A petition to deliver to the Israeli Ambassador in Dublin.

Started by Seosamh, June 02, 2010, 12:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seosamh

http://www.fiannafail.ie/page/s/gaza?source=gazapetition&utm_source=fiannafail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=gazapetition

With the situation still unfolding, I wanted to email you about yesterday's Israeli raid on the Gaza-bound humanitarian aid flotilla and the detention of Irish citizens aboard the ships.

I can't express strongly enough my outrage at this action and have set up a petition to deliver to the Israeli Ambassador in Dublin.

Please sign the petition:

http://www.fiannafail.ie/gaza

Attacking aid ships and killing and detaining citizens of other nationalities in neutral waters are horrific acts and I condemn them absolutely.

Please take a moment to sign the petition and join me in condemning Israel's unilateral action, then forward this email to friends and colleagues. I'm determined that Israel understands the strength of feeling about this matter in Ireland.

Yours sincerely,

Chris Andrews TD

eggy bread

Whilst such petitions and outpourings of disgust at what happened should be applauded and supported, the fact is Israeli will not worry too much about international condemnation and continue to do whatever it wants, that's a fact, a sad fact but a fact nonetheless.

Zapatista

This is nothing more than being seen to do something. Andrews is under no illousion as to how useless a petiton will be but knows it makes it look like he is doing something.

Waste of time.

Maybe Cowen should tell the Israelis what we think. He should oversee the return of all Irish involved and then expel the ambassador.

Billys Boots

It might be an interesting development if every country that is opposed to this action formally removed Israeli embassies from their jurisdictions immediately. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

eggy bread

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 02, 2010, 12:40:35 PM
It might be an interesting development if every country that is opposed to this action formally removed Israeli embassies from their jurisdictions immediately.

It would be more than interesting, it would be a miracle.

Billys Boots

Quote from: eggy bread on June 02, 2010, 12:44:05 PM

I just meant that the Israeli government depends heaviliy on their embassies in quenching antipathy towards their actions at home.  I would be interested in seeing how they 'managed' without that weapon in their armoury.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

muppet

We still have diplomatic relations with a State that withholds information regarding decades of abuse of our own citizens. We won't be making a stand.

Even Britain and Australia expelled diplomats in retaliation for the passports debacle. We did nothing.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on June 02, 2010, 04:22:40 PM

We still have diplomatic relations with a State that withholds information regarding decades of abuse of our own citizens. We won't be making a stand.

Even Britain and Australia expelled diplomats in retaliation for the passports debacle. We did nothing.

I think it must be related to the influence of the multinationals in Ireland. why else would Ireland do nothing? Frank aitken would be stunned.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Seosamh on June 02, 2010, 12:04:33 PM
http://www.fiannafail.ie/page/s/gaza?source=gazapetition&utm_source=fiannafail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=gazapetition

With the situation still unfolding, I wanted to email you about yesterday's Israeli raid on the Gaza-bound humanitarian aid flotilla and the detention of Irish citizens aboard the ships.

I can't express strongly enough my outrage at this action and have set up a petition to deliver to the Israeli Ambassador in Dublin.

Please sign the petition:

http://www.fiannafail.ie/gaza

Attacking aid ships and killing and detaining citizens of other nationalities in neutral waters are horrific acts and I condemn them absolutely.

Please take a moment to sign the petition and join me in condemning Israel's unilateral action, then forward this email to friends and colleagues. I'm determined that Israel understands the strength of feeling about this matter in Ireland.

Yours sincerely,

Chris Andrews TD

Is this a joke?
I'm cringing reading that, Irish passports have been stolen, Irish citizens abducted from international waters and held hostage in Israel, the ambassador pulling out of meetings and an Irish ship sailing towards them at the minute and Fianna fail have organised a petition???

That is downright embarrassing and for the love of God can we have a Taoiseach or anyone in Government with a set of balls!!!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

give her dixie

Please copy and paste the following letter, then send it to Michael Martin, the Foreign Affairs Minister in Ireland.

E mail address: micheal.martin@oireachtas.ie

Dear Michael,

I am calling on you to immediatley expel Zion Enroy, the Israeli Ambassador to Ireland.
Less than 40 hours ago, upwards on 20 unarmed humanitarians were executed by Israeli forces in International waters.

5 of the people attacked were Irish citizens.

Tomorrow, 4 Irish citizens, onboard an Irish ship, MV Racael Corrie, will sail to Gaza. If one finger is put on them by the IDF, I will hold you and your Government partly responsible for not taking action sooner.

In the past 40 hours you have failed to outline what you are prepared to do. All I have heard is talk. It all sounds like Blah Blah Blah Blah right now. All talk, and no action.

Action Michael, is what I want. Not fancy words, and hollow threats. The Taoiseach, Brian Cowen, has now joined in with more talk.

Talk is cheap Michael, and that is all you and your Government have been doing in the past few days.

Michael, you FAILED to take action whenever Israel stole 8 Irish passports in their murder of a Palestinian in Dubai. By failing to take action, you put the lives of millions of Irish people worldwide in danger. The UK and Australia expelled Israeli officials, and they would be considered as "Friends" of Israel.

Michael, you and your colleagues recently allowed Israel to become members of the OECD. A fitting reward for stealing passports don't you think?

They showed you their appreciation on Monday morning whenever they attacked not only Irish people, but nearly 800 other unarmed humanitarians in their illegal attacks in International waters.

Michael, the time for talking is over. Step up to the plate and show the world that Ireland has a set of balls, that they can think for themselves, and not do what the US tells them.

Oh, and by the way Michael, do you not think that now would be a good time to BAN the US war planes from refueling in Shannon, considering that they were the ONLY country who didn't condemn Israel for the attacks on the Flotilla, and Irish citizens?

Awaiting your reply
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Ulick

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 02, 2010, 07:10:33 PM
That is downright embarrassing and for the love of God can we have a Taoiseach or anyone in Government with a set of balls!!!

Agreed. I thought Cowan was going to choke just before he issued his "warning" to the Israelis in the Dáil last night. The ambassador and his staff should be put on the first available flight to Dubai or Damascus and let them ask the questions about the forged Irish passports.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Ulick on June 02, 2010, 07:23:15 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 02, 2010, 07:10:33 PM

Agreed. I thought Cowan was going to choke just before he issued his "warning" to the Israelis in the Dáil last night. The ambassador and his staff should be put on the first available flight to Dubai or Damascus and let them ask the questions about the forged Irish passports.

And did ye see Cowen on RTÉ News the day it happened. Lord Jesus, it looked like the TAOISEACH hadn't a bulls notion of what was going on or what to do about it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Zapatista

Has anyone any idea how this data collecting gimmick is doing? Has it ended the blockade yet?

give her dixie

Quote from: Zapatista on June 03, 2010, 12:27:22 PM
Has anyone any idea how this data collecting gimmick is doing? Has it ended the blockade yet?

2 more signatures required, and then Palestine will be free.....................
next stop, September 10, for number 4......