Tyrone v Down USFC Semi Final Sat 19th June

Started by Fuzzman, May 25, 2010, 04:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

I think his suggestion of limiting 2 defenders tackling (or surrounding) the forward would be a sensible rule that would be easily enough enforced.

ONeill

Did Benny watch the 2008 and 2005 finals?
Did Benny watch Monaghan score 1-18 against a notoriously tight defence like Armagh's?
Did Benny watch the Cork-Kerry game at the weekend 0-15 a-piece?
Does Benny remember how shite the football was in the 70s and 80s?
Did Benny watch any of the Tyrone-Dublin games from 05-08?
Does Benny remember the Tyrone-Down games of 2008?

Maybe Benny would think differently if he had a few forwards around him with the ability to play inter-county football.
I hope he doesn't turn into another Paddy Doherty.

Maybe Benny should be coaching his fellow players not to feed the ball into a player who might be surrounded by 4-5 players.
Maybe Benny should realise that the days of shite defending are over.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

Ahh poor Benny does fall into that category of teams with 1 or 2 great forwards so he tends to get double marked or have a sweeper play in front of him.
Donegal have Murphy & McFadden
Derry have the humble twins
Armagh have Stevie on his own at the moment but maybe Clarkie at some stage

So a lot of these teams have been used to playing this players as their main target men and score getters for a long time and so their managers are finding it difficult to come up with a plan B or C when they are double tagged.

I think that's why Tyrone's lack of respect for positions means that we tend to see half forwards going to full back and full backs coming up to overlap to get scores much more often.

Still, I must say that when teams with maybe not so much talented forwards tend to play the 13 men behind the ball with strategic fouling in place it does make for a very poor spectacle & I fear we will see a lot more of that this summer.

Banana Man

Lads does anyone know if I could catch the game on TV in a pub somewhere in Brussels next Saturday???

snoopdog

Quote from: Banana Man on June 10, 2010, 04:37:25 PM
Lads does anyone know if I could catch the game on TV in a pub somewhere in Brussels next Saturday???

I dont know about certain pubs in Brussels. but i did read somewhere that there is a channel on sky somewhere that shows the games that RTE show, i think its Europe wide, Not much use to you. I know my Uncle in England watched the last Down game on it.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on June 09, 2010, 11:14:50 PM
Benny is 100 per cent correct.

"Winning an Ulster title for us would be the equivalent of Tyrone winning an All-Ireland title. That's as far as we could maybe get at this early stage. It would be as good as winning an All-Ireland to me."

I think Benny is 100 per cent correct ;D

Catch the high ball

Quote from: snoopdog on June 10, 2010, 06:13:12 PM

I dont know about certain pubs in Brussels. but i did read somewhere that there is a channel on sky somewhere that shows the games that RTE show, i think its Europe wide, Not much use to you. I know my Uncle in England watched the last Down game on it.

That channel is MSK, if you dont have it you can do the following if your on Sky (as Fuzzman kindly informed me)
Services - System setup and add channels.

Freq - 11488
Polar - V
SR    - 27/5
FEC  - 2/3

Find Channels
Highlight MSK & MSK Extra and press Yellow to Strore channels
Then select twice and all should be stored

To find them to watch then again go into Services
Other Channels
Select yer channel

GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Fuzzman

Yeah that should work anywhere in Europe but I doubt you'll get to re-program someone's sky box

I just googled Irish bars and found this one
http://oreillys.nl/brussels/

They say...
o'reilly's brussels offers 2 bars, good food & multiple screens showing all major sporting events. Drop in for breakfast, light lunch or dinner

Also
http://www.irishpubsdirectory.com/Belgium/Brussels/p1.htm

Benny seems to be doing a lot of talking Tyrone up doesn't he
He seems to be a big admirer. I hope he's standing with his hands on his hips Sat week admiring Mugsy & SoN at the other end. He nearly always does something special against us.
Remember in the game in Omagh in 2008 was it where at the start of 2nd half he gave a huge leap and caught a great ball & stuck it over the bar. Ricey looked dumbfounded

take_yer_points

I managed to get to see a game in this bar some time back...

http://www.celticpubs.com/celtweb/Devalerasbxl.html

Fuzzman

So any actual match talk?
Do we expect to see an unchanged team or maybe with Harte starting for Dooher and Block in for Davey or Swifty.
I think Swifty was like Tommy wanted to get a score on his own so as to make it harder for him to be left out the next day
It kinda back fired on him

How many of ye on here are now converted about wee Carlin
I know a lot of people who still think he can do no right and as with Penrose are always waiting for him to mess something up.

Wonder will we see McCullagh any time soon. Was he injured or just not getting a game
He must be a bit pissed off when he was gonna back it all in and then persuaded to come back or was that story not true?

Also was thinking about Hub. If you watch how many times in games he gets into scoring positions. Especially goals. Both midfielders seem to be a great source of scores and Colm scored a very good long range one the last day

tyronefan

Carlin played some great football in 07 against Donegal and was arguably man of the match against Monaghan in the Ulster final. Then for some unknown reason was dropped for the quarter final against Meath.

Banana Man

Thanks for that lads, hopefully get in one of them 2 pubs then, if not I'll just grab their skybox and start reprogramming it  :D

Fear ón Srath Bán

Down with that other thread about this match, started by some Down clown  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

snoopdog

Anyone know the latest on Ambrose, will he start next sat and will Carr be back, surely McComiskey will start on the bench after recent poor performances.

Fuzzman

I think the other thread is for the Hogan stand kids as they're talking about where the manager should stand.

I hope Big Sean has a better match next day out. He still doesn't look himself