Tyrone v Down USFC Semi Final Sat 19th June

Started by Fuzzman, May 25, 2010, 04:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

QuoteWhere would you prefer it to be played UTB?

Casement.  Parking is a bit of a 'mare like most places but everyone is on the road home within 30mins.  Granted Clones is more traditional day out but once you have kids gettin home is all that matters.

Siggy

Yes Clones is a cnut of a place, yes the farmers that charge for the parking are rotten scoundrels, yes the beer in the plastic glasses is shite, but by God I still love the approach to the Creighton hotel and seeing the throngs of supporters there. Clones will always be one of my favourite venues.

Dubh driocht

Quote from: hardstation on June 06, 2010, 09:07:19 PM
Quote from: Dubh driocht on June 06, 2010, 07:56:07 PM
Surprised but happy with this- I thought the idea was that if Monaghan went through, their S/F would have to be away from Clones ( ie Casement) and therefore the Down Tyrone game would be in Clones ? Or is that too logical ?
How in sweet fcuk is that logical?
How can you have Down v Tyrone in Clones and Monaghan v Cavan/Fermanagh in Casement?
Neutral venues- the Monaghan V Cavan/Fermanagh could also be in Brewster(if Cavan win) or Breffni (if Fermanagh win)but , as a number of posters have noted, Casement is getting more games than Clones, which is not the way the Ulster council usually operate

Fuzzman

Even though Clones is nearer to us boyz down here in Dublin I'd much rather the spin up the M1 to Belfast
If yer there good and early parking is fine and there are a few back roads out to the M1 again

Any news of injuries over the weekend? I see Peter Donnelly played well for the Island again.

Gaffer

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 06, 2010, 10:01:57 PM
Even though Clones is nearer to us boyz down here in Dublin I'd much rather the spin up the M1 to Belfast
If yer there good and early parking is fine and there are a few back roads out to the M1 again

Any news of injuries over the weekend? I see Peter Donnelly played well for the Island again.

Peter is not on the Tyrone panel . He left in the middle of last year!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ONeill

Good job.

Then back to the Bowling Club to watch Cameroon v Denmark.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Phillip Jordan's interview in the Gaelic Life made interesting reading. When asked about the newcomers he highlighted Peter Harte and then Coney. They way he put it, I wouldn't be surprised if Harte starts instead of Dooher v Down.

Does Joe McMahon keep tags on Marty Clarke? Justin should be a match for Benny.

under the bar

QuotePeter Donnelly is a strange one. One of the best club players in Tyrone. Pure pish at county level.

Sums Coalisland players up in one sentance!

omagh_gael

Did he specifically say he wouldn't be surprised If he'd start instead of Dooher or that he'd just start O'Neill?

Can see Joe following Martin Clarke alright has the strength and agility to keep a tight eye on him.

Which Down men will pick up SoN and Sean Cavanagh?   

ONeill

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 06, 2010, 11:09:47 PM
Did he specifically say he wouldn't be surprised If he'd start instead of Dooher or that he'd just start O'Neill?

Can see Joe following Martin Clarke alright has the strength and agility to keep a tight eye on him.

Which Down men will pick up SoN and Sean Cavanagh?

I think (going by memory here) Jordan says Harte probably would've started last day out only for a niggle.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: hardstation on June 06, 2010, 11:20:56 PM
Tyrone will win this handy...

The Down ones are being rather shy and subdued about such an outrageous prediction, a bit of reverse-reverse-reverse-reverse-reverse psychology perchance?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

5 Sams

I see the Irish News have a paragraph in their sports pages today saying that the game is THIS Saturday at 5 15pm in Belfast. :-\
The Aristocrat Years

gorm agus bui

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 08, 2010, 01:57:31 PM
Quote from: hardstation on June 06, 2010, 11:20:56 PM
Tyrone will win this handy...

The Down ones are being rather shy and subdued about such an outrageous prediction, a bit of reverse-reverse-reverse-reverse-reverse psychology perchance?
I think it is just he has an irrational dislike of Down so would not call it a prediction

Fíor Gael

Down need a big improvement to have any chance of winning this one. Too many players had below par performances the last day and having watched the video I'm sure wee James and co will see that the excitement of extra time and a sublime performance from coulter has papered over a pretty poor down performance.
Defence played well in patches but Tyrone will tear them apart if they produce anything like the donegal game. need to be tighter, more aggressive and more focused.
Big King had an excellent game up in Ballybofey, grew in confidence as the game went on, he needs to take up where he left off.
Big Dan was quiet, spent a lot of time tracking men and working off the ball, needs to get back to his old self, driving the team forward and forcing men to track back after him. Have a feeling that there's a big game coming from him.
Forwards did reasonably well. Danny Hughes and Benny had superb games. Poland and M Clarke did reasonably well but both can and will play better.
Mc Comisky (sic) and J Clarke seem to have gone off the boil. I'd like to see James freshen thing up here, surely murtagh must be chomping at the bit to get starting and maginn had a strong influence when he came on against donegal. Clarke an mc comisky might do more damage coming in as subs when the game has opened up a bit.
Tyrone aren't as strong as they used to be but are still well ahead of us based on opening games. Here's hoping we can raise the bar