Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you like to see as Mayo Manager in 2010

James Horan
Tommy Lyons
Anthony McGarry
John Maughan

muppet

Quote from: Rossfan on September 12, 2010, 09:30:28 PM
We're only trying to get ye to the 100 pages so ye're Co Board can pick the Maughtan/Carr nightmare team  ;D

We'd still beat Ros even if we had Bunny Carr managing us.
MWWSI 2017

ross4life

Quote from: muppet on September 12, 2010, 10:39:36 PM
We're only trying to get ye to the 100 pages so ye're Co Board can pick the Maughtan/Carr nightmare team  ;D

Because you believe Mayo would never lose to a Division 4 team? oh wait....
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

muppet

Quote from: ross4life on September 12, 2010, 10:52:24 PM

You are putting words in my mouth, I never said anything like that?

The argument is a obvious. Last year is only last year and then (with a couple of notable exceptions) we have been doing it in Connacht underage for a while now. Why would we fear you, seriously?
MWWSI 2017

ross4life

Quote from: muppet on September 12, 2010, 11:36:32 PM

The argument is a obvious. Last year is only last year and then (with a couple of notable exceptions) we have been doing it in Connacht underage for a while now. Why would we fear you, seriously?

Now your putting words in my mouth, never said anything about fearing us but a bit more respect would be nice! especially when we have more than held our own vs Mayo at underage the last 5 years or so
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

muppet

Quote from: ross4life on September 12, 2010, 11:58:20 PM

Now your putting words in my mouth, never said anything about fearing us but a bit more respect would be nice! especially when we have more than held our own vs Mayo at underage the last 5 years or so

Respect? What do you expect? You're only on this thread to wind people up. When it goes the other way you get indignant.
MWWSI 2017

ross4life

Quote from: muppet on September 13, 2010, 12:25:08 AM
Quote from: ross4life on September 12, 2010, 11:58:20 PM

Respect? What do you expect? You're only on this thread to wind people up. When it goes the other way you get indignant.

Wind up? i think if you read back I'm answering a question from a Mayo follower who asked about Kearney!

Bod Mor

He's only on this thread to get it up to page 100. Good man Ross
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Barney on September 11, 2010, 11:57:04 AM
Especially when LOndon stand in our way next year!

i would not like Lyons but he deserves more respect. He also won a league and Leinster with Awfully and an u21 All Ireland with Dublin.

we could do worse. You cannot judge a manager by their TV analysis

Exactly. Sure wasn't John O'Mahony an awful pundit and sure when it came to management . . . oh, wait now
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

parkoncrokie

Quote from: Hardy on June 07, 2010, 10:35:29 AM
Five star post, Lar.

By the way, forget about expecting Johnno to go. Irish politicians don't resign.
Looks like Enda Kenny wont be putting his name foreward for the mayo job as he will be too busy for the next 10 years getting the country back on its feet according to todays papers. I wonder where will Mayo Football be standing  in 10 years time

Barney

I do think the economic problems are going to make things tough for a lot of counties - as usualthe west seems to suffer more in these types of situations.

ross4life

Micko withdraws Mayo candidacy

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=135343

looks like Limerick or Monaghan is more appealing to the 74 year old?

mannix

i remember reading that kerry was an unemployment blackspot, did not affect the football down there.

IolarCoisCuain

Seán Feeney says the process will be concluded in a fortnight: http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10810:mayo-manager-candidates-set-down-their-plans&catid=14&Itemid=100008

It's like the human-alien birth in the the original V, isn't it? You just don't know what's going to pop out. A regular enough looking sprog with just the forked tongue that you'd hardly notice, or some sort of scaly alien monster that will terrify you for the rest of your life.

Fingers crossed, eh?

Big three set down job plans

Front-runners for Mayo post outline their plans to officials

Mike Finnerty

THE three front-runners to become the next Mayo senior football manager held 'preliminary discussions' with four officers of the Mayo GAA Board last Sunday evening in Castlebar.
John Maughan, James Horan and Tommy Lyons each met with Mayo GAA chairman James Waldron, Sean Feeney (secretary), JP Lambe (treasurer) and Paddy McNicholas (vice-chairman), and outlined their plans for the vacant position.
The Mayo News understands that the trio were asked about the make-up, projected costs and approximate numbers of their proposed backroom teams, in terms of medical support, strength and conditioning, etc.
They also outlined their respective footballing philosophies and attitude to issues such as discipline, challenge games, recruitment of players, and club fixtures.
The sub-committee are expected to meet with the remaining candidates, Anthony McGarry, Denis Kearney and Tommy Carr, later this week. Mick O'Dwyer withdrew from the race to succeed John O'Mahony last weekend.
Speaking to The Mayo News last night, Sean Feeney explained why the sub-committee charged with examining the candidate's plans decided to meet them face-to-face, and not ask them to submit a written document.
"We felt that there would be too much of a delay if written application forms were to be sent in, plus some of the candidates were reluctant to put their plans into writing," he said. "The sub-committee decided that face-to-face meetings would be more suitable.
"They are all serious contenders for the position," added Feeney when asked about his impression of the three managerial hopefuls that had been spoken to on Sunday.
"All of them had done a fair amount of background work but we didn't get down to the real 'nitty-gritty'. That will be done by the selection committee when they formally interview the candidates."
Those interviews are expected to take place next week, after a meeting of the Mayo GAA executive and county board. "The whole process should be concluded within a fortnight," added Sean Feeney.

western exile

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on September 15, 2010, 12:27:34 AM

Mike Finnerty

THE three front-runners to become the next Mayo senior football manager held 'preliminary discussions' with four officers of the Mayo GAA Board last Sunday evening in Castlebar.
John Maughan, James Horan and Tommy Lyons each met with Mayo GAA chairman James Waldron, Sean Feeney (secretary), JP Lambe (treasurer) and Paddy McNicholas (vice-chairman), and outlined their plans for the vacant position.
The Mayo News understands that the trio were asked about the make-up, projected costs and approximate numbers of their proposed backroom teams, in terms of medical support, strength and conditioning, etc.
They also outlined their respective footballing philosophies and attitude to issues such as discipline, challenge games, recruitment of players, and club fixtures.
The sub-committee are expected to meet with the remaining candidates, Anthony McGarry, Denis Kearney and Tommy Carr, later this week. Mick O'Dwyer withdrew from the race to succeed John O'Mahony last weekend.
Speaking to The Mayo News last night, Sean Feeney explained why the sub-committee charged with examining the candidate's plans decided to meet them face-to-face, and not ask them to submit a written document.
"We felt that there would be too much of a delay if written application forms were to be sent in, plus some of the candidates were reluctant to put their plans into writing," he said. "The sub-committee decided that face-to-face meetings would be more suitable.
"They are all serious contenders for the position," added Feeney when asked about his impression of the three managerial hopefuls that had been spoken to on Sunday.
"All of them had done a fair amount of background work but we didn't get down to the real 'nitty-gritty'. That will be done by the selection committee when they formally interview the candidates."
Those interviews are expected to take place next week, after a meeting of the Mayo GAA executive and county board. "The whole process should be concluded within a fortnight," added Sean Feeney.
Could it be that they have a favourite in mind already?  :-\
This whole process brings out the cynic in me  :'(

mannix

WESTERN EXILE,
who would you have in mind?  maughan or horan would be my guess, maughan has been there and knows the score despite not finishing the job.I see Martin Breheny is giving out that we did not take micko, 74 years of age is a big number for travelling that far every second day, or am I imagining it? I travelled a lot for work and hated it, and that was between 50 and 100 miles each way.