An Lu V Iarmhi - One of them into the Leinster Final!! 5.50 Sunday 27th June

Started by Louth Exile, June 11, 2010, 02:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Well done Louth! 50 years is a long time! Best of luck (no offence to my Meath pals here) in the final

mylestheslasher

Congrats to Louth, delighted to see ye back in a provincial final after so long away. Seriously thought ye were going to f**k it up there near the end.

Bud Wiser

Go Louth, go on and win the Leinster, there won't be one county outside of Meath, and with no disrespect to Meath, that will begrudge ye.  What a change it woould make to se a Louth man in the Hogan lifting the Delany cup?

I read an interesting statistic from my fav journo in the Herald, Frank Roche d'other evening in which he said that there were twelve players on the Louth team whose fathers all played senior football for the county, only one of them deceased so there are eleven happy daddys in Louth this evening. What a year it could be for them?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Louth Exile

All I can say at the moment is Wahoo... For now, for once we are in Mc Graths looking forward to the Sunday Game, like we never have done before! Oh man :-) An Lu Abu. In Fitzer we trust....
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

gerrykeegan

Well done Louth, by far the better team on the day. There was a good Louth few lads crying as I left Croke park today it means a lot to them. We lacked composure all day. Meath looked ruthless.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

orangeman

Gold

Delighted for Louth. Saw them in Casement this year and they wernt too hot that night although Lennon was danger personified anytime a ball was kicked near him.

PK has come on from then with matches under his belt and was class.

Was worried Glennon and Flanagan were gonna win it for WM --Glennon was hard done by bigtime when he was pushed over but given no free only for Judge to goal at the other end.

But Louth deserved it and i'd love if they could beat Meath as you boys love your football and i know what it's like supporting a team with little success
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

ardchieftain

Well done Louth, thoroughly deserved victory.
I thought they were going to throw it away a few times. I was so stressed watching it that any casual observer would believe me to be from the wee county. My considerable financial interest in the game is the reason for my racing heart and insane screaming at the tv !

In the final Louth should dominate midfield and get the ball to Lennon as often as possible and maybe, just maybe..........

The Aristocrat

AN other

Hungrier team on the day won. Would have been an injustice had Westmeath got anything out of the game.
Paul Greville was the only man that did himself justice yesterday. The rest just didn't seem tuned in. It was a very different type of performance to that against Wicklow. They played like they had something to prove that day. Not yesterday though. The strange atmosphere might have had something to do with it but Louth had to cope with that too. I think if they were playing in an empty stadium Louth would have been just as hungry.
Pat Flanagan got it wrong too in my opinion. O'Donoghue should have been replaced by Keane before half-time. Smyth should have been replaced ahead of Lynam, even if he had been brought on as a sub. I don't really understand why Ger Egan was taken off either. If they wanted to bring on Flanagan, Smyth or Glennon should have been the men to go. There's not alot that can be done with our midfield though, we're just weak there. Duffy had an alright game I suppose but Bannon's neither big enough or mobile enough. We don't have alot of options here though.
The Louth celebrations were nice, reminded me of our celebrations following victory over the Dubs in '04. Couldn't fault the Louth support, the odd spa aside. While obviously I wanted to see us win the match, we had our day in the sun not THAT long ago. At least we know how they feel!

AZOffaly

Well done Louth, hard luck to Westmeath. A good sign for Westmeath that they hung in there, and also good for Louth that they wobbled so badly but still stuck in and got the insurance score at the end. Delighted for Shane Lennon, saw him as a minor against Offaly up in Ardee, he scored 3 something that day and looked a star all over. Hope he continues to develop. Also delighted for Paddy Keenan, maybe the rest of the country will start to see what people in Leinster have seen from him up to now.

It's always great when teams like this reach (and win) provincial titles (Sorry Zulu), so I hope they go on and do it, even though I have great time for Meath as well.

As for Westmeath, lift it now, and go on through the qualifiers. I've decided to become a Leinster backer (in GAA at least) like the way the Ulster lads do. We need to lift the standard of our provincial championships so Dublin never again coast through 5 or 6 in a row. It does them no good, and does us no good. So the better the likes of Offaly, Westmeath, Longford, Louth, Carlow, Wicklow, Laois (well maybe not Laois :)), Kildare, Wexford, etc get, the better for all of us.

heffo

Well done to Louth - great scenes at the final whistle - hard luck to Westmeath.

I'm looking forward to the Leinster final now.

Dinny Breen

QuoteAs for Westmeath, lift it now, and go on through the qualifiers. I've decided to become a Leinster backer (in GAA at least) like the way the Ulster lads do. We need to lift the standard of our provincial championships so Dublin never again coast through 5 or 6 in a row. It does them no good, and does us no good. So the better the likes of Offaly, Westmeath, Longford, Louth, Carlow, Wicklow, Laois (well maybe not Laois :)), Kildare, Wexford, etc get, the better for all of us.

In more or less the same frame of mind myself, the Leinster bashing on this board would do that to you  >:(
#newbridgeornowhere

Maroon Heaven

Aye - Well done to Louth. Better team on the day. Westmeath could not get the basics right. Basic mistakes like giving ball away, kicking to the oppenents would never have happened under Paudi. We'd more hunger then.

On a side point - I'm fed up going to Croke park and seeing Westmeath play in an Empty stadium. About 25,000 watched that match but the place was empty. This does nothing to promote Leinster football. Too often Croke park is used when smaller stadium should be. I would rather have gone up to Navan yesterday and seen that game in a full Pairc Tailteann and made a day out of it with the kids. Instead its the usual empty croke park with no atmosphere. Leinste football is dying lads and the sooner we get out of Croke park the better.

Main Street

Quote from: Celt_Man on June 27, 2010, 07:43:59 PM
Some post match coverage... >:(
I thought that was the best part of their analysis, just sitting there speechless, grinning at the camera.

Well done to Louth in an enthralling game. I don't know how the Louth fans could watch those last 15 minutes