Israel Attack Humanitarian Ship, 10 men killed

Started by give her dixie, May 31, 2010, 03:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulick

Dixie, it's being reported on Al Jazeera that the MV Rachel Corrie is still proceeding toward Gaza - can you confirm?

bcarrier

The use of the word " activist "  on news reports rather than " humanitarian" is pissing me off.

Hedley Lamarr

Israel has been beating the war drums for the past 18 months....just itching to have a go at any of the following.......

Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and in particular Iran, and just lately they attempted to drag Saudi Arabia into the equation.

It suits their agenda to have them against the entire Arab world, and if any attack on Israel happens then they can let loose, full in the knowledge that America will have to back them.

It is very sad that it has taken these deaths to really bring world attention to the treatment of the people of Gaza. 
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

magickingdom

shocking, makes my blood boil that they would do this but not surprising, the laws that apply to the rest of us do not apply to the chosen race. state sponsored murder pure and simple and israel of course will take no responsibility. israel always has to play the zero sum game, there will be no just and equitable middle east solution unless israel is forced into one. may the dead rest in peace..

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on May 31, 2010, 05:56:05 PM
Normally Israel has a keen sense of Realpolitik, this suggests that they have become complacent. They have been particular allies of Turkey, yet they are treating the people on this ship in the same way as Palestinians.

the foreign minister is to the right of Putin and it is the most extremist government in the last 10 years. Even under a lefty government they went to war in 2006 and 2009.

armaghniac

Mind you on researching the matter they actually killed 34 on an US navy ship in the past and that seems to have been forgotten.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

pintsofguinness

The governments are going to do f**k all.

What can the ordinary people do to protest, help etc
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

And now Netanyahu says he 'regrets' the deaths? Like, I'm sorry for burping at dinner tonight. It's time those gung ho Eastern Europeans living in Palestine were brought to book. These fellahs on the ships were journalists, politicians, lawyers, not 'activists'. Anyhow, what does it matter - an illegal attack in international waters, a total act of war. And they think they will get away with it? Well, will they?
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

magpie seanie

Down South - you do no favour to the people who died today with that kind of rubbish talk, in fact you undermine what they stand for. If I was you I'd delete it. We're all angry but lets stick to the facts as best we can.

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

mylestheslasher

Down south . Please remove that post. You are discrediting a very important thread. If u feel strongly on the matter please start another thread

Down South

Post removed. It was not my intention to discredit this thread.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Down South on May 31, 2010, 09:23:54 PM
Post removed. It was not my intention to discredit this thread.

Bloody disgraceful comment...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

pintsofguinness

I deleted my post with it quoted, we shouldnt reduce ourselves to Israel's level or the nazis no matter how angry we are.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

bcarrier