LIAM HANNAWAY HUNGER STRIKE

Started by funtime frankie, May 24, 2010, 04:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Will someone please think of the children.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

longrunsthefox

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on May 25, 2010, 09:56:05 PM
You are a liar and a gabshite and I will not retract a word of it.  You have harassed me for weeks on this and I have had enough of your shite.

Realspirit you got in just before me...  gobshite Loud-mouthed person who talks a lot, but nothing with any value - as in shite coming out of their gob.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on May 25, 2010, 11:19:05 PM
Whats a Gabshite????
Jaysus, an Armagh man who doesn't know what a gabshite is.  Don't suppose you know what bletherskite means either then?  :D
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Zapatista

Quote from: pebble-dasher on May 25, 2010, 04:13:17 PM
ZAP
The republican prisoners did release a statement saying that there was no threat against liam hannaway and that he would be welcomed on the wing.

I know I just don't think it would be considered over the Prison authorities position in court.

I'm glad he has called off the protest. I hope he can make a full and speedy recover and also that he gets his requests granted.

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 25, 2010, 11:21:29 PM
You are a liar and a gabshite and I will not retract a word of it.  You have harassed me for weeks on this and I have had enough of your shite.

Realspirit you got in just before me...  gobshite Loud-mouthed person who talks a lot, but nothing with any value - as in shite coming out of their gob.

I know what a gobshite is though

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on May 26, 2010, 01:04:20 AM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 25, 2010, 11:21:29 PM

I know what a gobshite is though
http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/voices/atilazed/g.shtml
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

glens abu

Quote from: Down South on May 25, 2010, 02:19:34 PM
You seem very well informed indeed. Is it any wonder that this man is likely to die, in vain, with people like you on the case.
Jesus feckin wept.

there you go he has ended his strike,little thanks to people like you who do nothing only blame others.

Doogie Browser

People like this on hunger strike only serve to besmirch the honour of the previous hunger strikers, this man was never going to follow it through.  A disgrace to the honour of Bobby Sands et al.

Zapatista

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 26, 2010, 09:46:04 AM
People like this on hunger strike only serve to besmirch the honour of the previous hunger strikers, this man was never going to follow it through.  A disgrace to the honour of Booby Sands et al.

That's just madness. Hungerstrike is a common form of protestr. The hope is that no one dies on hungerstrike. It is a tool used to force an issue. Bobby Sands and his comrades were not setting a bench mark for future hungerstrikes. It is a disgrace to his honour to use his death to deter protest.

orangeman

People like this on hunger strike only serve to besmirch the honour of the previous hunger strikers, this man was never going to follow it through.   A disgrace to the honour of Booby Sands et al.

How do you know he wasn't going to follow it through ?

Doogie Browser

Quote from: orangeman on May 26, 2010, 10:17:43 AM
People like this on hunger strike only serve to besmirch the honour of the previous hunger strikers, this man was never going to follow it through.   A disgrace to the honour of Bobby Sands et al.

How do you know he wasn't going to follow it through ?

Just a hunch  ;)

Myles Na G.

People like this on hunger strike only serve to besmirch the honour of the previous hunger strikers, this man was never going to follow it through.  A disgrace to the honour of Booby Sands et al.
Freudian slip, maybe?

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Myles Na G. on May 26, 2010, 10:56:37 AM
Freudian slip, maybe?
In fairness Myles that made me laugh and it shouldn't have really you bastid  ;)

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Zapatista on May 26, 2010, 10:16:05 AM
People like this on hunger strike only serve to besmirch the honour of the previous hunger strikers, this man was never going to follow it through.  A disgrace to the honour of Bobby Sands et al.

That's just madness. Hungerstrike is a common form of protestr. The hope is that no one dies on hungerstrike. It is a tool used to force an issue. Bobby Sands and his comrades were not setting a bench mark for future hungerstrikes. It is a disgrace to his honour to use his death to deter protest.
No its not, its normally a last resort.

