Best hurling goal ever

Started by corcaioch, June 10, 2010, 01:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corcaioch

What was the best hurling goal you've ever seen?

My top 2 would be Davy Fitz's penalty against Limerick in '95 and John Fenton's piledriver in '87

Here are 100 of the best from youtube

Hurling goals playlist -

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=C12E6707DAE1F180

seafoid

Didn't JBM score with an overhead pull against Galway one time?

fearglasmor

Not on that youtube list but either of two Johnny Dooley frees, one against Limerick in the 94 final and the other to steal a leinster championship from Wexford at the death. Cant remember the year.

seafoid

The Billy Dooley goal from a free in the 1994 all-Ireland when the Limerick fellas had the sun in their eyes and the gap was I think 6 points was pure electricity and was the ultimate downfall of Limerick. 

Canalman

Best goal I ever saw was a goal scored against us in Parnell Park by Kilkenny in the Walsh Cup 2009. Two first time cross field pulls into a sprinting KK forward who caught the sliotar without breaking stride to bury it in the net. The crowd spontaneously applauded it............... absolute magic.

To my eternal shame I am not sure who scored it. Might try and find it on youtube later (prob not on it ).

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Canalman on June 10, 2010, 04:08:25 PM
Best goal I ever saw was a goal scored against us in Parnell Park by Kilkenny in the Walsh Cup 2009. Two first time cross field pulls into a sprinting KK forward who caught the sliotar without breaking stride to bury it in the net. The crowd spontaneously applauded it............... absolute magic.

To my eternal shame I am not sure who scored it. Might try and find it on youtube later (prob not on it ).
Was it Richie Power??

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: seafoid on June 10, 2010, 03:07:29 PM
The Billy Dooley goal from a free in the 1994 all-Ireland when the Limerick fellas had the sun in their eyes and the gap was I think 6 points was pure electricity and was the ultimate downfall of Limerick.
Billy was the man fouled, but it was his brother Johnny who took the free.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMFUsN3OWo0

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: fearglasmor on June 10, 2010, 01:53:27 PM
Not on that youtube list but either of two Johnny Dooley frees, one against Limerick in the 94 final and the other to steal a leinster championship from Wexford at the death. Cant remember the year.
It was 1998 against Wexford. In a crowded goalmouth Johnny pulled on a ball that broke from a long range Brian Whelahan free.
The famous summer of '98 would have been much different had he not scored.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on June 10, 2010, 10:10:36 PM
It was 1998 against Wexford. In a crowded goalmouth Johnny pulled on a ball that broke from a long range Brian Whelahan free.

I was at that match with my mates from Wexford. They were disgusted leaving. I remember the Offaly folk telling them they were robbed. Amazing how things went after that. Was an incredible summer.

Reillers

Eh. There have been some classics all right. The best I can think of, off the top of my head is Tom Kenny's goal against Wexford in 04.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPeF7wI_qRU

Probably not the greatest ever goal you'll see, but feckin hell it was a nice one all right.

Canalman

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on June 10, 2010, 09:39:31 PM
Quote from: Canalman on June 10, 2010, 04:08:25 PM

Was it Richie Power??

That is the lad I thought scored it alright.......... by no means sure of it though. The greatness of the goal though was in the lead up play.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Reillers on June 11, 2010, 01:01:12 PM
Eh. There have been some classics all right. The best I can think of, off the top of my head is Tom Kenny's goal against Wexford in 04.

Probably not the greatest ever goal you'll see, but feckin hell it was a nice one all right.

Reillers in nominating Cork goal shocker... (That said I think John Fentons ground stroke that used to be on the introduction to the Sunday Game was the best goal for me)
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Reillers

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on June 11, 2010, 02:15:12 PM
Quote from: Reillers on June 11, 2010, 01:01:12 PM

Reillers in nominating Cork goal shocker... (That said I think John Fentons ground stroke that used to be on the introduction to the Sunday Game was the best goal for me)
Oh so it's a bad goal. There are many, I said that was the first one off the top of my head, but of course never mind the goal, he's from Cork, so apparently that's why I said it was a good goal. Dowling?? Is that you?

gallsman

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on June 10, 2010, 10:10:36 PM

Must have been a semi final?

Did KK not hockey them in the final?