Beer Cities - Top 6 in the world

Started by muppet, May 24, 2010, 07:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Just back from Portland, microbrewery heaven especially if you love your pale ales and I do...
#newbridgeornowhere

ross4life

Interesting i guess because famous for the beer fest, Prague would have the cheapest of that list? & Dublin the least

Have to agree with the comments Belgium is the top beer country
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

stpauls

Quote from: ross4life on May 24, 2010, 07:53:29 PM
Interesting i guess because famous for the beer fest, Prague would have the cheapest of that list? & Dublin the least

now, you see, everyone says it is just because of the Bierfest, but Munich has at least 7 different breweries within the city limits, and not to mention the micro breweries in the towns on the outskirts of the city!!

tyssam5

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 24, 2010, 07:51:34 PM
Just back from Portland, microbrewery heaven especially if you love your pale ales and I do...

Agree, plenty of tasty and strong beers in the 7% range for <$5. At least 30 breweries in the city.

muppet

Thing is Dublin might qualify wrt pubs, but certainly not for beers (stout excepted).

Don't know much about Belgium but the Czech Republic and Germany have some amazing beer.

The only thing I liked in the States was Sam Adams.
MWWSI 2017

maddog

Bruges is a tourist trap. Antwerp is miles better for the batter.

Hardy

Even Cork has more locally brewed beers than Dublin.

lynchbhoy

this is a skewed result if Dublin is there...
though there are a lot of locally brewed beers, generally outside the capital in counties kildare and meath !!

Dublin obv included as it is a great place to booze, and if that is the precedent, then New york should be on the list - one of the best places on earth to go drinking !

Hardy

One of the best places on earth, full stop.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Hardy on May 25, 2010, 10:03:40 AM

Oh Hardy please, please, please don't tell me you're becoming a Langer!!
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 25, 2010, 11:00:54 AM
Quote from: Hardy on May 25, 2010, 10:03:40 AM

Oh Hardy please, please, please don't tell me you're becoming a Langer!!

There's red and white blood running through his veins and he has a pair of Blood and Bandages pyjamas :D

Hardy

Living in a cage doesn't make you a monkey! I wasn't claiming or according any credit - just pointing out a fact.

I do happen to believe Beamish is the only positive thing Langerland has given the world.

Real men don't wear pyjamas.

Billys Boots

No, no Hardy, that's exactly the sort of thing they use in (supposedly) everyday conversation.  You've been tainted, irreparably I'd imagine.  I can picture you pointing at County Hall as I type.  Oh dear.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Hardy

It's still a lie about the pyjamas.