Derry V Carlow

Started by tonesfirstandlast, June 14, 2010, 10:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevecw

^ No Carlow is a good spot for going out in too. It has to be, as it caters for thousands of students most of the year.
There are a lot of good pubs, mainly on Tullow St right in the centre of town. Scraggs, The Barracks, Tullys, Teach Dolmain etc. Med Bar is good for a few late drinks too if you don't fancy a nightclub.
The Foundry nightclub is hugely popular.  At this stage I am fed up of it but thats after going there so many years. For a once off visit to Carlow as most of you will be doing, it is definitely the place to end the night.
On a Saturday night it doubles up with the Tower next door which will have a good live band usually and is grand if you are a bit older or just want a break from the nightclub for a bit.

The pitch is a good 15/20 minutes walk from town. And there are no pubs near the ground.

lynchbhoy

Tullys and at a push scraggs are the only pubs in carlow worth going into.

Dinny Breen

Jaysus Lynchbhoy you're showing your age, Carlow is a good town to go out in with some mighty pubs.
#newbridgeornowhere

whiskeysteve

what the fecks up with the carlow gaa website? Just wanted to duke on and see how much it would be into the game... and by feck I need a 'Cumann Lúthchleas Gael account' for the privilege

www.carlow.gaa.ie

Not staying in Carlow anymore either! About 20 of us duking down to Kilkenny now, cheap hostels and heard its a great night out. I see you can get the train regular enough between the 2 which is handy if the designated driver suddenly has a drink and turns into Henry Sellers  ;)

Lynchbhoy you make Carlow sound like Coleraine  ;) We are overdue one of your long and rambling match previews also
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Bogball XV

Quote from: whiskeysteve on June 25, 2010, 11:00:42 AM

Lynchbhoy you make Carlow sound like Coleraine  ;) We are overdue one of your long and rambling match previews also
That's an astonishing slur on any town steve, although, I suppose Craigavon/Portydown is worse than Coleraine.

whiskeysteve

Quote from: Bogball XV on June 25, 2010, 03:26:37 PM
Quote from: whiskeysteve on June 25, 2010, 11:00:42 AM

That's an astonishing slur on any town steve, although, I suppose Craigavon/Portydown is worse than Coleraine.

Youre right Bogball, I was about to say he was making Carlow sound like Beirut, then I remembered Beirut is probably better than Coleraine these days  :D

Even by LBs opinion Carlow has a couple of venues to be fair! I have never darkened the door of a Coleraine bar in my life. To be fair you could have a few in Wetherspoons during the day, but like I Am Legend you gotta get home by sundown!!
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Bogball XV

Quote from: whiskeysteve on June 25, 2010, 04:01:17 PM
Youre right Bogball, I was about to say he was making Carlow sound like Beirut, then I remembered Beirut is probably better than Coleraine these days  :D[/quote]
Aye, but on a sunny day, is there much difference - apart from the absence of sultry middle eastern ladies that is?

Mac hinery

Quote from: Bogball XV on June 25, 2010, 04:32:41 PM
Youre right Bogball, I was about to say he was making Carlow sound like Beirut, then I remembered Beirut is probably better than Coleraine these days  :D
Aye, but on a sunny day, is there much difference - apart from the absence of sultry middle eastern ladies that is?
[/quote]

Except around the 12th there is a plethora of sultry middle eastern Belfast ladies in the triangle area.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Mac hinery on June 25, 2010, 11:47:59 PM

Except around the 12th there is a plethora of sultry middle eastern Belfast ladies in the triangle area.
[/quote]
Should that not read a plethora of eastern belfast ladies showing their middle and triangle area?

Mac hinery

Quote from: Bogball XV on June 25, 2010, 11:54:04 PM

Should that not read a plethora of eastern belfast ladies showing their middle and triangle area?

Hmm, there speaks the voice of experience. 

jodyb

Quote from: Bogball XV on June 25, 2010, 11:54:04 PM

[/quote]

I have no objection to where they're from. If that's what's on display, I know where I'll be parading on the 12th :D

offtheground

Derry 7 pts, Carlow1.01 after 18 mins. Paddy Bradley is on the bench..

offtheground

Derry 8pts Carlow 1.04 after 26min

offtheground

Derry goal, 1.08 to 1.05

SuperHans

half time derry 1- 08, Carlow 1-07

derry team:
gillis
ogie,g'okane,d mcbride
c kielt,baz mcgold,mark craig
cathal mckeever, joe diver
j kielt,m lynch,e mcguckin