Baile Átha Cliath v Loch Garman LSFC 13/06/2010

Started by Dinny Breen, June 08, 2010, 10:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

In fairness I think that was always going to be the way Indy.
It takes a bit of trial and error to find the best mix.
Alan Brogan made a big difference when he came on.
So did McAuley.
They'll start the next day, and I think Cullen should start as well.
I'm still not convinced by midfield though.
Gilroy should take Whelos advice and get on the blower to Shane Ryan.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Mickeys beard

Quote from: highorlow on June 13, 2010, 06:52:38 PM
QuoteLooks like the GAA still need Dublin in the Leinster championship.  Ridiculously one sided officiating in the second half and even in critical stages of extra time.  Not good for Dublin.  Need to work on fair tackling.

What game were you watching? The sending off was very harsh if anything, the Wexford back was obstructing the Dub from grtting to the man with the ball, didn't deserve a straight red.

If you can back up your arguement with examples rather than a sweeping statement it would be better?

How many unpunished post-pass 'hits' did we see from the Dubs after the first half?  I can also recall three striking to the face actions, unpunished, two dangerous tackles with the feet, one dangerous tackle to the back of a wexford-player catching the ball possible red, two swung elbows by dublin players in possesion, unpunished. Two incorrect line-ball decisions near the end of full time and in extra time that disrupted some Wexford possession.  Near the end of extra time Dublin were awarded a free for nothing at about 20 yards that brought it back to six points.  After that, it was a jersey stretching exercise. 
The sending off was as clear as day.  Unless the dub concerned runs in semi-circles, that Wexford man was nowhere near the line of the ball carrier. 
Please don't make me watch it again to provide names, times, etc.  Once was bad enough.
Boil the Drawers!

INDIANA

Quote from: Jinxy on June 13, 2010, 07:35:50 PM
So did McAuley.

More chance of me playing midfield Jinxy. Won't happen. Any team would fancy themselves against us Jinxy.

INDIANA

Quote from: Mickeys beard on June 13, 2010, 07:48:59 PM
QuoteLooks like the GAA still need Dublin in the Leinster championship.  Ridiculously one sided officiating in the second half and even in critical stages of extra time.  Not good for Dublin.  Need to work on fair tackling.

What game were you watching? The sending off was very harsh if anything, the Wexford back was obstructing the Dub from grtting to the man with the ball, didn't deserve a straight red.

If you can back up your arguement with examples rather than a sweeping statement it would be better?

How many unpunished post-pass 'hits' did we see from the Dubs after the first half?  I can also recall three striking to the face actions, unpunished, two dangerous tackles with the feet, one dangerous tackle to the back of a wexford-player catching the ball possible red, two swung elbows by dublin players in possesion, unpunished. Two incorrect line-ball decisions near the end of full time and in extra time that disrupted some Wexford possession.  Near the end of extra time Dublin were awarded a free for nothing at about 20 yards that brought it back to six points.  After that, it was a jersey stretching exercise. 
The sending off was as clear as day.  Unless the dub concerned runs in semi-circles, that Wexford man was nowhere near the line of the ball carrier. 
Please don't make me watch it again to provide names, times, etc.  Once was bad enough.

Ah yes the dis-enfrancihsed northern brethern -why don't you take your Free State prejudices to another thread. We had 2 lads sent off. So we were admirably punished.

Mickeys beard

Quote from: INDIANA on June 13, 2010, 07:51:21 PM
Quote from: Mickeys beard on June 13, 2010, 07:48:59 PM

Ah yes the dis-enfrancihsed northern brethern -why don't you take your Free State prejudices to another thread. We had 2 lads sent off. So we were admirably punished.

Don't make me laugh!  Admirably punished for a couple of minutes-joke!  Wexford not in the Free State?
Boil the Drawers!

Hound

Desperately bad performance by the Dubs. Don't know how we escaped. Too many bad performances to mention, but I thought Conal Keaney was super.

Felt sorry for the very few Wexford fans in attendance, one bloke near me was in near tears at the end of the 70, knowing that they'd missed the boat at that stage.

The most pleasing part of the win was it really sickened the hole of "Mickeys beard" (sic).  ;D

Mickeys beard

Quote from: Hound on June 13, 2010, 08:55:49 PM
Desperately bad performance by the Dubs. Don't know how we escaped. Too many bad performances to mention, but I thought Conal Keaney was super.

Felt sorry for the very few Wexford fans in attendance, one bloke near me was in near tears at the end of the 70, knowing that they'd missed the boat at that stage.

The most pleasing part of the win was it really sickened the hole of "Mickeys beard" (sic).  ;D

Have you ever had to wash vomit out of a beard? 
Boil the Drawers!

Pups

We totally got out of jail today. We were awful but showed bottle coming back and we had to work on our mental strength which I believe was tested today. Fair play to Mattie though that was some comeback for him. Not sure what gilroy/ whelans half time talk was about. Would love to have been there.   

johnpower

Quote from: Pups on June 13, 2010, 10:37:16 PM
We totally got out of jail today. We were awful but showed bottle coming back and we had to work on our mental strength which I believe was tested today. Fair play to Mattie though that was some comeback for him. Not sure what gilroy/ whelans half time talk was about. Would love to have been there.

Was listening  to the match in the first half where the Dubs were getting some slatting .To thoes Dubs supporters who stayed to the end well done .

Pups

That'd be me so. Drenched I was.  Was sooooo disappointed with our performance. Also hate it when the hill starts booing the dubs. It embarrases me. I felt the frustration they felt but at the end of the day it's an amateur sport and they don't deserve that.

Zapatista

Ripping I had to watch this from distance through a glass door while at the same time watch the Grand Prix (long story).

Some days football. Fair balls to the Dubs on grinding that out. 

J70

Quote from: Jinxy on June 13, 2010, 07:35:50 PM
So did McAuley.

I'm not as in touch with the details of other counties from my exile, but why did Brogan not start? Was he injured or coming back to fitness? Or have Dublin found a better option (which would be impressive to my mind!)?

The Aristocrat

On the game, i told you earlier in thi sthread that Wexford were favorites, nearly proven right, terrible game, shocking performance, worst half of football in the first half than i seen in 20 years from any dublin team.

Meath to win Leinster now.

Hound

Quote from: J70 on June 14, 2010, 12:55:25 AM

I'm not as in touch with the details of other counties from my exile, but why did Brogan not start? Was he injured or coming back to fitness? Or have Dublin found a better option (which would be impressive to my mind!)?
There'd been talk for a while that Gilroy doesnt see Brogan fitting into his new system. But also he has been struggling with injury, so it may be that Gilroy had planned all along to ease him into it. In training sessions he has been with the B team rather than the A team and in the last two challenge matches, when the A team lost to Mayo and the B team beat Westmeath, Alan played with the B team and was taken off injured in the first half.

But whatever about the past, I think its fairly safe to say he'll be with the A team from now on.

I wasn't on the Hill yesterday, and I'm not sure what was going on. There seemed to be droves leaving during the 2nd half, but by the beginning of extra time it was full again. They must have took shelter underneath rather than leave. I think the punters were well entitled to boo when the half time whistle went and to greet the final whistle at the end of ET with silence. The performance was not good enough. But the support from the Hill during play was excellent considering the circumstances.

Declan

I looked up at the scoreboard at 52 minutes yesterday and it read 10 - 03 to Wexford and I was embarrassed. The worst performance by a Dublin team I can ever remember even after the last couple of collapses. It was the old guard that got us out of jail yesterday, Keaney and Brogan in particular. I just don't know where to start in analysing the game itself but Wexford bottled it big time - Why they tried to start the possession game I don't know and really in extra time there was only going to be one winner. Re the booing I heard it alright and can understand the frustration but don't agree with it myself. I was just too disappointed to do anything except sit in my seat and pray for the end of the game!
Anyway we're still in it but either Laois or Meath would hammer us on that performance from what I saw from all the teams yesterday. O'Sullivan's injury seemed to affect the whole set up as well but don't really know what to think anymore