J70

Quote from: stibhan on May 22, 2010, 10:57:04 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 22, 2010, 10:09:54 PM
Quote from: stibhan on May 22, 2010, 09:02:48 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 22, 2010, 08:35:10 PM
Quote from: stibhan on May 22, 2010, 07:32:43 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on May 22, 2010, 07:27:42 PM
And?
His extended family is also more likely to read the Irish News, but that hardly means they shouldn't comment on or cover it.

It's the sins of the son being visited upon the father, that's what I'm saying. The same thing happened with a certain barrister whose son was accused of racially abusing Romanians.

A barrister and his racist son is the equivalent of an IRA bomber and his violently murderous son?

No, they're different, but the principle is the same--the principle being outlined in the first sentence, in case you didn't read it. It's ridiculous to suggest that I am equalling the murder in that way.

But the father in this McGurk case was a wannabe murderer. His son was a successful one. I don't see how his character would be impugned in the same way that the barrister's would by his racist son, unless of course the barrister himself had also had a history of racism.

I'm sorry but I really don't see the comparison between someone fighting in a recognised conflict--however wrong that may be--and someone who was motivated by jealousy to murder someone. It would not, in any case, stand up in court as a comparison.

Whether or not you think the father was justified, it was still an attempt to murder people. My point is that his character and reputation was much less compromised by the association with his son that the barrister's was, unless there is something you're not telling me about this barrister.

Aerlik

Quote from: hardstation on May 23, 2010, 12:17:08 AM
What a stupid link to make.

"His da was in the Ra so he was obviously going to blatter the fcuk out of any girlfriend he broke up with".

Jesus Christ.

Totally agree, Hardstation.  Some of the "reasoning" in this thread might require a few psych sessions for the composers.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: hardstation on May 23, 2010, 12:17:08 AM
What a stupid link to make.

"His da was in the Ra so he was obviously going to blatter the fcuk out of any girlfriend he broke up with".

Jesus Christ.
It's because some people are so determined to have a dig at the IRA they lose all reason and intelligence and almost ignore what this boy done to the poor girl to take a shot at his father. Beyond belief and truly pathetic.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Maguire01

I agree that the father's history has little to do with the actions of the son. However I would expect the link to be reported in the media - it would happen in any case where there is a known family connection, whether that would be to the victim or the alleged perpetrator.

longrunsthefox

I think the link to Tyrone and his father is of interest and if in the public interest the media report it. Though I see no correlation between wat psycho boy did and what the father did in his past, as in one din't cause the other. 

Maguire01

Probably not. And I don't think the media are using that angle - just some on here.

sammymaguire

just a shocking story of a twisted guy commiting a terrible crime no matter what way its explained
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Evil Genius

Homicidal sc**bag father begets homicidal sc**bag son.

Is there a connection?

I don't know.

But they're still a homicidal sc**bag father and a homicidal sc**bag son.

P.S. For all those people (eg Ulick and Donagh) who cannot accept anything written in the Indo as ever having any credibility, perhaps the following might suffice instead:
http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/43771
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: hardstation on May 24, 2010, 12:16:26 AM
Quote from: Evil Genius on May 24, 2010, 12:03:37 AM
Homicidal sc**bag father begets homicidal sc**bag son.

Is there a connection?

I don't know.

P.S. For all those people (eg Ulick and Donagh) who cannot accept anything written in the Indo as ever having any credibility, perhaps the following might suffice instead:
http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/43771
One would need to watch the children of Tony Blair and George W Bush as the sons and daughters of mass murdering scumbags are likely to knife the fcuk out of their ex boyfriend/girlfriend.

Not to mention the sons and daughters of Our Wee Troops.
I wasn't aware that either Blair nor Bush was a Tyrone man (or had killed their ex-girlfriend). But if it should prove to be the case, then a discussion of their case might indeed shed an interesting and relevant light on the McGurks, pere et fils.

Quote from: hardstation on May 24, 2010, 12:16:26 AM
Not to mention the sons and daughters of Our Wee Troops.
Nobody had mentioned them, until you did.

P.S. I am aware that Godwin's Law might deter you from mentioning Adolph You-Know-Who, but do you think the introduction of, say, Stalin or Mao might add anything to the thread? 
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Windmill abu

QuoteHomicidal sc**bag father begets homicidal sc**bag son.

Is there a connection?

I don't know.

I cant understand why you use asterisks to  cover the word scum. I dont think it is either an offensive or unacceptable word.

But if you believe that the actions of the son and the father are inherited. Maybe you could explain Reggie & Ronald Bunting's motivations for their actions.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Evil Genius

Quote from: Windmill abu on May 24, 2010, 12:36:19 AM
QuoteHomicidal sc**bag father begets homicidal sc**bag son.

Is there a connection?

I don't know.

I cant understand why you use asterisks to  cover the word scum. I dont think it is either an offensive or unacceptable word.
I didn't use asterisks when typing "s c u m b a g s" - that's just how it came out. (If you care to reply, you might try including the term in your post and you'll see for yourself)

Quote from: Windmill abu on May 24, 2010, 12:36:19 AM
But if you believe that the actions of the son and the father are inherited. Maybe you could explain Reggie & Ronald Bunting's motivations for their actions.
Read again what I posted and you might deduce that if I cannot say that the actions of McGurk Senior and McGurk Junior are genetically or environmentally connected, then I'm hardly going to be likely to say the same for the Buntings.

