix, MWR wrong yet again, great game bar some awful wides early on by both sides, a very entertaining Connacht Final.

Coen and Cillian O'Conner where great for Mayo and Look out Galway you have a star in Fionntan O Curraoin.

After the two games today I feel so much more confident about the future of Connacht Football.

UP THE WEST.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Barney

Yeah I thought it was a good, but not a great game.

Delighted with our lads. We've won 4 of the last 5 under 21 Connacht Titles. 3 Minors in succession. If the new senior manager cannot put some kind of a senior team together he won't have much about him.

When are the Quarters?

GBXII

I thought Mayo were always the better team. Took the goals very well and the backs were pretty tight. A few players with potential on both teams but Mayo probably have the better team.

GalwayBayBoy

Disappointing from a Galway perpective but considering the lads out injured it was always going to be tough ask to win in Castlebar. To be leading mid way through the 2nd half and then to concede 3 goals in 5 minutes or so must have knocked the stuffing out of them. Hopefully they get some of the injuries cleared up in time for the quarter-final against Longford. We might see both teams in the semi-finals yet with a bit of luck.

muppet

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 18, 2010, 07:16:56 PM

Bollix, MWR wrong yet again, great game bar some awful wides early on by both sides, a very entertaining Connacht Final.

Coen and Cillian O'Conner where great for Mayo and Look out Galway you have a star in Fionntan O Curraoin.

After the two games today I feel so much more confident about the future of Connacht Football.

UP THE WEST.

Relax, that quote was from half time in the minor game.

Connacht football isn't as bad as some suggested yesterday and isn't all hunky dorey today either, just because of a minor match and a senior match.
MWWSI 2017

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 18, 2010, 07:28:10 PM
Disappointing from a Galway perpective but considering the lads out injured it was always going to be tough ask to win in Castlebar. To be leading mid way through the 2nd half and then to concede 3 goals in 5 minutes or so must have knocked the stuffing out of them. Hopefully they get some of the injuries cleared up in time for the quarter-final against Longford. We might see both teams in the semi-finals yet with a bit of luck.

Ya I heard the starting midfield was not the normal one and number 11 seemed to be helping in there to great effect I must say for long periods. He is a very good player. Didn't one of the normal Galway midfielders come on during the game!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: muppet on July 18, 2010, 07:28:32 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 18, 2010, 07:16:56 PM

UP THE WEST.

Relax, that quote was from half time in the minor game.

Connacht football isn't as bad as some suggested yesterday and isn't all hunky dorey today either, just because of a minor match and a senior match.

Ya I get that, but Connacht is not in as terminal state as the overshannon medja like to protray. I'm pretty sure Mayo will come right soon, Galway I am not so sure about. Leitrim will continue to be tough opposition and New Yourk and London Recession dividend or wha!

Farrandeelin

Delighted with the win... Any win at any grade against Galway is always nice. Those goals turned the game on its head and effectively killed off the contest, Galway were coming back into the game nicely at that stage. I think the quarterfinals are on the August Bank holiday weekend. Not sure though.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 18, 2010, 07:58:07 PM
Delighted with the win... Any win at any grade against Galway is always nice. Those goals turned the game on its head and effectively killed off the contest, Galway were coming back into the game nicely at that stage. I think the quarterfinals are on the August Bank holiday weekend. Not sure though.

The two goals from play where incredible rasping shots that would awaken the dead from the bowels of hell.

muppet

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 18, 2010, 08:40:43 PM

The two goals from play where incredible rasping shots that would awaken the dead from the bowels of hell.

Have you been smoking Ulysses again?
MWWSI 2017

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: muppet on July 18, 2010, 08:46:02 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 18, 2010, 08:40:43 PM

Have you been smoking Ulysses again?

These 6.6% Scottish Ales hit the spot alright and have a spot of sunstroke from the match.

Maigheo Abu

Well done to the minors.Galway have one or two who will make it through to the senior panel by all accounts. 3 in a row is great stuff.
Where the ocean kisses Ireland and the waves caress it's shores