Started by Barney, June 06, 2010, 09:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you like to see as Mayo Manager in 2010

James Horan
Tommy Lyons
Anthony McGarry
John Maughan

boosabum

I was making the point (before I deleted my reply) that the man who played the blinder was James horan. I then went on to question how you can speak of manipulation and then imply that the secretary who was not on the panel "played a blinder" which in turns suggests that he manipulated the decision process. I then asked if they was a ballintubber conspiracy.

blast05

Paul Jordan will train them.
Connolly, Prendergast and Nallen as selectors.
Liam Moffatt looking after Dublin based players.

Cosmo Kramer

A good result all round then. Whatever happens now, nobody can come back and say that someone was parachuted in or forced on the team and supporters. The will of the general public wins the day, which is unusual in Mayo football.

Its probably the ideal time for him to come in as well, zero expectation of instant success after this years efforts, so time to rebuild the squad and put a gameplan together. At the same time time plenty of underage talent to bring through and a clubmate of the manager to build the team around in Dillon.

Now we can start to speculate who he'll be taking to NY.  :)
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

western exile

Congratulations to him! I believe it is the correct choice.
Thanks mainly to this discussion board, tonight meeting was like waiting for a new pope such was the excitement!

ildanach

and so the roller coaster ride begins again! good luck james horan..
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

muppet

Best of luck to James and the lads.

Nallen and Jordan will die for the cause (not familiar with the other two). Hopefully the players, supporters and officials all get right behind them from the off.

Edit: I see it is Tom Prendergast who is familiar to me and another good Gaa man.

I'm sure all Mayo people can get on board with those guys.
MWWSI 2017

mannix

Congrats to James Horan,  ever a man for the big day, as was said in 1996. If the reaction on the ground with players is anything like its on this board then he will have no problem getting the full potential from his team, as long as they give it their all we cannot ask for more. Hard luck to McGarry and Lyons.
Come on Mayo

IolarCoisCuain

Best of luck to James Horan. The first League game is in Caisleán a'Bharraigh against Down. It seems fairly mouth-watering now.

moysider

Quote from: boosabum on September 29, 2010, 09:34:45 PM
I was making the point (before I deleted my reply) that the man who played the blinder was James horan. I then went on to question how you can speak of manipulation and then imply that the secretary who was not on the panel "played a blinder" which in turns suggests that he manipulated the decision process. I then asked if they was a ballintubber conspiracy.

No. And I m sure Horan did a great interview.  But James had to have support within as well to turn this around. We know the executive was split from the start and weeks ago I said on here that Horan might benefit from that. I believe that Lyons was dropped when they realised there was a groundswell of opinion against them. Then there is every likelihood that the anti - Lyons faction within the executive were canvassing support from club delegates  last few days while we were talking. Maybe they counted the numbers and relised that they couldn't get Lyons through a vote. Or maybe they all just came to their senses and did the right thing. We ll know when the journalists do their job and sift through it.

Jinxy

Ye are all more than welcome to join the Official Meath manager thread.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ildanach

Quote from: Jinxy on September 29, 2010, 09:46:43 PM
do ye want the interview tape for tommy lyons?
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ildanach

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on September 29, 2010, 09:40:34 PM
Best of luck to James Horan. The first League game is in Caisleán a'Bharraigh against Down. It seems fairly mouth-watering now.
where did you see the fixture list?

moysider

Yawn. Only 6 pages. Where would the likes of me be without intrigue and conspiracy?

muppet

Can we recommend Tommy Lyons?
MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

Quote from: ildanach on September 29, 2010, 09:48:22 PM
do ye want the interview tape for tommy lyons?

Just edit out the arseboxing.
If you were any use you'd be playing.