But I'm still quite happy to conclude that the Buntings were both s c u m b a g s of the lowest order, asterisks or no.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Windmill abu

QuoteBut I'm still quite happy to conclude that the Buntings were both s c u m b a g s of the lowest order, asterisks or no

Ronald Bunting
Major Ronald Terence Bunting (1924-1984[1]) was a British Army officer and Unionist political figure in Northern Ireland.

Bunting was commissioned into the Armagh and Down Army Cadet Force in May 1946 and resigned in March 1950 when he transferred to the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers as a Lieutenant. He was promoted Captain in 1952 and retired with the honorary rank of Major in 1960.

Bunting's first involvement with politics was as election agent to Republican Labour Party MP Gerry Fitt, although he broke from Fitt and became a close associate of Ian Paisley. In this role Bunting would come to play a leading role in Paisley's campaigns against the Catholic civil rights movement, as well as running unsuccessfully for the Protestant Unionist Party in the Northern Ireland general election of 1969 in Belfast Victoria.

Major Bunting formed his own strong-arm group which he dubbed the Loyal Citizens of Ulster, although in truth the LCU, which existed between 1968 and 1969, was little more than another name for the East Belfast arm of the Ulster Protestant Volunteers.

At the head of this group, Bunting lead the protests against the 1969 Belfast to Derry march organised by the People's Democracy, which resulted in a particularly bloody confrontation at Burntollet. In a fiery court case in 1969 Bunting was sentenced to three months imprisonment along with Paisley for his role in the disturbances.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Bunting

Good of you to acknowledge that his delude sectarian role in defence of the union makes him a scum bag
Never underestimate the power of complaining

quit yo jibbajabba

serious contender for "shit thread of the year?"

a young girl brutally murdered; but dont let that stop yous.....

Evil Genius

Quote from: Windmill abu on May 24, 2010, 01:07:22 AM
QuoteBut I'm still quite happy to conclude that the Buntings were both s c u m b a g s of the lowest order, asterisks or no

Ronald Bunting
Major Ronald Terence Bunting (1924-1984[1]) was a British Army officer and Unionist political figure in Northern Ireland.

Bunting was commissioned into the Armagh and Down Army Cadet Force in May 1946 and resigned in March 1950 when he transferred to the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers as a Lieutenant. He was promoted Captain in 1952 and retired with the honorary rank of Major in 1960.

Bunting's first involvement with politics was as election agent to Republican Labour Party MP Gerry Fitt, although he broke from Fitt and became a close associate of Ian Paisley. In this role Bunting would come to play a leading role in Paisley's campaigns against the Catholic civil rights movement, as well as running unsuccessfully for the Protestant Unionist Party in the Northern Ireland general election of 1969 in Belfast Victoria.

Major Bunting formed his own strong-arm group which he dubbed the Loyal Citizens of Ulster, although in truth the LCU, which existed between 1968 and 1969, was little more than another name for the East Belfast arm of the Ulster Protestant Volunteers.

At the head of this group, Bunting lead the protests against the 1969 Belfast to Derry march organised by the People's Democracy, which resulted in a particularly bloody confrontation at Burntollet. In a fiery court case in 1969 Bunting was sentenced to three months imprisonment along with Paisley for his role in the disturbances.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Bunting

Good of you to acknowledge that his delude sectarian role in defence of the union makes him a scum bag
First you (wilfully?) distorted my original post on the matter ("I dunno etc").
Next you introduced the Buntings, not in order to make a point about genetic disposition to criminality, but as "whataboutery" to deflect when Republicans plan/commit atrocities etc.
Now you put words in my mouth (bold).

If you want to know why I consider Bunting Sr. to be a scum bag, it is not because he defended the Union (even in a "delude sectarian role", whatever that means  ???), any more eg than for his acting as an Election Agent for Gerry Fitt.

Rather, it was because of reasons which you outlined yourself, namely: 

"... became a close associate of Ian Paisley. In this role Bunting would come to play a leading role in Paisley's campaigns against the Catholic civil rights movement, as well as running unsuccessfully for the Protestant Unionist Party in the Northern Ireland general election of 1969 in Belfast Victoria.
Major Bunting formed his own strong-arm group which he dubbed the Loyal Citizens of Ulster, although in truth the LCU, which existed between 1968 and 1969, was little more than another name for the East Belfast arm of the Ulster Protestant Volunteers."
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Nally Stand

This is the first time I've seen this thread and I cannot believe how low some people are stooping. Pathetic attempts to deflect attention from the horrible end this poor woman suffered and instead bitch about the McGurk's father are sickening. It just goes to show that many of those on this board who frequently like to think they are taking the moral highground in being anti-IRA dont give a flying fcuk about morals. A poor woman was brutally murdered and so many pathetic sick creatures on this board only want to in some way connect it to his father having been an IRA Volunteer.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore