Longford v Mayo 26th June

Started by Redgreenery, June 13, 2010, 09:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 17, 2010, 10:36:17 AM

"We're glad to be playing the first game in Pearse Park. It definitely help but we know that we will be up against it with Mayo."

There's confidence for ye !!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hardy

Quote from: Rossfan on June 17, 2010, 07:44:24 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 17, 2010, 10:36:17 AM

"We're glad to be playing the first game in Pearse Park. It definitely help but we know that we will be up against it with Mayo."

There's confidence for ye !!!

Confident of a draw, maybe?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Lar Naparka on June 17, 2010, 06:24:51 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 17, 2010, 03:01:37 PM
I don't give a shit what I'll be called... I'm going to the game. I wonder what it will cost to get in?
Bejaysus, you're shaping up as Mayo's antidote to Sligonian. ;D

Well now I'm not in his league just yet. But we need someone to 'mark' him! ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

I intend to be in Pearse Park myself but the minor match will take precedence for me anyway. Fitting both in may well be a challenge as wee as being expensive.

Shamrock Shore

Hardy

Will ya head for this one to get the new Longford blood in you stirring or will you wait for a later round  ;)

Hardy

I could have an outing with my other team that day, SS. I'll have a decision to make.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: moysider on June 17, 2010, 10:39:01 PM

I intend to be in Pearse Park myself but the minor match will take precedence for me anyway. Fitting both in may well be a challenge as wee as being expensive.

What time is the minor match at moysider? And couldn't the goons on the Connacht council have moved it to Sunday?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Hardy on June 18, 2010, 09:18:31 AM
I could have an outing with my other team that day, SS. I'll have a decision to make.

If you were a real Larry you'd spend the afternoon muttering in the back garden.  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Hardy

I didn't know being a Larry was gonna be so easy.

Kerry - langer-baiting and not travelling till September.
Dublin - being cheeky and over-expectant.
Mayo - being gloomy and over-expectant.
Longford - muttering in the back garden.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 18, 2010, 11:13:39 AM

What time is the minor match at moysider? And couldn't the goons on the Connacht council have moved it to Sunday?

It appears that the minor match is scheduled for 5 in Castlebar, at the moment anyway, with the senior at 7 in Longford. The reason it s not on Sunday is because Galway v Sligo games are on in Salthill. I believe if Ros-Leitrim ends in a draw the minor is deferred a week until before the replay.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: moysider on June 18, 2010, 07:23:36 PM

It appears that the minor match is scheduled for 5 in Castlebar, at the moment anyway, with the senior at 7 in Longford. The reason it s not on Sunday is because Galway v Sligo games are on in Salthill. I believe if Ros-Leitrim ends in a draw the minor is deferred a week until before the replay.

Feck sake. That means another 2am throw in here. Wht dont they think of us exiles when scheduling these games  ;)
Hasta la victoria siempre

ballinaman

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on June 19, 2010, 12:17:10 AM

Feck sake. That means another 2am throw in here. Wht dont they think of us exiles when scheduling these games  ;)
It'll be 4am for the senior! Round of 16 in the world cup will be on so probably be up anyways and mid wesht will have to be on too!

moysider

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on June 19, 2010, 12:17:10 AM

To be honest I wouldn't let this one get in the way of a good night's sleep. No disrespect to anybody but Mayo have to do a lot more than win this one to rescue any credibility. Actually looking forward to seeing the selected team for this one. This management have been fooling themselves ( and some others) and it's unlikely to change now and they probably will persist with most of the Markievicz lot for the rest of it. The selected team should inform us if we should bother our holes or not. Don t be surprised if we don t get a team until before throw in. That way everybody gets spun along .

Shamrock Shore

Lads

Pm me yere mobiles and I'll text ye the result of the senior match as soon as it ends in Pearse Park. FFS stay in bed and put the phone onto 'gentle nudge' setting so as not to wake the lassie/lad beside, you who may be a total innocent in Mayo affairs.

Which, in the long run, may be a good thing.

Hey, did ye know that until 1572 Longford was considered part of Connaught - until Elizabeth I sold us into Leinster penury.

How many Connaught titles could we have had had yon barren mare not heeded advice! I reckon 10-15.

Bottoms Up!

spuds

Without Larries :
Galway  44
Mayo    42
Ross     19
Sligo     3
Leitrim  2

With Larries :
Galway  44
Mayo     42
Ross      19