Galway v Sligo - Connact SFC semi final 27th June

Started by galwayman, June 07, 2010, 08:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Looks to me galway have dis-improved under Kernan. Well done to Sligo great to see new counties coming to the fore. However depending on the draw the last 4 will still be diffiudlt for them. Not sure their system will work that well in Croker. Sligo if they mark Shine, Heneghan and Cregg will win the connacht final by 10 points at least. Could be a massacre.

orangeman

Does anybody happen to have recorded yesterday's replay with Sligo Galway ?

I wouldn't mind a copy.

PM me if you have. Thanks.

The Konica

I wonder how this leaves the Joe Kernan/County Board relationship.

It's no secret there's been big investment in Galway, this is hardly the result or reward they expected from it.

Will Joe be under pressure or will he certainly be given a second term?
Usually it's a forgone that he'll have the 2nd year, but if Galway are undoubtedly going backwards then it surely is time to reconsider? 

You'd also have to look at Mayo and ask will there be a repeat in Galway?
A manager not able to commit fully to the county job because of other commitments and travel?

ross4life

Quote from: orangeman on July 04, 2010, 01:40:39 PM
Does anybody happen to have recorded yesterday's replay with Sligo Galway ?

I wouldn't mind a copy.

PM me if you have. Thanks.

the Full match will be up on the tv3 website in a couple of days

http://www.tv3.ie/shows.php?request=gaa
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Shrewdness

Quote from: INDIANA on July 04, 2010, 01:28:30 PM
Looks to me galway have dis-improved under Kernan. Well done to Sligo great to see new counties coming to the fore. However depending on the draw the last 4 will still be diffiudlt for them. Not sure their system will work that well in Croker. Sligo if they mark Shine, Heneghan and Cregg will win the connacht final by 10 points at least. Could be a massacre.

Remarkable post there Indiana. Talking about Sligo as if they're guaranteed to be in the last 4 is absolute bullshit. I don't see them as last 4 material.
Congrats to them yesterday, and well though Kelly took his goal, there would be a much different mood on this thread today if Bradshaw didn't have that brainless moment.

Whilst i expect Sligo to beat Ros, to label it as a potential massacre is more bullshit,and a complete lack of respect to Ros.
If you told Kevin Walsh or any of the Sligo players that the final will be a massacre, what do you think their answer would be ::)

Rossfan

Let's encourage the Indianas of the world in their view of us.  ;)
Be interesting to see how Sligo cope with the tag of being over whelming favourites  instead of their usual gallant underdog status.
Hopefully it'll stifle them somewhat on the day and give us some hope of making a game of it.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mckieran

QuoteOn a slightly sour note from yesterday I think it has to be pointed out that although a great player he may be, O'Hara let himself down badly yesterday by acting the tr**p with Concannon and after the Paul Galvin incident against Cork if there's any consistency by the GAA for video evidence this year he'll rightly get a 4 week ban for his actions.

O'Hara seemed to be getting involved in stuff all day. He should have been sent off for his stamp. Its strange because I never saw O'Hara as a dirty player before.  I am interested to see if this will be highlightled by the Sunday Game. Because, there is little doubt in my mind that if Paul Galvin did what O'Hara did yesterday, it would be all over the media and he would get banned. By the way, What Galvin did against Kerry wasnt anywhere near as bad as what O'Hara did yesterday.

meathie

yea have to agree with the O Hara thing. I thought he got away with a good bit yesterday and its happened a few times in the past too. Just because he is seen as a hero within the County doesnt exclude him from the same punishment as everyone else. I have great admiration for him as a player and love his love of the game but if we're to go with whole tv trial then it should be highlighted tonight...

Shrewdness

Quote from: meathie on July 04, 2010, 06:48:54 PM
yea have to agree with the O Hara thing. I thought he got away with a good bit yesterday and its happened a few times in the past too. Just because he is seen as a hero within the County doesnt exclude him from the same punishment as everyone else. I have great admiration for him as a player and love his love of the game but if we're to go with whole tv trial then it should be highlighted tonight...

O'Hara has always been a bit of a nasty bollocks. Wasn't it only a couple of years ago that he got sent off in 2 or 3 league games in a row, one of which he claimed mistaken identity.
Always regarded him as over rated.

Hound

Quote from: Shrewdness on July 04, 2010, 06:55:01 PM
Quote from: meathie on July 04, 2010, 06:48:54 PM

O'Hara has always been a bit of a nasty bollocks. Wasn't it only a couple of years ago that he got sent off in 2 or 3 league games in a row, one of which he claimed mistaken identity.
Always regarded him as over rated.
Well that was definitely mistaken identity!
Lucky to get away his stamp today. No need for that shíte.

What was nearly worse though was the dive Phillips took and then feigning injury to get an opponent booked. Hate to see that.

Thought Sligo had thrown it away again with all the wides they kicked in the second half while dominating possession. But the subs really steadied the ship and all of sudden everyone seemed to gain composure in the last five minutes. Great win and well deserved.

INDIANA

Quote from: Shrewdness on July 04, 2010, 06:24:55 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 04, 2010, 01:28:30 PM

Remarkable post there Indiana. Talking about Sligo as if they're guaranteed to be in the last 4 is absolute bullshit. I don't see them as last 4 material.
Congrats to them yesterday, and well though Kelly took his goal, there would be a much different mood on this thread today if Bradshaw didn't have that brainless moment.

Whilst i expect Sligo to beat Ros, to label it as a potential massacre is more bullshit,and a complete lack of respect to Ros.
If you told Kevin Walsh or any of the Sligo players that the final will be a massacre, what do you think their answer would be ::)

1- I meant Sligo will struggle to make the last 4 in my view. Didn't express it well.

2- I think Sligo are miles better then Roscommon. Thats my opinion.

Shrewdness

Fair enough Indiana, your opinion is as valid as anyone else's.

lady gaagaa

personally never much of an O'Hara fan but after seeing the last three games my views have changed.  he showed real heart so far this year and every time we went behind he fought back and got the whole team going again.  he will be a big loss if we don't have him for the final

Shrewdness

There are many lads in that Sligo team who do more than O'Hara, but never get the coverage he does.
I'd have much more time for true Sligo  greats from the recent past such as Paul Taylor, Paul Durkan, Dessie Sloyane to mention just a few.

Barney

Well done Sligo. Personally I didn't think ye could beat both Mayo and Galway in the same year. I still have a sneaky fancy for Ros, don't know why, but logic would be that ye will win it. I suppose the Sligo thing is a bit like Waterford in Munster hurling. Got to a few provincial finals, did ok in the qualifiers, won the provincial final that nobody expected they would and have grown in strength from there. Looks like they will be challenging in Connacht for the next few seasons.

Any sign of Sligonian?

I suppose Galway will have to send Big Joe to NAMA.