Good stuff AZ - will give it a better lash this year

heganboy

AZ,
I'm renewed ignore my personal message
PEBKAC...
HB
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Gabriel_Hurl

Is that draft date for the Jerry Rice C Championship set in stone? 12 midnight (your time) on a Saturday night?

AZOffaly

No, I just had to set a date sometime in advance to renew the league.

Gabriel_Hurl

Gotcha - would be fine enough for me on a bank holiday weekend  ;D

AZOffaly

Hi Lads,

I'm sure there will be open spots. Keep an eye in here, or PM me.

OK, this post is going to be complicated, so bear with me.

REGISTER
I am not talking about finalising league membership just yet, because I need to see how many players we have. With that in mind I am setting a deadline of 5pm this Friday, Irish Time. That's 5pm Irish time, Friday August 15th. At that stage you MUST have accepted the invite to return to your existing league. If you do NOT accept by this time, your place in the competition is forfeit, and your spot will be taken by the first man on the list of people looking to join up this year.

NEWCOMERS
After 5pm on Friday, I will send invites to the people who have registered interest, but please PM me to indicate you want to join. I will take a first come, first served approach. If you have PM'ed me already, I will accept that as your entry. If you have not PM'ed me, please do so NOW.

DIVISION MAKEUP
Over the weekend, I will then look at our leagues and their finishing positions last year to determine the entrants in each division. As a rule the bottom 4 get relegated, and the top 4 get promoted. However I have to have one team in each division, and I think I got relegated last year in one of them. (I think). In that case, it will be 3 down and 3 up. Sorry about that, I'd prefer not to be in each division, but I have to be in it to organise it. (Each division is a separate league as far as Yahoo is concerned).

Also, as a rule, newbies are placed in the Jerry Rice 'C' Championship. Therefore if we have gaps in higher divisions, they will be filled by teams currently registered before the newcomers get allocated to C.

DRAFT

We're in week 2 of Pre-Season from Thursday night, so we will have to start getting dates and times for drafts. i will try my best, as I do every year, to accommodate people but it's impossible to please everyone. That said, can you please put down here dates/times that definitely DO NOT suit you, and if I can avoid them I will.

For example, I will not be drafting before 8pm any week night (Irish time), or during Irish work hours. I will not be drafting on Saturday August 30th, because I will be langers above in Dublin at the Penn State - UCF game, etc etc etc.

CURRENT MISSING MEMBERS

From the renewals, the following is the current status. If your name is highlighted in RED you have NOT registered. Obviously the names don't correspond to your userids here, so I'm relying on you to recognise yourself. As I said, you have until Friday at 5 to register.

Joe Montana
Faithful Turfmen B - registered
Smackdown Clowns - registered
Red Hand Helmets - registered
Ballyhaise Bills - registered
Coolera Bears - registered
Oraisteach's Browns - registered
hegan's clowns - registered
New York Jets VII - registered
Dextor Clinkscale IV - NOT REGISTERED
Captain Pats Vikings - NOT REGISTERED

Walter Payton B Championship

Faithful Turfmen - registered
Ruthless Rossies - registered
Galway Bay Tribesmen - registered
Royal Badgers - registered
Big Apple Orchards - registered
Savage Bears - registered
Crossmaglen Hitmen - registered
L'Esprit de Biff - registered
Caught Red Hernandez - NOT REGISTERED
The Curragh Rams - NOT REGISTERED

Jerry Rice C championship   

Faithful Turfmen 'C' - registered
O'Neill's Chargers - registered
Hoboken Celtics - registered
North Antrim Nuggets - registered
Rehab is 4 quitters - registered
Mayo4Sam - registered
Gary ONeill's Team - registered
Fighting Vincents - registered
Bacon Sanger Please - NOT REGISTERED
Antrim Autopicks - NOT REGISTERED
Jolene's Team - NOT REGISTERED
Deelrovers Rad Team - NOT REGISTERED

oakleaflad

Is there money involved in this or is it just for the craic?

AZOffaly

Just for the craic. I was trying to get a perpetual trophy, but it's proving surprisingly difficult.

oakleaflad

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 02, 2014, 11:49:22 AM
Well, well, well. It's July already, and the build up is already on for the 2014/2015 NFL season, and the Superbowl in my old stomping ground, Arizona, next February. (Gifts of travel/tickets gratefully accepted).

As always, this is the time of year that we start organising ourselves into leagues etc for the new season. And as always, I ask a few questions.

1 - Are people happy to stay with the format we have (3 divisions (assuming numbers allow), with promotion/relegation).
2 - Are people happy that I have a team in each division to run the thing?
3 - Are people happy to stay with Yahoo, or do ye want to move to another provider (NFL.COM, CBS Sports, ESPN, Fox, etc etc etc).?
4 - Are people happy with the scoring system, or do they wish to suggest any modifications?
5 - Are people happy with our Roster positions?

Our Rosters are :
QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, K, DEF, DB, DB, DL, LB, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR

Our scoring system last season was :
QuoteOffense   
Passing Yards   50 yards per point; 2 points at 250 yards; 2 points at 300 yards; 5 points at 400 yards   
Passing Touchdowns   4   
Interceptions   -2
Rushing Yards   20 yards per point; 2 points at 100 yards; 2 points at 150 yards; 5 points at 200 yards
Rushing Touchdowns   6   
Receptions   1   
Reception Yards   20 yards per point; 2 points at 100 yards; 2 points at 150 yards; 5 points at 200 yards   
Reception Touchdowns   6   
Return Yards   40 yards per point; 2 points at 100 yards; 2 points at 150 yards; 2 points at 200 yards   
Return Touchdowns   8   
2-Point Conversions   2   
Fumbles Lost   -2   
Offensive Fumble Return TD   6   

Kickers   
Field Goals 0-19 Yards   3   
Field Goals 20-29 Yards   3   
Field Goals 30-39 Yards   3   
Field Goals 40-49 Yards   4   
Field Goals 50+ Yards   5   
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards   -5   
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards   -4   
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards   -2   
Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards   -2   
Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards   -1   
Point After Attempt Made   1   
Point After Attempt Missed   -3   

Defense/Special Teams   
Sack   2
Interception   2   
Fumble Recovery   2   
Touchdown   8
Safety   2
Block Kick   2   
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns   8
Points Allowed 0 points   15
Points Allowed 1-6 points   10
Points Allowed 7-13 points   7
Points Allowed 14-20 points   2
Points Allowed 21-27 points   0   
Points Allowed 28-34 points   -1   
Points Allowed 35+ points   -4   

Individual Defensive Players
Tackle Solo   1   
Sack   4   
Interception   4   
Fumble Force   4   
Fumble Recovery   4   
Defensive Touchdown   6   
Safety   2   
Pass Defended   1   
Block Kick   2   

I will try, again, to get trophies for the winners of the divisions. Especially since this is our 10th, imagine that, running of the league.

Anyway, respond to this thread if you are interested, and if you have answers to the questions above.
I just tried a mock draft on Yahoo and roster positions were QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF and bench.
Are these leagues custom made so that the draft includes QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, K, DEF, DB, DB, DL, LB, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR?

AZOffaly

Yep. Over the years we've tweaked our rosters and scoring systems as people preferred to make it as enjoyable as possible.

mc_grens

Hiya AZ,

I don't think I'll have ye time to properly devote to the league this year, so Caught Red Hernandez would like to withdraw.

However like the Cleveland Browns- I'll be back!

Thanks!

turk

AZ same here - I won't have the time needed this year, apologies.

Thanks