Cavan vs Wicklow

Started by Denn Forever, June 14, 2010, 07:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 25, 2010, 10:01:51 AM
Will be a tough one for Cavan with Givney out.. I was very impressed with him again Cavan. Is McKeever out too, and Walshe and Brady?

McKeever is a major doubt from what I am hearing although we is supposed to be healing quicker than expected. Walshe I have no idea about but I doubt he would make the 1st team as a starter if he was fit. Brady is playing handball in the US, he knows what side his bread is buttered. We are definetely short a lot and have a weak bench so Wicklow would have to be favouites.

Celt_Man

Jaysus help me but I'm really looking forward to this game tomorrow.  If I was on the Cavan Panel, that Leighton Glynn article would be on the dressing room door...

Really hope we can bounce back, we will struggle at mid field without Givney but their mid field won't be as strong as last year with Thomas Walshe going home...

Surely Mackey can't play as poorly again and will get a return to the form he has shown of late.  As usual if Nesty gets enough time and space to pick his passes to Jelly and Mackey inside without allowing Wicklow to swarm all over them - then we will be there or thereabouts...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

boojangles

Quote from: Celt_Man on June 25, 2010, 05:14:14 PM
Jaysus help me but I'm really looking forward to this game tomorrow.  If I was on the Cavan Panel, that Leighton Glynn article would be on the dressing room door...

Really hope we can bounce back, we will struggle at mid field without Givney but their mid field won't be as strong as last year with Thomas Walshe going home...

Surely Mackey can't play as poorly again and will get a return to the form he has shown of late.  As usual if Nesty gets enough time and space to pick his passes to Jelly and Mackey inside without allowing Wicklow to swarm all over them - then we will be there or thereabouts...

Don't be so sure of that.Will be touch and go to start.

I think we can win this one though. Home advantage is huge in the Qualifiers.

put-it-up

Quote from: boojangles on June 25, 2010, 05:26:17 PM

I dont think there is one county in the country that fears coming to Breffni Park anymore. We're seen as a soft touch and the atmosphere and the performance the last day backed that up. We lost to our neighbours in our own patch and didnt look all that bothered by it. I have completely given up on TC and as much as I hope we win I just dont think enough genuine hunger will be instilled amongst our lads to get a run in the qualifiers.

PS: I still think Wicklow are one of the most over-rated teams in the country so it is there for us

boojangles

Fintan
Sheridan
Corr
Hannon
Brides
McCutcheon
Clarke
Galligan
Mulvey
Flanagan
Nesty
McGuigan
Mackey
Brennan
Martin Reilly

Thats the team. Expect Martin Reilly to drop very deep. Brides may do a man marking job on someone,maybe Glynn.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: boojangles on June 25, 2010, 07:19:12 PM
Fintan
Sheridan
Corr
Hannon
Brides
McCutcheon
Clarke
Galligan
Mulvey
Flanagan
Nesty
McGuigan
Mackey
Brennan
Martin Reilly

Thats the team. Expect Martin Reilly to drop very deep. Brides may do a man marking job on someone,maybe Glynn.
WTF?

full moon

I have little feeling for this match up so I will just do a copy and paste job from my last post.

Dear oh dear, that team is atrocious.

I could see alot of club teams in divison 1 beating that line up, or at least giving them a run for their money. And in all honesty the club set up as we all know, is not at too high a level either.

McGuigan has a good game the last day at CB and suddenly he is in the forward line. Makes so much sense really... ::)

That team is an absolute embarrassment. Martin Reily still getting games, he has been put on his arse countless times. Mackay must have a certain starting place.

And as for that "midfield" and "defence" if that is what you want to call it, not worth even discussing how poor that is.

I thought Wicklow would win, now a cricket score could be on the cards if they bring their A game.

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: put-it-up on June 25, 2010, 07:17:42 PM
Quote from: boojangles on June 25, 2010, 05:26:17 PM

I dont think there is one county in the country that fears coming to Breffni Park anymore. We're seen as a soft touch and the atmosphere and the performance the last day backed that up. We lost to our neighbours in our own patch and didnt look all that bothered by it. I have completely given up on TC and as much as I hope we win I just dont think enough genuine hunger will be instilled amongst our lads to get a run in the qualifiers.

PS: I still think Wicklow are one of the most over-rated teams in the country so it is there for us
Whys that put it up?
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

full moon

1-4 - 0-3

In Wicklows favour.

Cavan getting destroyed in midfield as per usual.

Nesty the dub playing well. No players in the Cavan team have won a county championship. Joke.

Zulu

Cavan 0-5 Wicklow 2-6 HT. Cavan down to 14 men and in trouble.

Zulu

They're down to 13 now.

ross4life

Au revoir to Tommy Carr after this match
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Zulu

full moon

Full back and midfielder sent off. A loss in numbers, but not in quality as they have none.

Milltown Row2

3 in it for Wicklow. Cavan are better off with 13
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea