The official 2010/2011 Premier league thread.

Started by stew, May 24, 2010, 05:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

So how many games will be called of this weekend?

Sunday, 26 December 2010

Fulham v West Ham, 12:00
Blackburn v Stoke, 15:00
Blackpool v Liverpool, 15:00*
Bolton v West Brom, 15:00
Everton v Birmingham, 15:00
Man Utd v Sunderland, 15:00
Newcastle v Man City, 15:00
Wolverhampton v Wigan, 15:00
Aston Villa v Tottenham, 17:30

Monday, 27 December 2010
Arsenal v Chelsea, 20:00
-------------------------------------------
*No undersoil heating
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

So as we're more or less at the half way stage what has been your the team of the season so far?

For me

Hart (Man City)

Baines (Everton)
Vidic (Man United)
Bale (Spurs)

Cahill (Everton)
Nasri (Arsenal)
Van der Vaart (Spurs)
Nani (Man United)

Carroll (Newcastle)
Tevez (Man City)
Berbatov (Man United)

I think by the end of the season a few Chelsea players will make the team of the season.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Puckoon

You're going to take Gareth Bale and play him on the left in a 3 man defence?

Who is going to be there with Vidic while Baines and Bale are tearing up the field?

If the opposition gets the ball at all yer screwed.

ross4life

Quote from: Puckoon on December 30, 2010, 08:49:47 PM
You're going to take Gareth Bale and play him on the left in a 3 man defence?

Who is going to be there with Vidic while Baines and Bale are tearing up the field?

If the opposition gets the ball at all yer screwed.

Yep it's a bit of attack minded team though i was trying to include the best 11. maybe terry instead of bale?

Puckoon

Personally I'd have to go 4-4-2. Id stick Bale left side of midfield and Nani on the right. Cahill loses out across the middle.

If you want to stick 3 across the back I think none of them can be attacking full backs.

Maybe a 3-4-3 for me would have

Rio Vidic Terry

Nani Nasri Van-Der-Vart Bale

Your front 3 is as good as the league has currently (on form at least).

Archie Mitchell

Vincent Kompany has been the best defender in the Premier League this season.

ross4life

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 30, 2010, 09:14:45 PM
Vincent Kompany has been the best defender in the Premier League this season.

I thought Kompany would be more classed as a defensive midfielder? anyways hard to tell with city as there main tactic is to defend.

Archie Mitchell

He's played centre half all season as City's midfield as been mainly De Jong, Barry and Yaya.

David McKeown

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 27, 2011, 06:15:19 PM
Will Holloway be true to his word?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackpool/9378679.stm

Absolutely disgraceful by the premier league and insulting to players in the 25 man squad who are effectively being told by the league that they are not good enough.  Once again the PL should be ashamed of themselves.

This is for me a completely different scenario than if a team has nothing left to play for at the end of the season or end of a group stage as I think thats when a team could possibly be fined for playing an under strength team
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Denn Forever

Now that EvDS has confirmed his retirement at the end of the season, should Shay Given put in a transfer request?

Can't see him displacing the England goalkeeper and he is too good to be warming the bench.  Has Ferguson ever expressed an opinion on Shay's worth?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ross4life

I wonder how Liverpool fans feel about this? didn't they rest the players for the pool game they won.

Big Puff

Quote from: ross4life on January 27, 2011, 09:17:59 PM

I wonder how Liverpool fans feel about this? didn't they rest the players for the pool game they won.

Cant see Holly doing a runner especially as he is due a whack of Charlies transfer fee!

ross4life

After yesterdays madness in the transfer market it had me thinking how much would Alan Shearer be worth today? & to think some thought 15 million was crazy money back in 1996

Puckoon

3 debutant strikers scoring tonight in the league.

Suarez, Robbie Keane, and Sturridge.