Mayo team pulled from the All Ireland Senior football Championship

Started by Peter Solan the Great, May 24, 2010, 09:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Solan the Great

With the resignation of the manager the county board voted in favour of pulling the senior ladies team from the all Ireland championship. a strange decision the only competition where we are likely to get some silver wear.

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: moysider on May 24, 2010, 09:50:25 PM

The which?

I know we have a lot of bandwagon followers in Mayo but we do have quite a succesful Senior ladies team A.K.A Cora Staunton who will now not be competing in the All Ireland championship because the County Board voted to remove them from the competition.

Orior

Thats great. I hear there were a lot of shirts piling up and needing ironed.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Zulu

Is this a WUM? Mayo are one of the country's top teams, surely they haven't been pulled out of the AI.

ross4life

& there was me thinking they were frightened by little old Sligo  :D
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

moysider

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on May 24, 2010, 09:54:02 PM
Quote from: moysider on May 24, 2010, 09:50:25 PM

The which?

I know we have a lot of bandwagon followers in Mayo but we do have quite a succesful Senior ladies team A.K.A Cora Staunton who will now not be competing in the All Ireland championship because the County Board voted to remove them from the competition.

What s with the bandwagon narkiness? You break a story which beggars belief. There is no detail. Hence 'the which?' Why did the manager resign? What caused the resignation? - though I have a fair idea. And why are the board not appointing a successor? It looks like a baby and bathwater scenario to me.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on May 24, 2010, 10:02:43 PM
& there was me thinking they were frightened by little old Sligo  :D

Who are you calling little old :D

I heard JOM on hearing this has recruited Cora and she is set to start FF, noel mcguire will have his hands full...  :P
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Pangurban

rosnarun

they are not under the power of the county board not the same one as the mens any way
ladies GAA has a separate governing body
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Zapatista

It doesn't clarify matters it only clarifies the position. Who's getting above their station and why? Hopefully they will all go and play comogie now.

I wonder why they didn't use their own website to inform the public? Instead there is an ironic message saying 'sort it out ASAP' :D

http://www.mayogaa.com/

bingobus

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Zapatista on May 25, 2010, 08:20:06 AM
It doesn't clarify matters it only clarifies the position. Who's getting above their station and why? Hopefully they will all go and play comogie now.

I wonder why they didn't use their own website to inform the public? Instead there is an ironic message saying 'sort it out ASAP' :D

http://www.mayogaa.com/

Jeez! I wouldn't leave them loose with hurleys. Some of those ladies seem pretty cross at the moment.
Imagine the damage they'd do if some of that panel started swinging all around them. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi