Adrian Freeman and Robbie Twomey RIP

Started by RedandGreenSniper, May 29, 2010, 09:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedandGreenSniper

News is filtering throughout Mayo of the death of Mayo hurling star Adrian Freeman. Adrian was killed on Saturday morning in Melbourne on the way to a game, in a car accident. A friend of his from Kerry was also killed.

Adrian was a star hurler, one of the most important players on the Mayo team and was a more than decent footballer too. He hurled with Tooreen and played football with Aghamore. His younger brother Cathal would be well known as a potentially very good footballer, but he is also a gifted hurler.

I'm not sure of Adrian's exact age but he would be 24 or 25 I believe. He probably, like many of us, went to Oz to experience a great lifestyle. It is so tragic to think that his life has ended to prematurely.

Deepest sympathies to his family, friends, team mates and all who knew him. Rest in peace Adrian.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Carbery

Two Irishmen killed in Australian crash
A spokesperson from the Department of Foreign Affairs has confirmed that two Irishmen in their mid-20s have died in a road crash in the Australian state of Victoria.
The victims have been named as Adrian Freeman, from Tooreen in Co Mayo, and Robbie Twomey from Co Kerry.
A spokesperson from the Tooreen Hurling Club has confirmed that Adrian Freeman played for Mayo in last year's National Hurling League, and in the Christy Ring Cup.
Adrian was a member of the Tooreen Hurling Club. He also played football with the Aghamore Football Club.
He went to Australia in October 2009.
The Department is providing consular assistance to the families of the two men.
The collision occurred in Connewarre today at 2.40pm local time (5.40am Irish time).
Early reports suggest that a Volvo car heading towards Barwon Heads crossed over to the wrong side of the road and collided with the Toyota Camry the two Irishmen were travelling in.
Two other men in the Camry were taken to Geelong Hospital with minor injuries.
The driver of the Volvo, a woman in her 60s, was airlifted to the Royal Melbourne in a critical condition.
Investigators are said to be particularly keen to speak to the driver of a red Holden Commodore who overtook the Camry before the crash.
http://www.rte.ie/news/index.html

AbbeySider

westmayo

Tragic news, RIP, my sympathy to his family and to the family of Robbie Twomey also

SLIGONIAN

Very sad news, sincere sympathies to both families and all who knew them.

RIP
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

omagh_gael

RIP Adrian and Robbie.

My cousin was involved in a near fatal road accident in Perth last year, thankfully he survived but will never fully recover. I have seen the impact this has on the family so i will say a prayer for them and hope they stay strong.

Down South

orangeman

5 Sams

Desperate news about the two young fellas....RIP
The Aristocrat Years

Cosmo Kramer

That's terrible, it has been a tragic year for young GAA players. RIP.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

muppet

RIP both men.

Adrian Freeman was very well known in Mayo Gaa circles.

Maybe the title should be edited to include both names?
MWWSI 2017

magpie seanie

My sympathies also to families, friends and all associated. So sad. RIP.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Thoughts with the families, RIP.

The roads again appear to be the biggest danger to our young and most gifted.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Royalranter

Very sad news, Its the second time in a week theres been news like this. My sympathies to the families
Let em know your there