Waterford County Board explanation required

Started by Peter Solan the Great, June 11, 2010, 09:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Solan the Great

Can anyone explained to me what happened with the waterford county board, the munster hurling final and the 50k. In a nutshell what happened? i tried reading around online but the week of work etc i cant make sense of it. So in a nutshell what happened?

put-it-up

One of the hurlers broke in, stole the cash, rented a caravan and hot-blonde and decided to make a high-profile movie with the cash  ;D

muppet

Quote from: put-it-up on June 11, 2010, 09:52:29 PM
One of the hurlers broke in, stole the cash, rented a caravan and hot-blonde and decided to make a high-profile movie with the cash  ;D

Saw that one. Debbie does Deise wasn't it?
MWWSI 2017

Zulu

Basically Waterford are strapped for cash and suggested that for 50hey would play the winners of Tipp and Cork at their home venues should a Munster final between Waterford and one of those teams materialise. This was probably done on the presumption that Tipp would win and therefore the game would be on in Thurles. When Cork won and the prospect of playing Cork in PUC became a reality there was uproar and the Waterford CB then tried to shift blame to the Munster council.

It appears that the Waterford CB were trying to generate money, which is fair enough, but made a mess of things in the way they went about it and the fall out from the surprise Cork result.