M Penrose, S Cavanagh, C McCullagh.

Down:
B McVeigh,
L Howard, D Gordon, D Rafferty,
A Carr, L Doyle, P Murphy,
J Lynch, A Rogers,
J Fegan, R Murtagh, D Hughes,
J Clarke, R Sexton, B Coulter.

Down heads, apart from Clarke is the team stronger now, especially in defence?

I would say our defence is NOT stronger without  Liam Doyle oe Aiden Carr. Midfield and Forward line are better though even if still has a lot of the same components.

The Down posters are quiet because in all honesty i dont think any of us know what to expect we could as easily win this game as lose it. We need to get a good start, cant afford to let Tyrone have the start they got in omagh in 08. If its half the game we got in newry that night the pundits on RTE will be calling it the game of the season, still cant believe nobody showed that 2008 replay live.

southdown

What sort of attendance is anticipated?  Want to be there for the start of the minor game, trying to plan my journey (traffic,  M1 etc)

I think the fact that there is genuine competition for places under McCartan has reulted in him getting more out of his players.

Any Down men care to predict the lineout?  I can see Maginn playing ahead of either McComiskey of John Clarke

western exile

Maginn must play in half forward line.  This means that there is only room for 2 of  Poland, McComiskey, or J Clarke.   And if Dan Gordan gets  a run at full forward, then only 1 of those 3 will play.  It would be hard on any of them as they all have something different to offer. Genuine competition in the forwards. 

western exile

My guess at the Down team

1. Brendan McVeigh

2   Brendan McArdle   3   Declan Rooney   4   Damian Rafferty

5   Kevin McKernan    6   James Colgan   7   Conor Garvey

8   Ambrose Rodgers   9   Kalum King

10   Conor Maginn    11   Martin Clarke    12     Daniel Hughes

13   Mark Poland   14   Dan Gordon    15       Brendan Coulter

Possibly  Darren O'Hagan  will play at the expense of either Kevin McKernan or Declan Rooney

Catch the high ball

Is Rafferty fit to play or will the game come to early? He is by far our best defender.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Wee Roddy

Gormley was supposed to be flying at Carmen training on Sunday and that was after a session with Tyrone earlier in the day. Right enough the way our boyos are going, flying at that is no big deal.
Harte has his loyalities which may see Gormley start but really the smart money would be on him coming in. He must be out 10 weeks or so and with no competitive game for club or county in that time, it is a risk.

Tyrone Dreamer

Is the team named tomorrow night as usual or are they training tonight instead with it being a Saturday game? I'm guessing its still tomorrow night.

Rois

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on June 16, 2010, 05:28:36 PM
Is the team named tomorrow night as usual or are they training tonight instead with it being a Saturday game? I'm guessing its still tomorrow night.

You're right, they're training tomorrow night, team will be named then.

Minder

How much is it in? Might take a wander up.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gerry

working saturday, so it will be, knocking of early,home,taxi,pub and no doubt a drunking chinese some time later
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

omagh_gael

Quote from: Minder on June 16, 2010, 07:19:29 PM

Last day out it was £13 for terrace and £21 for open seating

Catch the high ball

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 16, 2010, 08:01:57 PM

Some of the seating prices for this match are truly scandalous, I went to the Emirates Stadium last year and my tickets (at face value) were £35. Still that doesn't stop me forking out for the Championship. Can't make it on Saturday, feckin working!
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Catch the high ball on June 16, 2010, 08:14:50 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on June 16, 2010, 08:01:57 PM

Some of the seating prices for this match are truly scandalous, I went to the Emirates Stadium last year and my tickets (at face value) were £35. Still that doesn't stop me forking out for the Championship. Can't make it on Saturday, feckin working!

Suppose £21 isn't to bad then considering the average county only plays 3-4 championship games a year whereas Arsenal will play 50+ games at simiilar prices. At least any money raised by the gaa will go back into investment in the game and not into the pocket of a millionaire. Glad to see u16's getting in free to. Still think the gaa should reduce prices to try and encourage more people to go though.

omagh_gael

I think you're right TD, especially if you stick to the Terrace!

Can't make the match myself due to prior engagement so had to use the opt out option on my season ticket. Very disappointed, haven't missed a game since Dublin QF in 08.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 16, 2010, 08:55:28 PM
I think you're right TD, especially if you stick to the Terrace!

Can't make the match myself due to prior engagement so had to use the opt out option on my season ticket. Very disappointed, haven't missed a game since Dublin QF in 08.

Hopefully it will be a similar performance to that one. Yeah terrace prices arent to bad, think they should have went £20 max for the seats or even £15 and try to get more people in.