The ABWC thread

Started by Hardy, June 09, 2010, 07:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

I just wanted to start a tread that wasn't about the world cup. Just for novelty value, like.

I thought we had rules about thread proliferation on a single subject, but we have six world cup threads so far. The main one has 38 pages and the fucken thing hasn't even started yet.

We have sweepstakes and lotteries. Next it'll be predict the colour of Wayne Rooney's vomit and where will Drogba lie down first. When did we ever have a sweepstake on the All-Ireland Championship on this GAA discussion board?

So I'm just providing this thread as a small gesture to offer some respite from the next four weeks (four weeks - Oh God!) of diving and whinging and scorer-kissing and cringe-making goal "celebrations" (F**K!) and effeminate hairdos and grimacing in pain when someone passes within two yards and the general ponciness overload that's coming our way, whether we like it or not.

So, if it's all getting too much for you, feel free to drop in here and get away from it all. Post about anything you like. Even the world cup, as long as it's negative, sceptical or hostile. All three would be better. Just for balance.

Catch the high ball

Games like Cameroon vs Japan and Honduras vs Chilie take the bellend!
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Hardy

Quote from: Hardy on June 09, 2010, 07:22:35 PM
I just wanted to start a tread that wasn't about the world cup.

Of course, now I realise it IS about the f*n world cup.

What do I do now?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Catch the high ball on June 09, 2010, 07:33:19 PM
I dunno I saw some of Chile in the qualifying phase and they look decent, a game like that could have loads of goals.
Also Japan didn't look bad against England
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Catch the high ball

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 09, 2010, 07:36:56 PM
I dunno I saw some of Chile in the qualifying phase and they look decent, a game like that could have loads of goals.

Suppose you may have a point as Algeria vs ? (Small Country) in Confederations Cup was 4-4. Only real entertainment is in the last 10 minutes.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

supersarsfields

Have to say I was waiting for this thread alright. Tho I thought we'd get to the start of it before it appeared. 

Puckoon

Can we still talk about soccer?

I see Michael Ballack and Joe Cole are on their way out of stamford bridge on free transfers.

thejuice

Moynalty steam threshing festival only 8 weeks away now. Anyone excited. Anyone giving their Ferguson 20 a once over??
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Puckoon

Quote from: Hardy on June 09, 2010, 07:22:35 PM
I just wanted to start a tread that wasn't about the world cup. Just for novelty value, like.

I thought we had rules about thread proliferation on a single subject, but we have six world cup threads so far. The main one has 38 pages and the fucken thing hasn't even started yet.

We have sweepstakes and lotteries. Next it'll be predict the colour of Wayne Rooney's vomit and where will Drogba lie down first. When did we ever have a sweepstake on the All-Ireland Championship on this GAA discussion board?

So I'm just providing this thread as a small gesture to offer some respite from the next four weeks (four weeks - Oh God!) of diving and whinging and scorer-kissing and cringe-making goal "celebrations" (F**K!) and effeminate hairdos and grimacing in pain when someone passes within two yards and the general ponciness overload that's coming our way, whether we like it or not.

So, if it's all getting too much for you, feel free to drop in here and get away from it all. Post about anything you like. Even the world cup, as long as it's negative, sceptical or hostile. All three would be better. Just for balance.

Are you talking about Joe Brolly or the Mort?

Orior

Fair enough Hardy, but can I confirm you WILL be supporting the Motherland?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Catch the high ball on June 09, 2010, 07:39:57 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 09, 2010, 07:36:56 PM

Suppose you may have a point as Algeria vs ? (Small Country) in Confederations Cup was 4-4. Only real entertainment is in the last 10 minutes.

It often turns out some of the bigger games with the so called bigger teams are very poor games
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

I'm looking forward to it but people starting new threads on it when there is a thread is downright annoying
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Rossfan

I won't be watching any of this soccer world cup shite .
There will be plenty of club games on in the county over the next month or so to occupy nearly every evening. :)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ONeill

Not another fcukin World Cup thread.

Jaysus.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Farrandeelin

The Ballina Street Festival runs from the 2nd till 11th July. I'll be doing a teaching course and training minors so I'll be busy enough this time around when the World Cup is on, plus there's cows to milk when I'm not doing any of these things and I hate watching games during the week during the daytime.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.