Started by The Real Laoislad, June 15, 2010, 05:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 21, 2010, 09:58:06 AM
In Longford it's pronounced MaDool.
Does that mean a 'Towel' is a 'Tool'?

Hardy

From Sports Minister Mary Hanafin's statement congratulating McDowell:

Ms Hanafin added: "Graeme's victory at the US Open golf places him among the icons of golf such as Jack Nicklaus, Tiger Woods, Hale Irwin and Ernie Els."

Hale Irwin!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Hardy on June 21, 2010, 10:53:19 AM

Ms Hanafin added: "Graeme's victory at the US Open golf places him among the icons of golf such as Jack Nicklaus, Tiger Woods, Hale Irwin and Ernie Els."

Hale Irwin!

In US Open terms he is an icon with 3 wins as opposed to Els who has only 2. 

Orior

Quote from: muppet on June 21, 2010, 10:25:22 AM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on June 21, 2010, 09:56:10 AM
Fair play to McDowell, great to see an Antrim man doing well ;)

Glad to hear his brother on the radio this morning confirming what all Antrim people know, his name is pronounced "Mc Dough-ell" not something that rhymes with "towel"

It's Mc lots of Dough ell now.

Funny how success breeds success. From no major wins in decades to 4 in 3 years and more on the way with Rory I'd say.

Looks like Rory still has a few things to learn. I'm sure he thought he could whip an old man like Watson.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Hedley Lamarr

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Orior on June 21, 2010, 09:43:11 AM
I'm knackered.

Started watching about 11pm, planning to hit the sack about midnight, then fell into the trap of just "one more hole", then "one more hole"

Well done Graeme. It just goes to show that short hitters, like me, can win!

Meet yout brother here, not helped by 2 year old waking me at 7 am
#newbridgeornowhere

Hardy

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 21, 2010, 10:57:39 AM

Hale Irwin!

Thanks, BC. You'll always get an education on the Gaaboard.

Something is annoying me now. I can't remember the name of the big heavy fella, from Warrenpoint, I think, who was a pro up to maybe ten/fifteen years ago. He was a youth prodigy and touted as the next big thing as a young lad, but never quite reached the heights and disappeared suddenly, as I remember. Can anyone figure out who I'm talking about and, if so, what ever became of him?

mountainboii

Quote from: Hardy on June 21, 2010, 11:36:53 AM

Hale Irwin!

Something is annoying me now. I can't remember the name of the big heavy fella, from Warrenpoint, I think, who was a pro up to maybe ten/fifteen years ago. He was a youth prodigy and touted as the next big thing as a young lad, but never quite reached the heights and disappeared suddenly, as I remember. Can anyone figure out who I'm talking about and, if so, what ever became of him?

Ronan Rafferty?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Hardy on June 21, 2010, 11:36:53 AM

Hale Irwin!

Font of knowledge this place!

And for your further information tis probably Raymond Burns your thinking of.  Not sure what he is at these days, he was a few years ahead of me in school.

Capt Pat

What did happen to Ronan Rafferty? He was at the top of the European game for a couple of years and then disappeared.

Hardy

Ronan Rafferty I meant. Thanks, AFS - it wouldn't come to me and I couldn't google him because what would I google?

I always wondered what became of him. He seemed to vanish without trace, as Pat says. Anybody know?

Dinny Breen

He does a lot puditry on the European Tour for Sky.
#newbridgeornowhere

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 21, 2010, 11:31:41 AM
Quote from: Orior on June 21, 2010, 09:43:11 AM
I'm knackered.

Started watching about 11pm, planning to hit the sack about midnight, then fell into the trap of just "one more hole", then "one more hole"

Well done Graeme. It just goes to show that short hitters, like me, can win!

Meet yout brother here, not helped by 2 year old waking me at 7 am

Meet yer first cousin.. Not helped by getting to bed at 4am Friday night and 6am Saturday night due to me stag at wkend.. Like a zombie today
You'll Never Walk Alone.

brokencrossbar1

Rafferty was around longer than 10-15 years ago Hardy and that's why I thought you were thinking of Raymond Burns.  He was on the verge of making it through when he was the same age as McIlroy is now but his game never developed.  Both men went to my alma mater.

Here is Rafferty's website
http://www.raffertygolf.com/index.asp

Shrek

at first i thought you where talking about Darren clarke.  ::)

Well donr McDowell, have to laugh everytime i hear that accent though.

nearly as bad as Nadine (offa girsl aloud)  ;D  ;D