Down South

A CROSSMAGLEN man is considering going on Hunger Strike if conditions at Maghaberry Prison don't improve.

Turloch McAllister, who is serving 12 years for making and possessing bombs, says tensions in the jail have reached boiling point as republicans continue to be treated differently from other inmates.

Prisoners at Roe House, the republican wing of Maghaberry, are protesting amidst claims of repeated strip-searching, violence, 23-hour lockdown, reduced visits and some have no functioning toilet facilities in cells.

The protest has been ongoing since Easter and 36-year-old McAllister say they haven't ruled out refusing to eat as options appear "limited".

"I fear things are going to get a lot worse in here," he wrote in a letter to the Democrat.

"WE all know from history where that is going to lead, we are prepared to sort this out sensibly if they meet us halfway but we are also prepared to go all the way."

McAllister's father, former Sinn Fein councillor Jim, visited his son on Wednesday and believes the situation will escalate if it is not addressed immediately.

Asked about his son embarking on a hunger strike, Mr McAllister said: "It's not something I like to think about but it's a worry as the prisoners are under pressure and their options are limited."

A white line picket was organised in Camlough on Friday to "show support and solidarity" for the prisoners.

It fell on the 29th anniversary of the death of Hunger Striker Raymond McCreesh and the irony wasn't lost on organisers.

"Today in 2010 republicans are also being forced to protest for humane conditions and political status," one said.

However, despite the difficulties, Mr McAllister says the prisoners are resilient.

"Turloch has been remarkably strong given all that's going on," he said. "It's a natural human reaction when things are forced on you, it strengthens your resolve and that's what's happening with the prisoners. By demoralising them, it's making them stronger."

Mr McAllister found his son with a bruised face after an alleged beating by the Standby Search Team (SST) within Maghaberry earlier this month.

McAllister has consulted a solicitor about the alleged assault with a view to pursuing legal action against the prison.

The Northern Ireland Inspectorate recommended the disbandment of SSTs in its reports in 2006 and 2009 describing the units as "overly militaristic".

Prisoners are also subject to strip searches on a "too regular" basis, says Mr McAllister.

All 32 republican prisoners housed at Roe House – including McAllister – were involved in a protest at Easter when they barricaded themselves into a dining room for several days.

As a consequence, restrictions have been imposed during which time McAllister's clothing was apparently confiscated and not returned.

"The clothes just seemed to have disappeared. We can't bring clothes into him and the wardens are claiming the records say he has his clothes. It's all psychological torture and it's getting to him," his father said.

A Northern Ireland Prison Service spokesman said any allegation of brutality is "strongly refuted".

"We have a duty of care to all prisoners.

"It is the personal choice of the prisoners whether or not they wish to avail of the regime being offered.

"The withdrawal of goodwill by POA members did lead to a restriction in the regime but this ended early last month."

In relation to searching, NIPS said it has a responsibility to respond to risks posed by the supply of illicit drugs or other contraband within prisons.

"The frequency of full body searching is no greater in Northern Ireland prisons than elsewhere in similar establishments in the UK," said the spokesperson.

"The conditions in Roe House, where republican separated prisoners are located, are amongst the best in the prison estate. However a number of prisoners did smash basins and toilets in their cells on the evening of May 6."

Picket takes protest to streets

REPUBLICANS took to the streets of Camlough on Friday evening in support of prisoners in Maghaberry.

The white line picket took place on the 29th anniversary of Raymond McCreesh's death aged 24 after 61 days on Hunger Strike.

It was described as being organised in conjunction with family and friends of Maghaberry prisoners.

The picket was to highlight the "inhumane conditions" in the prison including strip searches, claims of assaults and criminalisation.

"It is fitting this picket will fall on the 29th anniversary of Raymond McCreesh who, along with his nine brave comrades, paid the supreme sacrifice to achieve better conditions and to smash Thatcher's policy of criminalizing republican POWs," a statement read.

"Today in 2010 republicans are also being forced to protest for inhumane conditions and political conditions."

They are prostesting for inhumane conditions? Only in Camlough  :D