Top 10 lies that women tell men

Started by illdecide, May 25, 2010, 05:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

'Nothing's wrong, I'm fine'
According to the survey, women have a tendency to use lying to conceal their true feelings - whereas men tend to lie more about their drinking habits.

'I don't know where it is, I haven't touched it'
How many times have you tidied up only to find that your partner then can't locate his wallet/bus pass/keys? Truth is, we have moved your possessions lads, but we're not going to admit to it!

'It wasn't that expensive'
We've all done it - blown the budget for that must-have necklace or handbag - and it seems quite a few of us are lying about it too! Saying 'it wasn't that expensive' was the third most popular lie that women tell men.

'I didn't have that much to drink'
Saying 'I didn't have that much to drink' is a lie that both sexes tell each other - but it's the lie that men tell women most whereas us ladies are more likely to lie about our feelings.

'I've got a headache'
Have you ever lied about having a headache to escape a situation you didn't want to be in? Plenty of the women questioned for the survey have - it is the fifth most popular lie that women tell men.

'It was in the sale'
Ah, shopping in the sales - the last refuge of the modern woman. Why we feel the need to lie about it, we're not sure, but it's one of the top 10 lies we tell our other halves on a regular basis.

'I'm on my way'
We've all been there - having spent hours painstakingly applying make-up and choosing the right outfit, vanity has gotten the better of us and we're about to be late for a date with hubby. 'I'm on my way' is the lie we tell to avoid the 'you're always late' argument (or at least stave it off until we arrive!).

'Oh, I've had this ages'
Three of the top 10 lies that women tell men are related to shopping - it seems that we can't get enough of it - but we're not prepared to let our husbands and boyfriends in on our little secret!

'No, I didn't throw it away'
In our experience, men seem to hang on to all sorts of rubbish - anything from tens of empty carrier bags to old socks that just need binning. Women like to give them a 'helping hand' with clearing the rafters every now and then - but we also seem to have a habit of lying about it!

'It's what I've always wanted'
Have you ever received a gift that you despise from someone whose feelings you don't want to hurt so you say that you love it and it's what you've always wanted? Women and men alike admitted to using this lie - it was the tenth most popular in the top 10 for both sexes.

Please feel free to add your own lies...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch