Irish News Talks Ulster GAA

Started by Goats Do Shave, May 20, 2010, 10:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

Anyone in the theatre in Armagh last night?

Panel chaired by the lovely Joanne Cantwell, included Benny Tierney, Jody Gormley, Paddy Heaney & Ciaran Whelan.

I thought it was a super discussion, flowed very smoothly, with some humour thrown in, particularly from Benny who was in great form.

thewanderer

dont tell me u went to see that prat paddy heaney ( well i,m sure it was to see joanne and the rest). thank goodness someone has taken him to task in todays irish news over his referees comments.

funtime frankie

There's a misnomer if ever there was one - The Irish News Talks ULSTER GAA

The fact of the matter is that the Irish News does not talk GAA- it only deals with football which is only a component of the GAA

Who on that panel represented hurling?

The Irish News doesn't do GAA. It only does football

thewobbler

I agree Frankie, it should be renamed "The Irish News Talks About Ulster GAA That People Are Interested In"

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: thewanderer on May 20, 2010, 11:08:32 AM
dont tell me u went to see that prat paddy heaney ( well i,m sure it was to see joanne and the rest). thank goodness someone has taken him to task in todays irish news over his referees comments.

I've always liked Paddy's articles, I agree he was over the top with the referee's, however I still kinda understand where he's coming from. In fact it was a bit refreshing. He clarified last night, that it's more to do with those who appoint the referee's, & went on to outline that it's a tick box exercise. If the ref's don't tick the boxes... they don't get chosen for the big games.

Kenny Archer on the other hand... I've stopped reading his.

Funtime Frankie... where'd the fun go? - You have a point, but Football is more popular in Ulster... & gains a bigger audience.

DownFanatic

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on May 20, 2010, 01:10:35 PM

I've always liked Paddy's articles, I agree he was over the top with the referee's, however I still kinda understand where he's coming from. In fact it was a bit refreshing. He clarified last night, that it's more to do with those who appoint the referee's, & went on to outline that it's a tick box exercise. If the ref's don't tick the boxes... they don't get chosen for the big games.

Funtime Frankie... where'd the fun go? - You have a point, but Football is more popular in Ulster... & gains a bigger audience.

The single most boring columnist in the Irish News by a mile. His articles are a bombardment of figures with a bit of opinion inserted at the end. Poor fare.

mackers

So he just regurgitated what Joe Brolly said on the TV then.......
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

funtime frankie

GDS take yer point and I don't have a problem with that. However, I do objective to these fellas masquerading as "GAA"

They're not. They should call it the Irish News talks about Football - at least that's accurate

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: mackers on May 20, 2010, 02:26:00 PM

So he just regurgitated what Joe Brolly said on the TV then.......

Missed that... they are good mates though, so it doesn't surprise me. Met them shopping in IKEA together one day.  :o

Frankie, I'd agree!

thewanderer

goats dont tell me you,ve been drag to IKEA too :D

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: thewanderer on May 20, 2010, 02:53:16 PM
goats dont tell me you,ve been drag to IKEA too :D

Must've been trying to hide from you & Paul Grimley!  ;)