Connacht Minor Football Championship

Started by Barney, June 21, 2010, 10:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Mayo 1-4 Leitrim 0-3 22 minutes gone. MWR gone to an ad break.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Farrandeelin

Sean Kelly, Moy Davitts. O'Connor everything else.

1-6 to 0-4 half time. Leitrim missed a great goal chance, Guckian put the ball wide after a brilliant run through.

ross4life

Leitrim 1-07 2-12 Mayo  ft

Galway v Mayo in Connacht Minor final July 18th
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Farrandeelin

UP MAYO MINORS! It's all we've got left so I'm as well to bump this thread up again.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 13, 2010, 03:35:04 PM
UP MAYO MINORS! It's all we've got left so I'm as well to bump this thread up again.

+1

And they have ensured that the big two get to play on Connacht Final Day  ;)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ross4life

Jesus lads the lack of interest is alarming.. will be interesting to see how many Mayo/Galway fan's will go to the game

I fancy Mayo to win this by 3 points

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ross4life on July 13, 2010, 05:20:34 PM
Jesus lads the lack of interest is alarming.. will be interesting to see how many Mayo/Galway fan's will go to the game

I fancy Mayo to win this by 3 points

Most Mayo people I meet are talking about the Roscommon V Sligo game rather than our own minors.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Barney

So Mayo v Galway at least have one chance of some silverware this year.

Mayo have lost their senior and u21 crowns already. Going for 3 in a row at minor though.

Galway have not won a Connacht title at any level the past two years and need a boost.

Either way the teams will feature in the Quarter Finals. Anybody know what province we are lined up?

GaillimhIarthair

Unfortunately we are going into this fixture with too many injuries so I wouldnt be any way confident of us getting a result.  Definitely out are both our midfielders, Eanna O hEochaidh has done his collerbone and Tom Flynn dislocated a thumb.  Also very doubtful is Colm MacDonnacha who would also be a big loss as I guess he would have been earmarked to pick up Mayo's main scoring threat Cillian O'Connor.  Mayo favs to comlete the 3 in a row.  Hopefully we will have the injured lads back for the quarters.

moysider

Cillian O Conor a serious doubt for this one. Dead leg picked up in U21 match.

GalwayBayBoy

Not sure what the teams will be but I hear Galway's two best players are out injured. The midfielder Eanna O hEochaidh who dominated the game against Sligo and Peadar Ó Gríofa up in the forwards. Actually just found the team. O'Griofa managed to make the bench alright.

1.  James Keane               Bearna
   2. Philip Ezergalis           Maigh Cuilinn
   3. James Shaughnessy     Beal Atha na Slua
   4. Tom Curran                 Barna
   5. Mark Loughnane         Naomh Gabriel
   6. Marcus Kelly               Beal Átha na Slua
   7. Paul Varley                 Seamróige Cortúin
   8. Eoghan Commins        Baile Clár na Gaillimhe
   9. Michael O'Donnell     Salthill/Knocknacarra
  10. Niall Quinn                 Realta Thuama
  11. Fintan Ó Curraoin       Micheál Breathnach (Captaen)
  12. Conor Rabbitte           Cill Chloirín/Cluain Bheirne
  13. Cathal O'Neill             Rinn a'Mhaoil
  14. Niall Breathnach         Cill Ainin
  15. Shane Maughan          Naomh Michaél

16. Darren McDonnell      Realta Thuama
  17. David Black                An Clochán
  18. Jack Vaughan              An Clochán
  19. Fiach Ó Bearra            Micheál Breathnach
  20. Conor Caulfield          Baile Átha an Rí
  21. Aaron Connolly          Naomh Sheamus
  22. Peadar Ó Gríofa          Micheál Breathnach
  23. Eamon McCann          An Clochán
  24. Adrian Varley             Seamróige Cortúin

Cosmo Kramer

O'Connor still very doubtful this evening according to Mid Wesht. Would be a massive loss to the team if he doesn't make it.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

ross4life

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on July 16, 2010, 09:23:17 PM
O'Connor still very doubtful this evening according to Mid Wesht. Would be a massive loss to the team if he doesn't make it.

Yup main scorer & chief

Farrandeelin

He scored 2-5 in that match he picked up the 'dead leg' in. Didn't see the incident to be honest, but he was playing great stuff. Hopefully he will be fit to start on Sunday.

QuoteEither way the teams will feature in the Quarter Finals. Anybody know what province we are lined up?

I heard on the radio last night on the Sports Talk-shop that it's Longford/Offaly.