Kerry V Cork

Started by Peter Solan the Great, June 02, 2010, 08:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Don't like seeing a player get banned but Galvin's finger in the gob was dangerous and does deserve a ban. You simply can't do that sort of thing, especially if you get caught as bad as Galvin did.

Ah well, all you Kingdom Gaels can now empathise with your northern brethren in Tymoan in their contempt for the CCCCCCCC! ;)

At the time Mickey Harte was lambasted for his whinging following the Tyrone/Derry farce earlier in the year but his point that it should be an all or nothing system is the only way to go. A citing officer should review all championship games and administer appropriate bans for unseen incidents or a line drawn after each game and no retrospective action taken in any games.   

johnpower

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 15, 2010, 07:29:25 PM
Don't like seeing a player get banned but Galvin's finger in the gob was dangerous and does deserve a ban. You simply can't do that sort of thing, especially if you get caught as bad as Galvin did.

Ah well, all you Kingdom Gaels can now empathise with your northern brethren in Tymoan in their contempt for the CCCCCCCC! ;)

At the time Mickey Harte was lambasted for his whinging following the Tyrone/Derry farce earlier in the year but his point that it should be an all or nothing system is the only way to go. A citing officer should review all championship games and administer appropriate bans for unseen incidents or a line drawn after each game and no retrospective action taken in any games.   

I have to agree . Text power and editorial decissions are a factor .I wonder who will be next ? It does place a lot of pressure on referees or should they not worry and leave it all to Des and co .

Mickeys beard

He was in blatant breach of rules 5.31a and 5.31b:
5.31a Any player executing a single fish-hook manoeuvre shall be banned for eight weeks.
5.31b Assuming the recipient of a single fish-hook manoeuvre weighs more than 3 lbs, appropriate wire trace must be used.

Could have been worse:
5.31c A double eel-hook manoeuvre shall result in a 32 week ban and two weeks community service at the national cracked-lip clinic.
Boil the Drawers!

johnpower

Quote from: Mickeys beard on June 15, 2010, 09:32:57 PM
He was in blatant breach of rules 5.31a and 5.31b:
5.31a Any player executing a single fish-hook manoeuvre shall be banned for eight weeks.
5.31b Assuming the recipient of a single fish-hook manoeuvre weighs more than 3 lbs, appropriate wire trace must be used.

Could have been worse:
5.31c A double eel-hook manoeuvre shall result in a 32 week ban and two weeks community service at the national cracked-lip clinic.

Excellent  ;D

marym

In relation to Tommy Griffin, he was fouling Ciaran Sheehan all day long. In Killarney , he kicked him in the ankles off the ball. Was fouling him a lot in Cork too. At one stage , a guy sitting next to me ,and I was in 2nd row shouted at the linesman about it.
Considering all that, felt Ciaran Sheehan played very well.

Kerry Mike

Galvin deserves a ban for what he did but again the media onslaught since Sunday has been vindictive in particular coming out of Cork, short memories those f**king langers.

And what about all the other incidents in particular Derek Kavanagh, where is his ban. The GAA have again made fools of themselves in their displinary comitties and pandering to the popular media.

At least the most important thing to take out of last weekend is that Cork are beaten again by Kerry and we now have a another cause again for the summer.  Bring it on......... 
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Kerry Mike

QuoteIn relation to Tommy Griffin, he was fouling Ciaran Sheehan all day long. In Killarney , he kicked him in the ankles off the ball. Was fouling him a lot in Cork too. At one stage , a guy sitting next to me ,and I was in 2nd row shouted at the linesman about it. Considering all that, felt Ciaran Sheehan played very well.

Mary you are making a langer out of yourself, its footbal for fecks sake, the Cork team spent the winter boxing in Rylane to toughen up for Kerry this year, and yet the whinging coming out of leeside this week would sicken your hole, it sickens mine anyway.  Do you think Kavanagh deserves a ban too?

As my grandfather and his father before him used to say, "the turf is home, the hay saved and Cork are bate again", happy days in the Kingdom.
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

johnpower

Quote from: marym on June 15, 2010, 09:47:04 PM
In relation to Tommy Griffin, he was fouling Ciaran Sheehan all day long. In Killarney , he kicked him in the ankles off the ball. Was fouling him a lot in Cork too. At one stage , a guy sitting next to me ,and I was in 2nd row shouted at the linesman about it.
Considering all that, felt Ciaran Sheehan played very well.

Ah yes this more of it shouting at the officals terrible terrible

johnpower

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 15, 2010, 01:15:18 PM
If the incident you've highlighted was current or recent, then you'd have a reasonable case -- the climate of tolerance in general, and for repeat offenders in particular, has hardened somewhat dramatically in the last few years.

Regarding the Moynihan incident: if your fingers were being bitten down on would you not be something less than polite in attempting to release the bite? Either way, it's not quite as clear cut as you're making out.

Thats the thing about fingers .Very delicate especially if one puts them in close proximity to teeth

SuperDooperCooper

Galvin was wrong to do what he did but it was no worse than Kavanagh choking the Gooch or Gould punching Darren or indeed Canty going for Galvin when he came on or Canty taking the Gooch out the previous sunday. The problem here is that Galvin did not deserve the red card in the league game, TV pictures clearly showed the hurler went for him. Kerry appealed but the ref report and not video evidence was used. Now he gets a double ban on TV evidence while the Cork sportsmen.... are free to play on.
Regardless of your views on Galvin, he has been singled out by both the CCC & the Sunday Game for special attention; 4 week and a munster final is an appropriate ban, 8 weeks is excessive especially after the unjust league ban - Galvin will have my full support in this appeal. The man does not deserve to miss 16 weeks of the footballing year for these incidents.

marym

Actually I do believe that Derek Kavanagh should get a ban too. It would only be four weeks for him and if Aidan Walsh and  Nicholas Murphy are fit, he wouldn't be missed.
However Galvin will be missed by Kerry.
The Griffin v Sheehan is a different matter. You has a 19 year old v  a guy in his 30s and despite everything Sheehan gave him  a bit of a roasting the 2nd day.

johnpower

Quote from: marym on June 15, 2010, 11:04:26 PM
Actually I do believe that Derek Kavanagh should get a ban too. It would only be four weeks for him and if Aidan Walsh and  Nicholas Murphy are fit, he wouldn't be missed.
However Galvin will be missed by Kerry.
The Griffin v Sheehan is a different matter. You has a 19 year old v  a guy in his 30s and despite everything Sheehan gave him  a bit of a roasting the 2nd day.

I dont want Derek Kavanagh banned .This are passionate affairs which given how often the teams meet have very few incidents . I think Sheehan is a good talent who is only in his first season .He was playing right in front of the umpires who choose not to inform the ref of what you allude to . As for age once you go on the pitch refs are not obliged to check the age difference but are there to enforce the rules aided by the other 6 officals .By the way some of the aimless ball kicked towards Ciaran Sheehan did not help him

Kerry Mike

What has age got to do with anything, for fucks sake you would expect a young lad to run the leg off an auld lad like Griffin, remind us again what Sheehan scored over the 2 games, and this is the great white hope all the Cork hype has been about all spring....... we are shitting ourselves (with laughter)

Galvin will be missed but then again we are also missing Diarmuid Murphy, Darragh O'Se, Tadhg Kennelly, Tommy Walsh, Aidan O' Mahony, Sean OSullivan and Eoin Brosnan from last year,  and Marc O'Se and Tom O'Sullivan played with broken fingers and Galvin was clearly not fit given his injuries and the langers still cant beat us, I am laughing all week. Imagine if we actually played well and did not make so many gifts of easy scores to the langers.....
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football