The Official USA World Cup thread

Started by magickingdom, June 12, 2010, 03:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrinkingHarp

Tragedy Adverted

By HARRY PAIRATESTES, Associated Press Writer - Sun Jun 13, 01:34 am ET

RUSTENBURG, South Africa (AFP) - After Englands draw with the US in the opening round of play teamates came to the support of goalkeeper Robert Green and his blunder to start the action on Saturday. Captain Steven Gerrard stated "we played a good match but gifted them a point, we have to accept the result and move forward from here on out. The team wins or loses as a team, we back Robert and look forward to the next game."

With the support of the captain and the rest of team Green seems to have taken the loss personally. A team spokesperson reported that Robert went missing early this morning and trainers were sent out to look for him. After about a two hour search Green was found wandering down a busy thoroughfare with his back to the trainer. When the trainer yelled for Green he stepped in front of an oncoming bus travelling about 70KM an hour. Luckily for Green the bus was also able to get by him just as the ball did earlier in the evening and no injuries occurred.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

ziggysego

Quote from: gerry on June 12, 2010, 06:48:01 PM
Seen ziggy getting the beer in for this one today. He even had the george flag wrapped around him. Top poster on here to and he was not even watching the ga on the telly. The shane of it

You're some craic. Noticed you weren't at home watching the game. Out driving about in the car? Ha!
Testing Accessibility

stew

Fair result for the USA yesterday, they are faster and they exposed carragher big time, he should have walked and although the ref had a good game I thought he let a few English fouls go.

Slovenia will pack them in against the States and they will be hoping for a point, I would say they will feel that they are playing for second in the group and that four points might be enough to get them through.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

tyssam5

Quote from: stew on June 13, 2010, 03:02:45 PM
Fair result for the USA yesterday, they are faster and they exposed carragher big time, he should have walked and although the ref had a good game I thought he let a few English fouls go.

Slovenia will pack them in against the States and they will be hoping for a point, I would say they will feel that they are playing for second in the group and that four points might be enough to get them through.

You talking about when he came across Findlay with the shoulder? Thought most WC refs would have called that, though the standard of reffing so far has been surprisingly good. It was one of those 50/50 ones that tend to go against the 'smaller' country. If Rooney had been taken out like that it would have been free kick and man off.