Attack in Armagh game

Started by beer baron, June 16, 2010, 01:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

QuoteIt is interesting to note that the Paul Galvin incident has created more responses on another thread in one week than this incident will create in a year. 

But most of the people posting about Galwin had actually seen the incident on television. Most of the people posting on this incident have no particular knowledge of it, they didn't see it, they don't know waht the County Board did afterwards, they don't know what the Club did.

All you can say is offer sympathy to the lad and hope that strong action is taken.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

pintsofguinness

BC, or else the club is banned, gates shut etc.

You're right we don't know what's happening but I suspect the cover up is well underway. I will be very happy to be wrong but we'll just have to wait and see.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: armaghniac on June 25, 2010, 12:34:17 AM
QuoteIt is interesting to note that the Paul Galvin incident has created more responses on another thread in one week than this incident will create in a year. 

But most of the people posting about Galvin had actually seen the incident on television. Most of the people posting on this incident have no particular knowledge of it, they didn't see it, they don't know waht the County Board did afterwards, they don't know what the Club did.

All you can say is offer sympathy to the lad and hope that strong action is taken.

I'd agree with that. Sorry Bud, we can't compare those incidents.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Bud Wiser

Thats fair enough comment as well, but, the reason I mentioned Galvin was to illustrate the difference between the two incidents.  Let me put it this way, within days of the Galvin incident it was on every TV and Radio sports program that Galvin had received a ban, the length of the ban and that he had accepted it and would not be appealing.  In this case the name of the offender has not even been released and it is the interest of every county in the country that it is released.  If there was thuggery I want to know about it, I am entitled to know about it even if I am secretary of a club in the arse end of Annascaul in Kerry because some day my club may have to meet this club in All-Ireland Club Championship. 

Two broken jaws, a broken chin and his gum/gum bone broken suggests to me that it wasn't an accidental shoulder and if it wasn't and the lad was on his feet when he was struck then, according to the level of injuries that were caused it was, in my book, thuggery.  Surely someone can say,

Was the offender sent off?
Did he get a red card?
Did the ref take his name?

If the ref did none of those three things was the reason he did not do so through fear because I see no other reason why he should not do so and if he failed to do so whether through neglect or fear he should no longer be a referee. 

If he did do so then the Ulster Council should have had the offender before them in days but then, what action did the take when Darren Graham, the protestant young lad who played county hurling for Fermanagh was hounded out?

So, can anyone give an update as to what is happening or not happening in this case.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Bud Wiser on June 25, 2010, 10:40:37 AM
Thats fair enough comment as well, but, the reason I mentioned Galvin was to illustrate the difference between the two incidents.  Let me put it this way, within days of the Galvin incident it was on every TV and Radio sports program that Galvin had received a ban, the length of the ban and that he had accepted it and would not be appealing.  In this case the name of the offender has not even been released and it is the interest of every county in the country that it is released.  If there was thuggery I want to know about it, I am entitled to know about it even if I am secretary of a club in the arse end of Annascaul in Kerry because some day my club may have to meet this club in All-Ireland Club Championship. 

Two broken jaws, a broken chin and his gum/gum bone broken suggests to me that it wasn't an accidental shoulder and if it wasn't and the lad was on his feet when he was struck then, according to the level of injuries that were caused it was, in my book, thuggery.  Surely someone can say,

Did he get a red card?

If the ref did none of those three things was the reason he did not do so through fear because I see no other reason why he should not do so and if he failed to do so whether through neglect or fear he should no longer be a referee. 

If he did do so then the Ulster Council should have had the offender before them in days but then, what action did the take when Darren Graham, the protestant young lad who played county hurling for Fermanagh was hounded out?

So, can anyone give an update as to what is happening or not happening in this case.

how can someone have two broken jaws?!  ??? 

Bud Wiser

Quotehow can someone have two broken jaws?!   

Ok, if you want to be so smart about it, I meant two broken jaw bones.  Last time I counted I had one on either side.   Can you offer any more information that I requested?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Uladh

Did he get a red card?

How could a referee do any of these things if he didn't see the incident?

Bud Wiser

Well that confirms that it was a completely off the ball and out of the zone of play when the act was carried out so the umpires, linemen should have seen it.  Those injuries in an off the ball incident deserve a life ban from playing GAA, and more.   What do you think?

gander

It was a club game so umpires/linesmen duties where carried out by members of the two clubs and not officials

Bud Wiser

Quote from: gander on June 25, 2010, 11:13:20 AM
It was a club game so umpires/linesmen duties where carried out by members of the two clubs and not officials

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzz.   Did they see the foooking incident or did they not and if they did see it, which in my opinion they had to have seen it, surely the must have reported it to the referee.  So why cant the council issue a statement that an incident took place, the names of those involved have been submitted to the Ulster Council along with the referees report and a full investigation is underway, or are ye all too busy up there making TV commercials?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73XPCckNCHc&feature=related

Zulu

In fairness Bud club officials aren't impartial witnesses and in my experience are often watching the game as spectators rather than match officials so it isn't unreasonable to think they may not have seen anything either.

As some else said just because we aren't hearing about it doesn't mean something is not happening. The Ulster council (or whoever is responsible) should be given time and space to sort this out properly.

gander

As has already been said the Ref didnt see it happen, the umpires and lines men where from the two clubs so their witness would carry the same weight as a player or someone in the crowd, is that simple enough for you to understand?

The armagh county board have already said an incident has taken place and is being investigated by the the Armagh CCC,  At this stage it has nothing to do with the ulster council.

brokencrossbar1

You assume a lot there Bud, you assume that it was seen by the Umpires/linesmen.  Non neutrals can officials can barely make a correct decision(or refuse to make one) when it is under their noses, never mind out the field.  The County Board have issued a statement saying the matter is under investigation.  I'll repeat this again, the nature of the incident could very easily mean a legal investigation and as a result all parties would be unable to comment too much on it pending any further investigations.  I have no connection to any of the parties involved but I would rather see the thing done right than done quickly to satiate the desires of the masses.  The only people who need to be satisfied here are the parties involved, most particularly Kevin Nugent, but the alleged attacker also deserves the right to have his rights respected.  What happened was wrong but no one here or on any other disccussion board knows the facts, nor do we have the right to demand answers.

nrico2006

Did he get a red card?

Some good points Bud, why should the mans identity be kept a secret? 

Regarding the Darren Graham affair, I think he still plays hurling and football.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

haranguerer

Darren Graham wasnt 'hounded out' - there was abuse of a sectarian nature, it was dealt with, obviously the fact that he was back playing both codes a month later wasn't going to get the same reaction the abuse did, so it wasnt reported.