Neck/shoulder pain

Started by tyrone girl, June 11, 2010, 04:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

Anyone know any good rubs or anything thats good for this? Its feckin killing me. Back of my neck where it meets my back and towards my shoulder. Had it ongoing for months on end before but it hasnt troubled me in ages - has gradually started coming back over this last few days and getting to be really painful now. Any time i go to docs they just give me painkillers but sure all thats doin is numbing it (if even) for short time!

Geoff Tipps

Have you tried one of those bean bag yokes that you heat in the microwave? Anytime I've a similar pain I find it good for easing it.

Alco Pup

Did you try seeing a physio?  Might be something they can work on...

I was having a far bit of bother there meself when I was fight training.  Turned out it was linked to a previous injury - torn pec minor, I had been overcompensating.  :(

armaghniac

I'd certainly ask the Doc whether a physio might help. I had the acupuncture, but not all physios do this.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BallyhaiseMan

sent you a pm regarding your problem TG.

tyrone girl

Cheers guys - will look into the suggestions. Very painful - bf put voltoral on me last night but didnt do a bit of good. He reckoned thats wat its for but i duno

thebandit

I have exactly that at the minute - all linked to bad posture, driving position etc....

Physio did acuapuncture on it and strapped it into a 'better posture' position - helped greatly.

el_cuervo_fc

Get an appointment with a chiropractor, they'll crack the whole thing back into place for you.  It's a bit freaky when they twist your neck round but the result is great.

ziggysego

I get a lovely massage from a lovely young girl at Rosemary's Cottage in Omagh. Great way of relieving the pain and tension in my shoulders and pain, brought on by stress.

I would highly recommend it.
Testing Accessibility

brokencrossbar1

TG, if you are sitting at a computer all day you should look at the ergonomics of your desk.  you sound like you have a classic case of having your head at the wrong angle when you are working.

The Real Laoislad

I got a lovely massage in Thailand once,though I think you are missing something that would let you enjoy it the way I did....
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Catch the high ball

I have a similar problem, when I'm sitting writing at a table or on the computer I get a severe burning pain down the back of my neck, can only write or go on the computer for 45 mins max because it gets so bad then take a break and start again, feckin annoying.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

andoireabu

My da would get the odd prob with muscles in his neck/shoulder and he swears by rubbing poitin into it.  not that I advocate the making of poitin but if you know someone who does then it might help.  He even uses WD40 if his hands or joints are sore and he told me the doc told him it would work.  Honest to God its not a windup
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

tyrone girl

Thanks for the tips all and pms. Defo gonna look into some of these cos its desperate sore all weekend here. I usuallly grin and bear it but it seems to be recurring more often than it was. Probably has come from the way i sit at the computer but i have found myself these past few mornings hardly able to lift myself out of bed cos the pains that bad as i get up

spuds

for me was locking into a posture at computer and not varying it
advice is physio physio physio unless youve pulled a muscle a dr is feck all use
physio told me i was over extending certain muscles and ones about them were not able to support
she gave me very specific stretches and excercises
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard