Eurovision Song Contest 2010 (Ireland beat the brits)

Started by ross4life, May 25, 2010, 06:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Has been the butt of many jokes over the years but this contest have produced some good songs, Rock in roll kids, Waterloo, love shine a light etc...

So the 55th Eurovision Song Contest is on this weekend any thoughts?

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Nally Stand

Just one other thought, what else is on?!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Lawrence of Knockbride

I reckon Cyprus will win from what I've heard but not because it's any good, because I think it's the type of shite that's likes whereas the other ones are a different odour of shite. Throw Marty Whelan in and as usual it's likely to be one big steaming pile of shite. Just my opinion of course.

leenie

watched the semi's tonight... love marty's commentating

anyway so far a lot of ballads, no nut jobs yet... (please refrain)..

think niamh will get into final no bother..

finland didn't get through which seemed to be a shocker since its hosted in norway..

maybe it is returning to the good oul days... loved the eurovision in the late 80's / 90's
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: leenie on May 26, 2010, 12:04:05 AM
watched the semi's tonight... love marty's commentating

anyway so far a lot of ballads, no nut jobs yet... (please refrain)..

think niamh will get into final no bother..

finland didn't get through which seemed to be a shocker since its hosted in norway..

maybe it is returning to the good oul days... loved the eurovision in the late 80's / 90's

caught maybe 4 or 5 songs and Finlands was one of them. surprised they didn't get in (my music taste is crap ;D)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

I'd be very surprised if Kavanagh gets to the final. Crap song. Perhaps Eurovisionites from Eastern Europe might give her a vote for nostalgia, but pure dung.

Had a quick flick through all 17 songs for tomorrow and had Niamh 10th so she might scrape it through, an achievement after the last couple of years.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ross4life

The favouries are Azerbaijan & Germany both are terrible songs, at least the Irish song is better than Mickey Joe Harte, Dustin or that brother/sister from Athlone
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Lawrence of Knockbride

I think Kavanagh's song is vintage Eurovision and has a reasonable chance. It's exactly the type of tripe that audiences seem to lap up. Germany's song is one of the favouries? It sounds like an attempt to replicate the popular style of singing in an English accent that Blur and The Streets once did but which a lot of female "artists" are now doing. It's a little strange when it's the German song I'd have thought.

mylestheslasher

I think Ireland should have entered a Death Metal band for the craic, a completely vulgar name would have been great too. Sure the whole competition is a joke and an insult to anyone with an ounce of musical talent. Poor old Marty Whelan has a tough job to keep wit in his commentary and stay patriotic at the same time. A 3 legged half naked cross between a woman and a baboon will probably win as usual.

Ulick

Justin Lee Collins on C5 at the moment with Marty Whelan is quite funny.

ONeill

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on May 26, 2010, 10:26:35 PM
I think Kavanagh's song is vintage Eurovision and has a reasonable chance.

Have you seen it in recent years?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Capt Pat

I liked the Belgian song the most the other night, I think it has a good chance in the final. We don't seem to be at the races any more, I think Niamh will make the final but I woukdn't hold out hope for any more than that.

magpie seanie

Quote from: ONeill on May 26, 2010, 11:27:30 PM

Yeah, I think its the kind of song that would have won it 15 years ago but not now. If she gets to the final it will be a good achievement. It's a better song than what will win it.

Seany

Isn't there a whole 'gay', camp thing round it?  WHat's that about?

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: ONeill on May 26, 2010, 11:27:30 PM

Perhaps I'm out of touch as I usually catch just a bit of it by accident or for as long as I can stomach it. What's the norm now so, other than Lordi of course?