Kerry V Cork

Started by Peter Solan the Great, June 02, 2010, 08:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Solan the Great

The two best teams in the country play this weekend. there doesnt seem to be much interest. Kerry are playing thye cute hoor again i think with injuries to Galvin and McCarthy i think they'll win this year. They dont to be playing the likes of Antrim, Longford and sligo again. Its very hard to get motivated to play aginst teams like that.

Zulu

Interest is higher than ever in teh two counties from what I can gather and this one could be the game of the championship. By all acccounts Kerry want to win this one badly and Cork have been knocking lumps out of each other in recent training sessions, so I expect a really good game. I think the Cork team is being named tomorrow night and that should give us plenty to talk about.

Kerry Mike

Quotethere doesnt seem to be much interest,

There's great interest but yerra we are shy and dont like talking ourselves up but yerra the Langers are great and will probably bate us and go on and win their 7th All Ireland this year, it would be great for a small footballing county like Cork to finally win something of note, 'cause by f**k they have been talking about it enough for the last 20 years.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

tyrone86

Quote from: Zulu on June 02, 2010, 09:06:27 PM
Interest is higher than ever in teh two counties from what I can gather and this one could be the game of the championship. By all acccounts Kerry want to win this one badly and Cork have been knocking lumps out of each other in recent training sessions, so I expect a really good game. I think the Cork team is being named tomorrow night and that should give us plenty to talk about.

While it is a very real possibility you'll be right, given the fact they're bring the bould Mr. Hughes down from Crossmaglen for it, there's an equal (if not greater) chance that it will quickly degenerate into a ugly, ill tempered game.

Zapatista

Quote from: tyrone86 on June 02, 2010, 11:49:17 PM
While it is a very real possibility you'll be right, given the fact they're bring the bould Mr. Hughes down from Crossmaglen for it, there's an equal (if not greater) chance that it will quickly degenerate into a ugly, ill tempered game.

Love the positivity.

Again Cork are in the place were it makes it easy to motivate Kerry. Kerry love nothing more than knocking Cork off a pedestal.

ONeill

Serious amount of multiple Kerry v Cork games in recent seasons between draws, replays and All-Irelands.

Does it really matter? Whoever loses is likely to progress handily enough through the qualifiers. They'll say it always matters but Cork batin Kerry last year meant fcuk all when yer man from Australia was dancing up on the podium in September.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Surely Sunday is just shadow boxing for the inevitable Croke Park showdown later in the Summer?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Zapatista

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 03, 2010, 12:05:30 AM
Surely Sunday is just shadow boxing for the inevitable Croke Park showdown later in the Summer?

Not if the mighty Dubs or Sligo get at one of them first.

Never beat the deeler

Looking forward to this game. While there will be an element of shadow boxing going on, Kerry will want to reclaim their Munster C'ship while Cork are determined to beat Kerry twice this year (I think they'll probably have to to win the AI).

Hope its not the niggly free-fest that some are expecting, and hopefully the ref gets the handpass rule right - or at least consistent
Hasta la victoria siempre

Billys Boots

I don't think either team are gunning for this one - Cork know by now that this isn't the important fixture of the summer.  Kerry by a bit.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Frank Casey

We've a rake of injuries - Galvin, Star & Mike Mac.

Cork by 5.
KERRY 3:7

magickingdom

Quote from: Zulu on June 02, 2010, 09:06:27 PM

couldnt agree more, killarney will be packed. cant wait for this game as kerry really need to win this one and cork are really good. no dara or tadhg (lucky him ;)) but think it'll be a cracker

Kerry Mike

The Kerry Senior Football Team to play Cork on Sunday 7th June is as follows:

One change fron the Tipp game Paul Galvin did not recover from injury in time but is named in the subs replaced by Darrne O'Sullivan. Decent looking team and as strong as we can be at the time of year. Galvin would have probably been targetted by Noel O'Leary anyway to provoke him so it will be good to put Darren's pace to use against him.

We need an improve dshowing from our full back line and if we can win enough around the middle there are a few forwards there who can score when the mood takes them. Good to see a few new names to freshen up the subs too.

1. Brendan Kealy Kilcummin           
2. Marc Ó Sé An Ghaeltacht                   
3. Tommy Griffin Dingle
4. Tom O' Sullivan Rathmore                         
5. Tomás Ó Sé  An Ghaeltacht 
6. Mike McCarthy Kilcummin
7. Killian Young Renard
8. Seamus Scanlon Currow
9. Micheál Quirke Kerins O'Rahillys 
10. Darran O' Sullivan Glenbeigh /Glencar 
11. Declan O' Sullivan Piarsaigh Na Dromada
12. Donnacha Walsh Cromane
13. Colm Cooper Dr Crokes 
14. Kieran Donaghy Austin Stacks 
15. Bryan Sheehan (Captain)  St. Mary's

The substitutes are:
16 David Hennessey Kerins O'Rahillys 
17. Padraig Reidy Scartaglin 
18 Paul Galvin Finuge 
19. Anthony Maher Duagh
20. Adrian O'Connell St Michael's Foilmore 
21. Kieran O'Leary Dr. Crokes
22. Barry John Keane Kerins O'Rahillys
23. Niall O'Mahony Spa
24. Pat Corridan Finuge
25. David Moran Kerins O'Rahillys
26. Daniel Bohan Austin Stacks
27. Paudge O'Connor Legion
28. Johnny Buckley Dr Crokes
29. Jonathan Lyne Legion
30. James O'Donoghue Legion

AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Kerry Mike

The Langers team...... Some interesting positional changes by the Ball Grabber, am looking forward to a great contest.

1. Alan Quirke
(Valley Rovers)

2. Ray Carey 3. Graham Cantry 4. Jamie O'Sullivan
(Clyda Rovers) (Bantry Blues - Capt) (Bishopstown)

5. Noel O'Leary 6. Michael Shields 7. Paudie Kissane
(Cill na Martra) (St. Finbarr's) (Clyda Rovers)

8. Alan O'Connor 9. Aidan Walsh
(St. Colum's) (Kanturk)

10. Pearse O'Neill 11. Donncha O'Connor 12. Paddy Kelly
(Aghada) (Ballydesmond) (Ballincollig)

13. Daniel Goulding 14. Ciaran Sheehan 15. Paul Kerrigan
(Eire Og) (Eire Og) (Nemo Rangers)

Subs:
16. Paddy O'Shea (St. Vincents)
17. Eoin Cadogan (Douglas)
18. Eoin Cotter (Douglas)
19. Fintan Goold (Macroom)
20. John Hayes (Carbery Rangers)
21. Derek Kavanagh (Nemo Rangers)
22. Fiachra Lynch (Valley Rovers)
23. Kevin McMahon (Carbery Rangers)
24. John Miskella (Ballincollig)
25. Kieran O'Connor (Aghada)
26. Conor O'Driscoll (Ilen Rovers)
27. Paul O'Flynn (Ballyclough)
28. Colm O'Neill (Ballyclough)
29. Brian O'Regan (Nemo Rangers)
30. Ger Spillane (Ballygarvan)
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

marym

Some bench on the Cork team. Walsh and Sheehan are meant to be flying in training. Donaghy also meant to be flying for Kerry.