The official 2010/2011 Premier league thread.

Started by stew, May 24, 2010, 05:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Your not the 1st Dinny to pick United in 4th or lower, must consider united last four seasons 3 titles in a row & last season lost the title by 1 point... when was the last time United finished outside the top 3... 20 years ago? 

If united avoid the injuries they got last season they will regain the league & if i were Arsenal fan i would be looking over my shoulder at City,Liverpool & spurs looking to take their Champions league spot

P.S if Torres remains fit (big if) he will be the top goal scorer
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Real Laoislad

1.Chelsea
2.Man City
3.Man U
4.Liverpool
5.Spuds
6.Arsenal
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ross4life on August 14, 2010, 11:22:54 AM
Your not the 1st Dinny to pick United in 4th or lower, must consider united last four seasons 3 titles in a row & last season lost the title by 1 point... when was the last time United finished outside the top 3... 20 years ago? 

If united avoid the injuries they got last season they will regain the league & if i were Arsenal fan i would be looking over my shoulder at City,Liverpool & spurs looking to take their Champions league spot

Take away Fergie and Man U have a very average squad with only a couple of players of a world class standard (Evra and Rooney, I'd include Ferdinand but he's never fit). Fergies gets the absolue maximum from his players, Forlan is one of the few players that has played better after he moved from OT the rest generally fade away. But part of their success was buying the best players in EPL, since they can't afford it anymore, the decline started last season and will continue. Liverpool are just huff and puff, don't have the squad but will have periods where they string together some good results, fancy them to win a cup. Man City will be a force, just need to become a team, as for the Spuds, out of their dept in Europe and will not have the experience to cope with both. Everton could be a surprise package...
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Given on the bench, go Arsene you know it makes sense...
#newbridgeornowhere

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 14, 2010, 12:34:26 PM

Is Joe Hart really that good.  Given was in great form last season, dont understand why there is even discussion about who should be number one.

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 14, 2010, 12:34:26 PM

Hart with 2 good saves early on to deny Spurs. Spurs look lively.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

thewobbler

Anyone wondering about Hart should be watching the game now. He is the real deal and then some on this evidence.

Gareth Bale is going to be player of the year.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: thewobbler on August 14, 2010, 01:21:49 PM
Anyone wondering about Hart should be watching the game now. He is the real deal and then some on this evidence.

I'm always suspect when I hear about English keepers being talked about as the real deal and the next world class keeper.  I have heard the same about Nicky Weaver, Richard Wright, Paul Robinson, Chris Kirkland, Robert Green and Ben Foster.  Not one of them has become the supposed superstar they were being talked about as.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: thewobbler on August 14, 2010, 01:21:49 PM

Well he has miss of the year so far, all left foot too...
#newbridgeornowhere

thewobbler

Galwaybhoy, I watched Hart during the week and again today and two things really stand out about him. One is confidence, which is just amazing. The other is his positioning. He is always in the right place.

I've not seen a lot of him beyond that, but Birmingham's clean sheet record last season would suggest this is one hell of a keeper.

Denn Forever

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 14, 2010, 10:57:31 AM
If Arsenal get a goalie in they'll win it, think Chlesea are entering a transition period and Man U are not the force they were, gone are the days when they use to sign 2 or 3 quality players every year, bigging up an unproven Mexican as a great signing  ???

1. Arsenal
2. Chelsea
3. Man City
4. Man U

Maybe they should target Given. 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

AZOffaly

First cockup of the Season by Robert Green. Goal for Downing, freshly dropped by me in Fantasy. Typical.

Denn Forever

Blackpool 1 up on Wigan.  Just had a second disallowed.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ross4life

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 14, 2010, 11:36:56 AM
Quote from: ross4life on August 14, 2010, 11:22:54 AM

Take away Fergie and Man U have a very average squad with only a couple of players of a world class standard (Evra and Rooney, I'd include Ferdinand but he's never fit). Fergies gets the absolue maximum from his players, Forlan is one of the few players that has played better after he moved from OT the rest generally fade away. But part of their success was buying the best players in EPL, since they can't afford it anymore, the decline started last season and will continue. Liverpool are just huff and puff, don't have the squad but will have periods where they string together some good results, fancy them to win a cup. Man City will be a force, just need to become a team, as for the Spuds, out of their dept in Europe and will not have the experience to cope with both. Everton could be a surprise package...

Just out of interest how many players of a world class standard is on the Arsenal, Chelsea squads?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

This is the God's honest truth but I had a dream last night, and it showed the half times from today's games.

The only ones I could remember this morning was Stoke and it said two something, but was very unclear.

However it also showed clear as day, Wigan 0 Blackpool 3!!

I told the boys at work before I left at 3, and they laughed at me!! What odds would I got on that!!??
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone