Cill Dara v Aontroim - AI Football Qualifier 26/06/10

Started by Dinny Breen, June 13, 2010, 07:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 13, 2010, 09:15:40 PM
Flanagan and O'Flaherty way off the pace imho, Flanagan looks like a body builder not a footballer..

Bit harsh on Morgan Dinny?

Off the pace against Louth for sure - but who wasn't in the backs. I thought he was our best defender in the NFL when he came back from his suspension.

Agree re Flanagan. Gone way back since last year. I wouldn't have any issues if Scanlon was picked ahead of him. I've a horrible feeling McGeeney will make few changes though. He doesn't seem to have much trust in certain players on the fringes of the panel.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

A Quinn Martin Production

Tough draw for us, away too, Kildare should be big favourites, looks like we'll be without our main free taker and as imtommygunn says we've no out and out FF.  Kildare's to lose.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 13, 2010, 10:44:14 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 13, 2010, 09:15:40 PM
Flanagan and O'Flaherty way off the pace imho, Flanagan looks like a body builder not a footballer..

Bit harsh on Morgan Dinny?

Off the pace against Louth for sure - but who wasn't in the backs. I thought he was our best defender in the NFL when he came back from his suspension.

Agree re Flanagan. Gone way back since last year. I wouldn't have any issues if Scanlon was picked ahead of him. I've a horrible feeling McGeeney will make few changes though. He doesn't seem to have much trust in certain players on the fringes of the panel.

Maybe but you've retained 4/6 that played against Louth and I just think McGeeney needs to be ruthless in his selection, I'd even make a case for Rainbow ahead of Cribben, just to provide some leadership in defence.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Antrim heads, you should come down for the weekend for this, it's Derby weekend in Kildare. Newbridge and Kildare Town are generally hopping over these three days and you'll get some World Class racing in as well.
#newbridgeornowhere

Olly

I believe that this will be easy enough for us. Kildare aren't the team they were since the late 90s and even though they won Sam for the first time ever when Sam was a trophy for the first time ever they're probably not the same team as they were then even too.

Paddy Cunningham will be a big miss and Conor McGourty's injury too but we're much better than Kildare in every way, even as a county. Kildare is just flat land and horses. Antrim has many many things from Larne harbour to the Giant's Causeway to Napoleon's nose to the H&W docks etc etc. For marketing purposes for ads on RTE, Antrim should go thrrough.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

drici

Translink Announce Special Enterprise Service for Kildare Match
14 June 2010

C Rogan (Translink)
Translink are happy to announce on the back of Antrim Supporters Associations PRO Carl Whyte's request to charter a special Enterprise Service to Dublin connecting to Newbridge Kildare for the game between Kildare and Antrim.

Seven carriages of the Enterprise Service have currently been reserved with the possibility of this being extended if interest prevails.

Please remember to book early through the Translink Ticketing website or through our General Enquiry office on 028 90666630. The cost of the return booking will be a special rate of £27.50 online booking or £32 when placing a booking through the enquiry line.

Please also remember to have your credit/debit card details to hand to ensure a fast and efficient service.

Finally Translink would like to wish Kevin 'Boxer' Bradley's Antrim the Best of Luck and hope all supporters have a most enjoyable day whether traveling with Translink or other.

omagh_gael

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: drici on June 14, 2010, 11:33:51 AM
Translink Announce Special Enterprise Service for Kildare Match
14 June 2010

C Rogan (Translink)
Translink are happy to announce on the back of Antrim Supporters Associations PRO Carl Whyte's request to charter a special Enterprise Service to Dublin connecting to Newbridge Kildare for the game between Kildare and Antrim.

Seven carriages of the Enterprise Service have currently been reserved with the possibility of this being extended if interest prevails.

Please remember to book early through the Translink Ticketing website or through our General Enquiry office on 028 90666630. The cost of the return booking will be a special rate of £27.50 online booking or £32 when placing a booking through the enquiry line.

Please also remember to have your credit/debit card details to hand to ensure a fast and efficient service.

Finally Translink would like to wish Kevin 'Boxer' Bradley's Antrim the Best of Luck and hope all supporters have a most enjoyable day whether traveling with Translink or other.

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 14, 2010, 11:46:21 AM
Kevin 'Boxer' Bradley?? WTF?

It has been confirmed as an elaborate hoax!  ::) Here's a snippet from the Antrim guestbook:

Name : Supporter14 June 2010
There was something on the website by Translink about a train going. Cant seem to see the details now. Do we know anymore about if it is going or not.

It was an elaborate hoax. Tranlink have confirmed that putting on a train would not be a viable proposition.

Still, it would take an elaborate hoax to fool Podge and Rodge, the Antrim Guestbook moderators  ;D

Hi guys! I know you're reading  ;) Could have happened anyone...

Now who's this guy Larry Tompkins that McGeeney has named in his starting lineup for the qualifiers? I bet Podge and Rodge are worried...

:) :) :D :D ;D ;D

imtommygunn

Class. Might put manners in that (them) boy(s)!

Anyone who thinks Antrim will beat Kildare easy is kidding themselves. If we play like the first half against Tyrone we'll get walloped. Play like the second and we have a chance though.

Gold

Class draw and i cant wait to travel down. Couldnt have got a better draw as delighted didnt get a team in Ulster and wanted an away draw to get a trip away.

Always loved kildare since a kid as they played an open brand of football with boys like Eddie Mccormick, Pauric Gravin in the corner hittin the frees (is that right name?) McCreery, O'Dwyer and Early.

First Jersey i ever got bar Antrim

2 fast non cynical teams will make for a great game.

Went to Wicklow/Kildare game in Portlaoise last year and atmosphere and colour were great.

Hope we see a repeat of that atmosphere, hope Antrim start well or at least stick with Kildare for the start and leave the game up for grabs in the 2nd half
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

jobo11

well i have to agree that this might be geezer last stand but the tided turned against him very quickly after last year. this show s how fickle the Gaea is especially going on what dinny breen is saying who probably hasn t played r managed a team in his life. this is set up to be a cracker but i think kildare will win by a few points. they have great experience in their team and what do people know about kildare expenditure ,must have inside info.but anyway kildare into round 2 .

Dinny Breen

Quotedinny breen is saying who probably hasn t played r managed a team in his life

Eh? I played senior football and senior rugby and have coached and managed 6 different teams but thanks for the disparaging comment even it was in text speak...
#newbridgeornowhere

SambaSaffron

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 14, 2010, 10:01:16 AM
Antrim heads, you should come down for the weekend for this, it's Derby weekend in Kildare. Newbridge and Kildare Town are generally hopping over these three days and you'll get some World Class racing in as well.
Cheers, might just do this.

Lads, I fully expect Paddy Cunningham to start the game. He is a doubt but I reckon he'll pull through.

glens abu

Quote from: SambaSaffron on June 15, 2010, 12:34:32 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 14, 2010, 10:01:16 AM
Cheers, might just do this.

Lads, I fully expect Paddy Cunningham to start the game. He is a doubt but I reckon he'll pull through.

Good I hope you are right Sam

jobo11