ROSCOMMON v LEITRIM.....CONNACHT SEMI FINAL.

Started by Shrewdness, June 01, 2010, 08:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrewdness

One of these counties stands just 70 minutes away from a cherished Connacht Final appearance.

Who will it be?. Are Roscommon capable of anything better than the crap they have delivered in 2010, or is this as good as they are?

What about Leitrim? Didn't pull up any trees in the league, but they're sure to be out for revenge for last year's loss in Carrick, and are sure to be galvanised as a team by the tragic loss of Philly Mc Guinness.

Rossfan

This is Laythrum's All Ireland and boy will they be up for it.
Big question will we ? or are we capable any more?
Maybe a defeat here might be a blessing in disguise and allow Fergie to clear the decks and throw out an experimental team for the Qualifier(s) ...
Claffey, Brady Domican Ormsby, Bannon McKeague Purcell, Reynolds Donie, now for the hard bit ....K Higgins B Higgins Keenan, McDermott Mannion and Dunning.
Or will Fergie say enough is enough and go back to his wife and kids?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shrewdness

O'Donnell only hung around with the minors for one further year after winning the All Ireland in 2006.

With the way the seniors have performed for him so far, he must be fed up of it all by now. It would be enough to drive a man to drink.

Something tells me that Leitrim will have too much about them against Ros, and right now i fancy them to progress to the Connacht Final before being overwhelmed by Galway or Mayo.

No scoring forwards in Ros, simple as that. Take Shine out, and what's left ???

PadraicHenryPearse

I think its our All-Ireland also. A win and a respectable performance in the CF would be the best us rossies can hope for.

ross4life

Yep a semi final at home with a chance to make a rare final
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Shrewdness

Two weeks to go. When the Sligo/Mayo game was 2 weeks away, there were 18 PAGES on that thread.

This post is the 5'th or 6'th post re this match, on PAGE 1 :o :o

Rossfan

1-  we have our own forum
2- Sure its only Laythrum and Roscommon who cannot compare with the mighty MAYO. That is true as either of us can win the Conancht Championship while Mayo on the other hand ........
This oul game might take on a bit more significance now that the Satans are gone . If Sligo beat Galway and we beat Laythrum then the Hyde won't get the Final as it's Sligo's choice of venue.

Tatler Jack

QuoteIf Sligo beat Galway and we beat Laythrum then the Hyde won't get the Final as it's Sligo's choice of venue.

Castlebar may get a big game after all.

Is its a Sligo/Leitrim final who has home venue - think I remember Slgo playing in Carrick a few years back

Rossfan

I'd imagine the Hyde would be the venue then .

Farrandeelin

Where would a Galway Ros CF be played?
Or a Galway Leitrim? Just wondering, not writing off Sligo's chances one bit at all.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ross4life

Quote from: Rossfan on June 05, 2010, 10:33:55 PM
1-  we have our own forum
2- Sure its only Laythrum and Roscommon who cannot compare with the mighty MAYO. That is true as either of us can win the Conancht Championship while Mayo on the other hand ........
This oul game might take on a bit more significance now that the Satans are gone . If Sligo beat Galway and we beat Laythrum then the Hyde won't get the Final as it's Sligo's choice of venue.

3- the Gaaboard is 90% Tyrone or Mayo Fans

Has Leitrim v Sligo ever been a Connacht final? its a long time since either Galway or Mayo didn't make it
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 06, 2010, 03:19:38 PM
Where would a Galway Ros CF be played?
Or a Galway Leitrim? Just wondering, not writing off Sligo's chances one bit at all.

Hyde Park for Galway v Ross & Galway would be at home v Leitrim

Beard

Would Leitrim not get a neutral venue v Galway in a Connacht final?

The last two they were in were in the Hyde in 1994 and 2000.

For the last Connacht final without Galway or Mayo I think you would need to go back to 1946 or 47 when Roscommon beat Sligo....

ross4life

Yep it's a long time without those two & every time Mayo or Galway have played New York they have gone on to win Connacht

In the final Leitrim would be away to Sligo & at home to Galway so IMO it's gonna be Hyde Park Final unless it's Sligo v Ross then it will likely to be in Castlebar

fearglasmor

After last years embarrassment at the hands of Mayo and this years relegation to Div 4, the best thing Roscommon can do is take an honourable defeat and let Leitrim go forth for the slaughter.  And as I'm now resident in primrose land and involved with the local club, it gives me no pleaseure to say that.