Eurovision Song Contest 2010 (Ireland beat the brits)

Started by ross4life, May 25, 2010, 06:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

I had uk as the worst song and germany next to it,

with the phone voting in now Ireland has next to impossible chance, imagine the german population in belguim, holland, etc.. and vice versa, so no one can really blame them, look at all the soviet states aswell, was suprised georgia gave russia 4pts ,Irish population in uk would get us decent points, but its not really on song quality though now,

Some of ones reading out the votes were unreal, ukraine, swiss chick etc..... i was undecided where to go on holidays(as marty kept harping on about) but a rail tour of europe ;) looks likely. Those French wankers aswell, gave us nothing. Cant wait to see them stuffed in SA.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on May 29, 2010, 11:34:49 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 29, 2010, 11:29:31 PM
Quote from: ross4life on May 29, 2010, 11:25:37 PM
Germany winner was just like something kate Nash or Lily Allen would sing/talk & i can't stand those two

IMO Ireland should enter the Corrs -the fella to give me something worthwhile to look at  ;)

Is that a hyphen or a minus sign Ross?  :D

Haha a big fat minus  :D
Way to out yourself man  :D,

ross4life

other years i had to watch a transsexual win it (linda martin) and Dana international another year
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Take Your Points on May 29, 2010, 11:41:18 PM
Ireland should have gone with your man Justin lee Collins and his Ronan Keating penned song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8n3Zp-wyPk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4xV16jac50
Did you watch the documentary behind collins doing it? He met Ronan and he said before the Ireland result that the hierarchy in RTE told him that Niamh would win, before the telephone vote...no joke... not a bad song though his, he is releasing it a as charity single on may 26th though.

ONeill

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 29, 2010, 11:49:51 PM
Quote from: Take Your Points on May 29, 2010, 11:41:18 PM
Ireland should have gone with your man Justin lee Collins and his Ronan Keating penned song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8n3Zp-wyPk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4xV16jac50
Did you watch the documentary behind collins doing it? He met Ronan and he said before the Ireland result that the hierarchy in RTE told him that Niamh would win, before the telephone vote...no joke... not a bad song though his, he is releasing it a as charity single on may 26th though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV9O-tmL5rM&feature=related
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

magpie seanie

Its a good job our politicians have told us that we are taken seriously at negotiations by our European neighbours cos this voting would be worrying otherwise! A bit like Rafa's 4th plac guarantee - oh wait...

Our entry wasn't brillaint but it wasn't crap either. Not a fan of sour grapes but somewhere around 10th-14th would have been about right. Cyprus was a good song and got similarly pissed on. Nice of Israel to pay for those passports.

The Real Laoislad

The most bitter poster on the board is not a fan of sour grapes :D
Best laugh I've had all night  ;D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mylestheslasher

Poor old Marty, we woz robbed of our win  :D Biased voting cannot be blamed for Ireland coming in so far down the list - the song was crap. Georgia had a similar type ballad song and it was sung by a better singer than Niamh and the song was catchier - it came 10th or so I think. There are 4 million odd in the republic and 100's more in eastern europe, who are we to tell them what flavour of crap euro songs they should like. The best way to win this contest is to come up with something different.

The Real Laoislad

Something different..... Like a turkey hand puppet in a shopping trolley?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

INDIANA

Need to abandon ship on this. Its a waste of time now. Could be worse England weighed out huge money at least we didn't

mylestheslasher

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 30, 2010, 10:26:11 AM
Replace the turkey with a half naked woman and your on the right track

INDIANA

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 30, 2010, 10:43:51 AM

But we haven't the population for the phone voting. Germany has a large population and it was a modern type song. There is no point in us wasting money over this.

Bogball XV

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 29, 2010, 11:36:35 PM

with the phone voting in now Ireland has next to impossible chance, imagine the german population in belguim, holland, etc.. and vice versa, so no one can really blame them, look at all the soviet states aswell, was suprised georgia gave russia 4pts ,Irish population in uk would get us decent points, but its not really on song quality though now,

Some of ones reading out the votes were unreal, ukraine, swiss chick etc..... i was undecided where to go on holidays(as marty kept harping on about) but a rail tour of europe ;) looks likely. Those French w**kers aswell, gave us nothing. Cant wait to see them stuffed in SA.
so how come germany don't win it every year?  There's obviously a fair bit of the auld bias at work, but it could also be that certain styles of music appeal more to certain regions as that's what they're used to, if the song is decent the thinking is that a lot of the bias in voting will even itself out, it'll take a while though as it seems that many of the more recently formed states take great pride in the competition and are not yet disillusioned with the scandals behind telephone voting!!

Georgia giving Russia points was a strange one alright, presumably the phone lines in ossetia are still working to some extent!

INDIANA

Quote from: Bogball XV on May 30, 2010, 10:57:55 AM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 29, 2010, 11:36:35 PM

Some of ones reading out the votes were unreal, ukraine, swiss chick etc..... i was undecided where to go on holidays(as marty kept harping on about) but a rail tour of europe ;) looks likely. Those French w**kers aswell, gave us nothing. Cant wait to see them stuffed in SA.
so how come germany don't win it every year?  There's obviously a fair bit of the auld bias at work, but it could also be that certain styles of music appeal more to certain regions as that's what they're used to, if the song is decent the thinking is that a lot of the bias in voting will even itself out, it'll take a while though as it seems that many of the more recently formed states take great pride in the competition and are not yet disillusioned with the scandals behind telephone voting!!

Georgia giving Russia points was a strange one alright, presumably the phone lines in ossetia are still working to some extent!

Germany was a modern type song. Thats why it did so well. The ould ballad day is over.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 30, 2010, 10:43:51 AM

Can Georgia Salpa sing? ;)