Smoking withdrawal

Started by J OGorman, May 19, 2010, 11:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: stephenite on June 09, 2010, 09:49:15 AM
No offence like,

but to the smug b**tards who're on here telling us that's it's not that hard and that once you really want to do it, it's easy, would ye feck off.

All that tells me, now (in this state) is that it's OK to have one now and sure I'll give them up someday, when I really want to.

It is only easy in hindsight I suppose. I wouldn't look past the next day at the start. But after 4 or 5 days you should be almost over the chemical addiction. The habit is the hard thing to kick.

Do what Mary Harney did, everytime she wanted a fag she just had a cheeseburger. (* note: this may not be even remotely true)
MWWSI 2017

amallon

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

gerrykeegan

Aidan

I smoked  for nearly 20 years and its a f**ker to rid yourself of them. the upside to giving them up is unreal. go at it again
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

stephenite

Day 6 - I'm starting to "feel better"

Have friends around for dinner on Sunday evening, bank holiday weekend, there will be much alcohol consumed, this will be the big test.

Amallon - just start again.

stephenite

Quote from: hardstation on June 10, 2010, 11:31:51 PM
Quote from: stephenite on June 10, 2010, 11:30:05 PM

Have friends around for dinner on Sunday evening, bank holiday weekend, there will be much alcohol consumed, this will be the big test.

Sound advice although he already has.

That comment would work except the theme of the thread is giving it up not taking it up

stephenite

Quote from: hardstation on June 11, 2010, 12:20:17 AM
Quote from: stephenite on June 11, 2010, 12:17:52 AM
Quote from: hardstation on June 10, 2010, 11:31:51 PM
Quote from: stephenite on June 10, 2010, 11:30:05 PM

Sound advice although he already has.

That comment would work except the theme of the thread is giving it up not taking it up
I thought the theme of the thread was stopping, not 'starting again'.

It is

westmayo

well on the way to the end of the second week on the champix, and been off the smokes for two days. In a heap from them. Side effects like mood swings and bouts of dizzyness kicked in when i went on to the larger dose, also a sever lack of energy and along with some minor stomach discomfort for about two and half hours after i take each pill. But have to stick with it

muppet

How are you getting on Stephenite?
MWWSI 2017

stephenite

I cracked on the bank holiday Sunday night and had 3 with a few beers, but only 3 in a fortnight is a huge thing for me, and the fact that I haven't had one since is a big leap also.

redboots

Anyone here still on CHIMPEX, I'm on day eight of them, some small side effects notheing major. Started to read about side affects last night and starting to panic. Have not smoked in seven days.. No cravings nothing......  Just worried about some of the things I have read about coming off these tablets in twelve weeks time etc...
Red Boots

Hardy

Well - are you lads still off them?

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Hardy on September 01, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
Well - are you lads still off them?

How are you getting on with the salt?
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Hardy

No progress at all. Still using it by the fistful. I'll get around to doing something about it in time.