US Open 2010,Pebble Beach

Started by The Real Laoislad, June 15, 2010, 05:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogball XV

Quote from: Tyrones own on June 17, 2010, 10:45:47 PM
I'd say it would be virtually impossible to line up the tee times as there's quite
a waiting list to play some of the better known courses :-\
gaaboard golf trip 2020, book your tickets and tee times now!

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Bogball XV on June 17, 2010, 10:50:48 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on June 17, 2010, 10:45:47 PM
I'd say it would be virtually impossible to line up the tee times as there's quite
a waiting list to play some of the better known courses :-\
gaaboard golf trip 2020, book your tickets and tee times now!

Yeah me and the lads I go on an annual golf trip we said we'd do it for the 10th anniversary but maybe 20th might be more realistic.

flantheman82

Anyone else a bit horrified by sergio's trousers with the stripes? Look like thosetracksuit bottoms with the stripes going halfway either side.

Orior

Quote from: flantheman82 on June 17, 2010, 11:12:02 PM
Anyone else a bit horrified by sergio's trousers with the stripes? Look like thosetracksuit bottoms with the stripes going halfway either side.

At least he dosnt look like a Poulter.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ballela-angel

It's some course. I think it costs about $400 to play there. I reckon I'd get decent value, maybe $4 per shot 

I played it once and it is a nice "links" course - However, I have played much nicer real links courses in Kerry, Clare, Mayo, Sligo, Donegal, Down, Louth and Dublin at a fraction of the cost and had as much or more fun. (I left out the other counties that have coast line because I have not played any of them, but will some day.)
That awkward moment - Not sure if you do have free time or if you're just forgetting everything!

magickingdom

g mcdowell has a great round going... now leader by 3

ONeill

McDowwwwwellll leads at the halfway. Rory on the plane home.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Bogball XV

Quote from: ONeill on June 19, 2010, 08:26:35 AM
McDowwwwwellll leads at the halfway. Rory on the plane home.
at least it's his own plane ;)

Mickelson had some round yesterday, it's a treacherous course this time of year and there are several holes that can undo anyone - i'd be surprised if Graeme manages to keep it together for the last two rounds.  He's shown a bit of mental frailty in the past when leading, especially in majors and in the states.
Hopefully he can stick in there and give us somebody to cheer on in the last round, be great to see a derry victory (we're claiming portrush as well as portstewart now too, but like the brits, only when they're winning).

Ps, it'd be better if we didn't have to hear him interviewed, that mid atlantic accent is terrifying.

sammymaguire

Ernie Els at 6/1 looks tasty to see it out, the Big Easy well overdue a Major
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Bogball XV

As the boys pointed out earlier, DJ is looking good, didn't back him as I didn't think this time of year would suit him - i still think he'll have bother closing it out, but his positive mental vibes with the course can only help from here.

anportmorforjfc

What a round from Tiger finishes on -1!!

ludermor

From the BBC text.

A couple of texts asking why we use the European flag for McDowell rather than the British one - well, McDowell finished competed for Ireland at last year's golf world cup (playing with fellow Northern Irishman Rory McIlroy, incidentally), finishing second, which rather suggests he considers himself Irish, not British.

Catch the high ball

Quote from: Bogball XV on June 20, 2010, 01:17:22 AM
As the boys pointed out earlier, DJ is looking good, didn't back him as I didn't think this time of year would suit him - i still think he'll have bother closing it out, but his positive mental vibes with the course can only help from here.

His put on the 18th was unreal.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Gabriel_Hurl

McDonald with a triple bogey on the second

anportmorforjfc