Turlough O Carolan

Quote from: Shrewdness on August 24, 2010, 06:12:40 PM
Quote from: REDCOL on August 23, 2010, 05:27:10 PM
Two more names added on Friday - The list now stands at:

Mick O Dwyer
James Horan
Denis Kearney
Anthony Mc Garry

County Board may add other candidates if they feel this list is not up to scratch. It looks like Micko is in the buck seat.

By any chance, would that be the same Denis Kearney who is currently manager of Castlerea St Kevins in Roscommon?

Yes. A Carracastle man.

Shrewdness

Quote from: Turlough O Carolan on August 24, 2010, 06:59:41 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on August 24, 2010, 06:12:40 PM
Quote from: REDCOL on August 23, 2010, 05:27:10 PM
Two more names added on Friday - The list now stands at:

Mick O Dwyer
James Horan
Denis Kearney
Anthony Mc Garry

County Board may add other candidates if they feel this list is not up to scratch. It looks like Micko is in the buck seat.

By any chance, would that be the same Denis Kearney who is currently manager of Castlerea St Kevins in Roscommon?

Yes. A Carracastle man.

If he got the Mayo job, hypothetically speaking, when would he assume control?

Castlerea have a Quarter Final replay in Ros next weekend. They are probably favourites, with St.Brigid's to progress to the County Final.
Should they win the Co.Title, there will then be a Connacht Club campaign to embark on. Who knows where that would finish up.

When do Mayo want the new man in place?

Farrandeelin

Supposedly before the conclusion of the Mayo club championships, to answer your question Shrewdness.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mjg

Quote from: rosnarun on August 24, 2010, 05:43:41 PM
need s to be sorted very soon now or would will begin to fester. if its not too late already
Or else they will be 12000 pages on this

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: mjg on August 24, 2010, 10:05:29 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on August 24, 2010, 05:43:41 PM
need s to be sorted very soon now or would will begin to fester. if its not too late already
Or else they will be 12000 pages on this

Heh heh heh. Nice one mjg. You might be a newbie but you've got the lie of the land sussed.

magpie seanie

I thought mention of Micko was just to wind Mayo people up but it seems some gobshites have actually nominated him. Ye would be better off with O'Mahony staying on and you know what I think of him.

JMohan

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 25, 2010, 11:29:43 AM
I thought mention of Micko was just to wind Mayo people up but it seems some gobshites have actually nominated him. Ye would be better off with O'Mahony staying on and you know what I think of him.
Can't believe it myself!
Is that a reflection on the standard of candidates in Mayo or interested in the Mayo job?

Farrandeelin

I heard on Today FM this morning that Maughan was in with a chance. But yesterday's WP dismissed that. I wonder will there be a third coming of John Maughan?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

IolarCoisCuain

The Western would have no interest in Maughan coming back, given the spectacular and genuinely shameful kicking James Laffey gave him when he was going out the door in 2005. Whatever you thought of Maughan, he didn't deserve that. It takes a special type of coward to kick a man when he's down.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he came back, actually. But God only knows what's going on behind closed doors.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on August 25, 2010, 02:35:00 PM
The Western would have no interest in Maughan coming back, given the spectacular and genuinely shameful kicking James Laffey gave him when he was going out the door in 2005. Whatever you thought of Maughan, he didn't deserve that. It takes a special type of coward to kick a man when he's down.
Wouldn't surprise me at all if he came back, actually. But God only knows what's going on behind closed doors.

aye he is good at that allright
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Mayo4Sam

We could do far worse than Maughan alright.
When are we likely to get a decision on this?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

ross4life

With Micko in the running how are the Mayo board gonna say no to him?...

1.Sorry your to old
2. Sorry your looking for too much expenses
3. Sorry that CV isn't good enough for us
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

REDCOL

Looks like this saga is going to rage on until 6th sep when CB meets. They will look for permission to go outside Horan/Kearney/Mc Garry i.e officially talk to Micko.

Shrewdness

According to local radio in Mayo this morning, John Maughan is one of 5 names in the frame for the Mayo job.
They also stated that one meeting with Micko and Mayo officials has already taken place.

Tubberman

Quote from: REDCOL on August 25, 2010, 05:56:35 PM
Looks like this saga is going to rage on until 6th sep when CB meets. They will look for permission to go outside Horan/Kearney/Mc Garry i.e officially talk to Micko.

FFS >:(
This is beyond a joke. After the shambolic performances this year, it was decided (and agreed by everone in the county I'd imagine) that a root and branch review of football within the county was needed.
There is not a word about the review now, and our pathetic CB are trying to parachute in a 70-something year old man who lives a good 4 hour drive away. It could be called a quick fix, but I don't see what it is going to fix.
A big media circus and 'meet and greet' with plenty of handshakes, hearty laughs and photos in the paper.
Maybe I have it completely wrong, but if this goes ahead, I'll never have been as pessimistic about Mayo football. And that shouldn't be the case given the underage teams we've produced over the past 3-4 years.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."