Anthony McGarry
John Maughan

criostlinn

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 26, 2010, 12:00:22 PM
Quote from: JMohan on August 26, 2010, 11:53:54 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 26, 2010, 11:50:51 AM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on August 26, 2010, 11:39:04 AM
Why are ye so against Micko?

Its the big county mentality Sligonian, we see ourselves as a big county (rightly or wrongly) and he just doesn't suit our needs. How long is it since Micko got a team farther than we have got 5.5 times ourselves in the last 22 years or twice in the last 5. Mayo doesn't need the promotion that counties like Wicklow needed, in fact that was one area I think Johnno did well, lowering expectations, we don't need Micko building them up among the hysteric masses who turn up on A.I. Quarter Final Day, we only need hysterics and mad expectations when we are entering McHale or Dr.Hyde in the first round to defend our All-Ireland Title.

Fair enough - but it looks to me like you've not many other options - unless you can convince Maughan to return?

Maughan & Forde as dual managers!!!

Forde was selector for Maughan before. Didnt end to well that time so hardly going to happen again

Halfquarter

According to to-day's indo,Micko has got an itch !

Thursday August 26 2010

Mick O'Dwyer has expressed an interest in becoming the new Mayo football manager.

O'Dwyer has been nominated for the Mayo job along with Denis Kearney, John Maughan, James Horan and Anthony McGarry.

"I am getting the itch back now again. I have had other counties on to me as well but told them I wasn't interested at this stage," he said.

The 74-year-old Kerry legend, who has managed his native county, as well as Kildare, laois and Wicklow, has yet to confirm his departure from Wicklow.

moysider

Christ, looks more and more like it could happen. Somebody out there has a few bob to spare by the looks of things.

muppet

Quote from: JMohan on August 26, 2010, 12:14:13 PM
Well joint managers never work IMO - but at least it's an option.
If you don't get one then Micko will be up the road to youse!

You keep trumpeting that we have no one. Everyone mentioned would be a better option for the job imho.
MWWSI 2017

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

If I was him I would come nowhere near Mayo, holy feck its a bastard of a drive to Waterville, not the fancy roads up to Leinster. Mayo fans are worse "animals" than any that can be found in Kerry and he will get an easier time in Galway as they will only notice he is there when they go to their first match of the year the All-Ireland Final.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 26, 2010, 09:09:04 PM
If I was him I would come nowhere near Mayo, holy feck its a b**tard of a drive to Waterville, not the fancy roads up to Leinster. Mayo fans are worse "animals" than any that can be found in Kerry and he will get an easier time in Galway as they will only notice he is there when they go to their first match of the year the All-Ireland Final.

You've high hopes for Galway then it seems!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Peter Solan the Great

If I was him I would come nowhere near Mayo, holy feck its a b**tard of a drive to Waterville, not the fancy roads up to Leinster. Mayo fans are worse "animals" than any that can be found in Kerry and he will get an easier time in Galway as they will only notice he is there when they go to their first match of the year the All-Ireland Final.

Do Galway people wonder why there wasnt an all Ireland final since 2001?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 26, 2010, 09:22:03 PM

You've high hopes for Galway then it seems!

Just building the bastards up  ;)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

moysider

You reckon Micko has been driving to and from Waterville to Kildare, Laois and Wicklow all these years?

muppet

Quote from: moysider on August 26, 2010, 10:08:39 PM

You reckon Micko has been driving to and from Waterville to Kildare, Laois and Wicklow all these years?

I believe he's a bit like Saddam Hussein in that there are lots of Mickos, possibly as many as 7. The Kildare one was there all the time and didn't drive up and down to Kerry. The Kerry one stays out of sight while the Kildare one was in action. The same deal happened in Laois and Wicklow.

We could try this in Mayo except we'd have one Micko for the Seniors, one for the U-21s and one for the minors. The Ladies would need one of course and the top clubs should each get a Micko until they were all used up.

Of course we would only pay for the one Micko.
MWWSI 2017

Hoof Hearted

muppet, didn.t you and Micko go to uni together. Maybe he will bring you into his backroom team
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

western exile

Doesn't he have a house in Kildare?  And didn't his son play for Kildare?  I assume that he travelled to Laois and Wicklow from a Kildare base.
Now up and down the road to Mayo would be a different thing alltogether. I know, as I have done it enough times!

muppet

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on August 26, 2010, 10:35:10 PM
muppet, didn.t you and Micko go to uni together. Maybe he will bring you into his backroom team

That was his Dad.

MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: western exile on August 26, 2010, 10:35:27 PM

Doesn't he have a house in Kildare?  And didn't his son play for Kildare?  I assume that he travelled to Laois and Wicklow from a Kildare base.
Now up and down the road to Mayo would be a different thing alltogether. I know, as I have done it enough times!

Look, if the board want him travel will not be an issue. Not like he ll be driving up and down from Waterville or even Kildare every day. I didn't think any anybody believed that. He s a hotelier and chances are he has an interest in an ould hotel in Galway or Westport or Sligo.

Barney

We knew the CB was out of touch but did we ever think that they would come up with this one? It looks like Micko is the man that they are going to push (even despite internal objections) and they don't care what anybody else thinks. Who is pushing this on the Board I wonder - I heard the Chairman mentioned on radio as saying that contact had been made with Micko and would be followed up. Is it him?

Is there actually any Mayo supporter on this site that would take Micko?

I heard 3 interviews with him yesterday and they were all completely different:

1. I don't know where i'll be next year and sure I haven't left Wicklow.

2. There are great players in Mayo but I'm taking a few weeks off and will then decide what I'm going to do. I might even take a break for a year.

3. I have been contacted by Mayo. The drive from Waterville to Castlebar is too long but not ruling it out.

A man this cute will make mince meat of our CB!!

Whatever we might think of his ability to do the job do we really want a man running the Mayo football team who is whoring himself about while still thinking about going back to the County that he is with. What happens next year? End of the championship we will be in limbo for weeks and there will be no structure to the thing whether we have a successful year or not.

For me I will be making sure I run into my Club Delegate this weekend and telling him what my view is. I think for too long the Clubs have been quiet in our County. We give out about contributions that have to be made to fund various Board projects but we are the people that have the morons there year in year out and unless somebody stands up and says stop we willl continue with the same crap, win a few Connacht titles, lose some embarassing matches, and be shouldered with a debt on the white elephant. With the country the way it is at the moment and emigration from the west to become a bigger problem strong leadership is needed if clubs or to survive and if our county teams are to remain at the level we are used to.

If the Board get over the 6 Sept meeting without any serious objections from delegates they have a free reign and we can get ready for Micko. I guess there will be more journalists than fans at the games if that happens as somebody said above.