Sleep apnea

Started by tyrone girl, June 14, 2010, 11:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

It would be easier to change boyfriends. You are destined for a hellish existence for 1/3 the rest of your life and living with a miserable exhausted git most of the other time.

In fact, the first question a woman should ask of a prospective life long mating partner, (after his body odour has been given a quick sniff) is about sleeping patterns and associated ailments.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: tyrone girl on June 15, 2010, 09:42:53 AM
Thanks a million - Do you have to keep sleeping with the machine for the rest of your days or is it a temporary thing?
What about driving? Can your dad drive? I know its trivial to be worrying about silly things like that but just wondering about all the ins and outs of it.
Im hoping it doesnt be long before they take him in to hospital to try and diagnose it. I did say he doesnt have weight to lose - but he has put on weight in the past 6 months or so  - really when all this started - but hes by no means overweight.

Depending on how severe the disorder is he could keep the machine for life but surgery would be probablly offered in a severe situation.
My dad can drive, no problem. It could be different because he is in the states and the laws/insurance maybe different. Sounds like the other posters brother is a commercial driver which is an entirely different situation with rules and regulations.

The slight weight gain could just be the problem with the weight gain in his neck/throat area that is closing his airway.

The machine (if he has to use one) will take about a week or two to get used to along with the mask. My mom said she spent more time awake when there was no machine because of the snoring and to make sure he was still breathing. After a two weeks with the machine she was use to the sound of the machine and knew he was doing well.

Like I said before it could be the simple weight gain but don't take any chances have him checked out and everything will improve. You will get peace of mind and a good nite sleep.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014