Israel Attack Humanitarian Ship, 10 men killed

Started by give her dixie, May 31, 2010, 03:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

Excellent video of that night, with eye witness statements of what they witnessed.

All aboard. Witnesses of the Mavi Marmara attack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6c0z0NJmx8
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

haveaharp

Quote from: seafoid on May 31, 2013, 02:02:07 PM
Martin Luther King on why his daughter wasn't allowed to go to a whites only

kids park in Atlanta in the 1960s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmIzmUfYB5Y

Segregation at Superland: Separate days for Arab and Jewish students at amusement park

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/segregation-at-superland-separate-days-for-arab-and-jewish-students-at-amusement-park.premium-1.526705#

Jaffa schoolteacher says he encountered policy of segregation at Israeli amusement park when attempting to book tickets for a class trip.

By Ilan Lior | May.30, 2013 | 2:21 AM | 24

A teacher at a Jaffa school accounted encountering a policy of segregation between Arab and Jewish students while attempting to book tickets for his class at the Superland amusement park in Rishon Letzion.

Khaled Shakra, who teaches seventh grade at the Ajial school in Jaffa, called Superland on Tuesday afternoon with the aim of booking tickets for his class to have a fun end- of-term day out. He says that a Superland representative offered him three options: the 17th, 18th and 19th June.

He asked to reserve 25 spaces for his students on the 18th, but was asked to provide the school's details before the reservation could be confirmed.

Shakra says that the moment the representative heard the name Ajial – and realized it was an Arab school – he was suddenly put on hold. Another representative was put on the line who told him that the dates he was interested in were not available.

A few minutes later he called and introduced himself under the name of Eyal, who was enquiring on behalf of a Jewish organization. The Superland representative offered him the same dates that only a moment before had been unavailable.

Following the reports, Justice Minister Tzipi Livni contacted Attorney General Yehuda Weinstein on Tuesday night with a request that he examine whether Superland has discriminated against Arab students. "If these allegations are proved to be correct, then this is a symptom of a sick democracy. Any incident such as this must be severely dealt with," Livni said.

On Wednesday, Shakra posted a letter on his Facebook page that described the sequence of events and his feelings on the matter. "I have experienced another sickening, racist, event and something within me is screaming to be released. Another stain, another wound has today been etched into the depths of my soul, and I am trying, unsuccessfully, to make sense of what has happened. How can I supress my anger and the deep bitterness I am currently feeling?"

He described the moment the Superland representative discovered the name of the school. "She suddenly fell silent and then asked me in confusion: 'what? What is that?' 'Ajial!A-j-i-a-l,' I answered confidentially. I didn't understand if the letter 'j' bothered her or the city of Jaffa bothered her, but I suddenly had the sober realization of what it was that was going through her head. I panicked and stopped abruptly. She responded "just a moment, sir!' And I suddenly heard the hold music. I can't put into words my feelings and thoughts at that exact moment, but for some reason the faces of my students popped into my head."

After waiting on the line for three minutes, Shakra was transferred to another representative who claimed that there were no free spots on June 17th or 18th, and offered that he come on the 19th. "I didn't hesitate, and told her that the 19th wouldn't be a problem. But less than a minute later she said 'I apologize, but we don't have any free spaces on the 19th either." A few minutes later, he called again. "This time I said my name was Eyal, and that I was interested in reserving some tickets for the Jewish organization I work for. 'Eyal? the 17th, 18th and 19th are free, which option would you like?' was the response."

"I ask myself whether the Arab feels he is discriminated against in all walks of life, is pushed to the sidelines politically, socially, culturally and feels, quite rightly, that he is being controlled instead of being included? No, my question is not [intended to be] provocative, but it is a harsh reality, and therefore it raises tough questions and presents complex and difficult problems," he wrote.
He concluded: "Peace between two peoples, between two national movements, and the ability to heal the wounds both sides have incurred after all the wars are the heart's desire of every Arab. My dear students, I apologize in advance! I have no idea what your reactions will be but I really did try. During a whole year I tried to instill you with values. Acceptance of others is first and foremost, but the reality out there says otherwise."

The Ajial school in Jaffa has a middle school and high school for Arabic speaking students. "This is unacceptable, racist segregation," said the school's principal, Jalal Tuhi, on Tuesday night. "This is a special school in terms of its students and teachers. It has a mixed faculty. There are Jewish teachers, and Muslim, Christian and even Druze teachers...this is how we see the future of this country and this city. I asked the teacher not to remain silent about this because we are fed up of this segregation and this racist treatment, full stop. I want my students to know that they need to fight for their rights, and not give up."

In response, Superland's management told the Walla website on Tuesday: "we open our gates to all of Israel and all sectors of the public all year round. Everyone can buy a ticket through the website, or directly through the ticketing office...however, in June we hold closed events for the school year end. The schools dictate which schools will enter the event. There are reservations for closed days held by Jewish schools. There are reservations for closed days held by Arab schools."

Six months ago, a similar incident was reported at the Soho restaurant in Rishon Letzion. Arab citizens who tried to place an order at the restaurant recorded conversations with employees that showed that when the couple tried to order a table under an Arab name they were fobbed off with a variety of excuses. A short while later they succeeded in making the same booking using a Jewish name.

Im quite sure similar has gone on in Ireland if you ring a hotel to book a wedding party with certain familiar "traveller" names.

seafoid

Quote from: haveaharp on May 31, 2013, 02:14:42 PM

Segregation at Superland: Separate days for Arab and Jewish students at amusement park

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/segregation-at-superland-separate-days-for-arab-and-jewish-students-at-amusement-park.premium-1.526705#

Jaffa schoolteacher says he encountered policy of segregation at Israeli amusement park when attempting to book tickets for a class trip.

A teacher at a Jaffa school accounted encountering a policy of segregation between Arab and Jewish students while attempting to book tickets for his class at the Superland amusement park in Rishon Letzion.

Khaled Shakra, who teaches seventh grade at the Ajial school in Jaffa, called Superland on Tuesday afternoon with the aim of booking tickets for his class to have a fun end- of-term day out. He says that a Superland representative offered him three options: the 17th, 18th and 19th June.

He asked to reserve 25 spaces for his students on the 18th, but was asked to provide the school's details before the reservation could be confirmed.

Shakra says that the moment the representative heard the name Ajial – and realized it was an Arab school – he was suddenly put on hold. Another representative was put on the line who told him that the dates he was interested in were not available.

A few minutes later he called and introduced himself under the name of Eyal, who was enquiring on behalf of a Jewish organization. The Superland representative offered him the same dates that only a moment before had been unavailable.

Following the reports, Justice Minister Tzipi Livni contacted Attorney General Yehuda Weinstein on Tuesday night with a request that he examine whether Superland has discriminated against Arab students. "If these allegations are proved to be correct, then this is a symptom of a sick democracy. Any incident such as this must be severely dealt with," Livni said.

On Wednesday, Shakra posted a letter on his Facebook page that described the sequence of events and his feelings on the matter. "I have experienced another sickening, racist, event and something within me is screaming to be released. Another stain, another wound has today been etched into the depths of my soul, and I am trying, unsuccessfully, to make sense of what has happened. How can I supress my anger and the deep bitterness I am currently feeling?"

He described the moment the Superland representative discovered the name of the school. "She suddenly fell silent and then asked me in confusion: 'what? What is that?' 'Ajial!A-j-i-a-l,' I answered confidentially. I didn't understand if the letter 'j' bothered her or the city of Jaffa bothered her, but I suddenly had the sober realization of what it was that was going through her head. I panicked and stopped abruptly. She responded "just a moment, sir!' And I suddenly heard the hold music. I can't put into words my feelings and thoughts at that exact moment, but for some reason the faces of my students popped into my head."

After waiting on the line for three minutes, Shakra was transferred to another representative who claimed that there were no free spots on June 17th or 18th, and offered that he come on the 19th. "I didn't hesitate, and told her that the 19th wouldn't be a problem. But less than a minute later she said 'I apologize, but we don't have any free spaces on the 19th either." A few minutes later, he called again. "This time I said my name was Eyal, and that I was interested in reserving some tickets for the Jewish organization I work for. 'Eyal? the 17th, 18th and 19th are free, which option would you like?' was the response."

"I ask myself whether the Arab feels he is discriminated against in all walks of life, is pushed to the sidelines politically, socially, culturally and feels, quite rightly, that he is being controlled instead of being included? No, my question is not [intended to be] provocative, but it is a harsh reality, and therefore it raises tough questions and presents complex and difficult problems," he wrote.
He concluded: "Peace between two peoples, between two national movements, and the ability to heal the wounds both sides have incurred after all the wars are the heart's desire of every Arab. My dear students, I apologize in advance! I have no idea what your reactions will be but I really did try. During a whole year I tried to instill you with values. Acceptance of others is first and foremost, but the reality out there says otherwise."

The Ajial school in Jaffa has a middle school and high school for Arabic speaking students. "This is unacceptable, racist segregation," said the school's principal, Jalal Tuhi, on Tuesday night. "This is a special school in terms of its students and teachers. It has a mixed faculty. There are Jewish teachers, and Muslim, Christian and even Druze teachers...this is how we see the future of this country and this city. I asked the teacher not to remain silent about this because we are fed up of this segregation and this racist treatment, full stop. I want my students to know that they need to fight for their rights, and not give up."

