Gilmore for Taoiseach?

Started by barelegs, June 10, 2010, 09:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

I agree we shouldn't get into it here and now but I don't completely agree with Hardy or Lone Sharks analysis. I think though that its fair to say that when we went looking for more money from the EU they (and our own government) agreed that certain regions hadn't received a fair crack of the whip.

Lone Shark

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 17, 2010, 02:23:09 PM
I agree we shouldn't get into it here and now but I don't completely agree with Hardy or Lone Sharks analysis. I think though that its fair to say that when we went looking for more money from the EU they (and our own government) agreed that certain regions hadn't received a fair crack of the whip.

Would a fairer way of putting not be that the BMW region was seen as needing help to get up to speed? I don't recall any analysis that said it had been discriminated against in the past.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Lone Shark on June 17, 2010, 02:31:01 PM

Would a fairer way of putting not be that the BMW region was seen as needing help to get up to speed? I don't recall any analysis that said it had been discriminated against in the past.

Yeah ok but its Mickey v. Michael in my eyes. Closing down units in hospitals and half doing train lines seems to be how to get things up to speed these days.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 17, 2010, 04:03:20 PM
Quote from: Lone Shark on June 17, 2010, 02:31:01 PM

Yeah ok but its Mickey v. Michael in my eyes. Closing down units in hospitals and half doing train lines seems to be how to get things up to speed these days.

Shutting down both Castlebar and Sligo cancer care units is lunacy, it left a huge geographic area with poor roads and terrible public transport so far from the so called centres of excellence.

I often hear the argument that the East is the Wealth generating engine of the country, but from where I'm looking it appears to be the Debt generating engine of the country. Perhaps as in the good times when the West did not reap the benefits of the Celtic Tiger, maybe the West should not be expected to bail out the bankers.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Bogball XV

Kenny wins 39-33

Is that it for him?? 

muppet

Quote from: Bogball XV on June 17, 2010, 04:49:41 PM
Kenny wins 39-33

Is that it for him??

Definitely it for Bruton. An astonishing blunder.

Ironically Kenny has looked far more like a leader in the last 3 days than he had for 7 years.
MWWSI 2017

An Gaeilgoir

As a non- fine Gaeler, i'm delighted for Kenny, It serves all the judas bastards who Kenny put in key positions right. Well done Kenny, Show the same fighting spirit over the next 12 months as you did in the past week and the doubters will be silenced. As for Bruton and his in the main Leinster crew, enjoy the view from the backbenches. Talk about a mis-timed and ill-judged decision from the so called "great white hope".

muppet

I could see a very 'Western' Fine Gael frontbench now.

How about:

John O'Mahony for deputy leader and Michael Ring to be the new Mayo manager?

MWWSI 2017

magpie seanie

I'd say Michael Ring might be a better GAA manager right enough!

leenie

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 15, 2010, 11:25:00 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 15, 2010, 10:30:23 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 15, 2010, 08:06:15 PM

All I say last non-Leinster Taoiseach - Jack Lynch .

Albert was a Ros man.  ;)

Roosky - Longford

born in rooskey co roscommon...
lived in longford after his marriage!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Rossfan

As I said   -  a Ros man.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

leenie

i know... just clarifying it... as i know ones who are proud of that fact!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: muppet on June 17, 2010, 05:10:10 PM
I could see a very 'Western' Fine Gael frontbench now.

How about:

John O'Mahony for deputy leader and Michael Ring to be the new Mayo manager?

Trevor M would be killed out going to all the funerals with him!!!! :D