Longford v Mayo 26th June

Started by Redgreenery, June 13, 2010, 09:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redgreenery

Looks like the game will be played in Longford. I reckon this should be a good game on the back of Sligo and Cork to get a little bit of confidence going in the side again and mabye even a run going in the qualifiers. If we cant beat Longford then we have lost a seriously big amount of ground in 2 games! I certainly cant see Mayo playing as badly again as they have!

Road to Sam here we go!!  ;) :D ;D ::)

Shamrock Shore

I welcome our Mayo friends across the Shannon for our first championship meeting.

Let's hope it's a sunny warm evening and let's look forward to good football and good craic.

Redgreenery

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 13, 2010, 09:38:55 PM
I welcome our Mayo friends across the Shannon for our first championship meeting.

Let's hope it's a sunny warm evening and let's look forward to good football and good craic.

Yes! Isn't that what it's all about!! Looking forward to it! :)

Cosmo Kramer

I watched a bit of the Longford v Louth game on rte.ie and based on the comments here had expected them to be awful. Although they lost in the end they weren't at all bad and should put up a good show at home in this one.

Having said that, it's a win win situation for Mayo because if we lose this game we really are far better off out of it for this year.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

IolarCoisCuain

Mayo have had some bad days in Longford. I remember Crossmolina losing an All-Ireland semi there in 2000, a very grey, wet day, and getting hammered out the gate by Down on a sunny day in a semi in the Under-21 Championship last year or the year before.

Very strange to not a have a bog what Mayo team will start in a fortnight. Very disorienting feeling.

But thank you for the sporting welcome Shamrock. Please God the weather will be good and we'll have a good game, however it turns out.

JMohan

Would Mayo put this down as a banker?

mannix

not a banker though it should.

armaghniac

QuoteWould Mayo put this down as a banker?

It is a Seanie Fitzpatrick.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Cosmo Kramer

Is anyone (maybe Abbeysider) able to throw some light on the Dillon rumour going around?
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Barney

As was said above this draw is a win win situation.

Maybe we will get a reaction and get a championship victory under our belts.

If the unthinkable happens we will have reached the lowest point and the major changes needed will come about.

Given that the game is going to be in Pearse Park it also puts it up to our lads that little bit more. You would hope that there will be a reaction but the worry is that things are so rotten behind the scenes that everybody just wants it all to end.

On the positive side I think we needed a winnable draw if we were to have thoughts of going on any kind of run. Get over this one and we have another 2 weeks to prepare for another game.

A lot will depend on the team selected. It has to be hoped that the manager now makes the brave calls. Get over his selection of captain and drop Trevor. Some form of definite game plan is called for. In so many ways it is too late but better late than never.

Billys Boots

Another fáilte from me here for the wide-kickers - we'll show you how it's done.   ;D
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 14, 2010, 09:05:24 AM
Another fáilte from me here for the wide-kickers - we'll show you how it's done.   ;D
Do you mean yer lot can kick/fist/head  more wides than ours? ;D
I didn't think any team would be in our league but fair play to youse if ye score more wides than we surely will.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Duine Eile

Not a bad draw for ye lads, should get ye back on track. 

Billys Boots

Quote from: Lar Naparka on June 14, 2010, 09:30:40 AM
I didn't think any team would be in our league but fair play to youse if ye score more wides than we surely will.

Hey Lár, we score so little we even cheer our wides.  But we'll be up for a good slaggin' match.   ;)

I'll start.  Hey youse shower, youse think Billy Joe Padden can't kick snow off a rope - wait til youse see our lads.  And Big Niall is warming up (down in Luigis).
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

RogerMilla

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 14, 2010, 09:57:12 AM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on June 14, 2010, 09:30:40 AM

Hey Lár, we score so little we even cheer our wides.  But we'll be up for a good slaggin' match.   ;)

I'll start.  Hey youse shower, youse think Billy Joe Padden can't kick snow off a rope - wait til youse see our lads.  And Big Niall is warming up (down in Luigis).

fine player , some bolg on him jaysis ,

agree with all here , good draw this , will test us and should be a win , if it is not a win then it will be the loss needed to cause serious reconstruction...