In response, Superland's management told the Walla website on Tuesday: "we open our gates to all of Israel and all sectors of the public all year round. Everyone can buy a ticket through the website, or directly through the ticketing office...however, in June we hold closed events for the school year end. The schools dictate which schools will enter the event. There are reservations for closed days held by Jewish schools. There are reservations for closed days held by Arab schools."

Six months ago, a similar incident was reported at the Soho restaurant in Rishon Letzion. Arab citizens who tried to place an order at the restaurant recorded conversations with employees that showed that when the couple tried to order a table under an Arab name they were fobbed off with a variety of excuses. A short while later they succeeded in making the same booking using a Jewish name.

Im quite sure similar has gone on in Ireland if you ring a hotel to book a wedding party with certain familiar "traveller" names.
Sure that's grand then. Why were they moaning about apartheid in South Africa? 

haveaharp

Quote from: seafoid on May 31, 2013, 02:17:46 PM
Quote from: haveaharp on May 31, 2013, 02:14:42 PM

Sure that's grand then. Why were they moaning about apartheid in South Africa?

Its far from grand, i am just saying you dont have to travel 2000 miles to find the same attitude albeit in a more magnified state.

Ball DeBeaver

Tell us all again, exactly what humanitarian aid was found onboard Mavi Marmara?

There wasn't one ounce of aid on that ship. It's only cargo was Turkish/international activists intent on confronting Israeli forces. They wanted confrontation and then cried when they got it.
ani ohevet et Yisrael.
אני אוהבת את ישראל

seafoid

Quote from: Ball DeBeaver on May 31, 2013, 05:12:22 PM
Tell us all again, exactly what humanitarian aid was found onboard Mavi Marmara?

There wasn't one ounce of aid on that ship. It's only cargo was Turkish/international activists intent on confronting Israeli forces. They wanted confrontation and then cried when they got it.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/report-israel-egypt-agree-gaza-flotilla-can-unload-cargo-at-el-arish-1.369840

There were wheelchairs. Trashed by Israel
Toys- trashed by Israel
Medicines- dumped by Israel
None of the aid made it to Gaza. 

seafoid

Mohamed al dura and the mavi marmara are Israel's biggest embarrassments of recent years other than being humiliated by the hezb in 06.

Ball DeBeaver

Quote from: seafoid on May 31, 2013, 07:05:19 PM
Mohamed al dura and the mavi marmara are Israel's biggest embarrassments of recent years other than being humiliated by the hezb in 06.
If anyone wants a lesson on how to post the maximum amount of bullshit in a single go, just read over this again.

I really am embarrasssed for you.

Really.
ani ohevet et Yisrael.
אני אוהבת את ישראל

stew

Quote from: muppet on March 23, 2013, 09:44:22 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 23, 2013, 09:21:14 PM
Quote from: Ball DeBeaver on March 23, 2013, 06:53:43 PM
If Israel has to make an apology to improve relations with Turkey, then so be it. Bigger picture.
Israel apologises for executing 9 muslims with shots to the back.of the head. What operayional errors?

Obama made a wee boy of Netanyahu.

It is about time he made an example of of him, a wee boy does no good, punch him in the mouth and tell him to get this situation sorted or all funding will cease and desist immediately.

Would never happen, as usual the Prez is a wordsmith and has the teeth of a gnat.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Obama has probably figured out there is no need to force the lobby. Sit back and watch nature take its course. Israel is fucked. I bought the German language Juedische zeitung today. Big feature in page 11 signed by 700 prominent Jews including Kahnemann asking the diaspora to get Israel to cop on and move away from the precipice. Too late. The settlers are too powerful.

Denn Forever

Documentary on BBC Four "The Law in these parts".
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Lecale2

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on May 31, 2013, 08:32:51 PM
Obama has probably figured out there is no need to force the lobby. Sit back and watch nature take its course. Israel is fucked. I bought the German language Juedische zeitung today. Big feature in page 11 signed by 700 prominent Jews including Kahnemann asking the diaspora to get Israel to cop on and move away from the precipice. Too late. The settlers are too powerful.

Good to know Seafoid is keeping his eye on those "prominent Jews" .... ::)

Mike Sheehy

What is a "prominent jew" anyway ? It's a very strange phrase to use.

seafoid

An absolute farce as the spokeswoman for the US State Dept can't say anything in defence of US policy towards Israel and the peace process 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PyY5swkskxk