Munster 1st round Cork V Tipp

Started by Reillers, May 16, 2010, 11:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Not a fan of those Cork lads but have to hand it to them on that performance. Savage fire and passion. Fitness and teamwork was incredible. You'd have to take them seriously based on that but have they peaked or will they improve? Massive kick in the nuts for Tipp. This could end up being a great hurling championship.

Carmen Stateside

Cork very impressive all over the field. Look like genuine contenders.  Sean Og has a bit of hurling in him yet!

Zulu

Good win for Cork but a poor match and Tipp were woeful. Will all the boys here who were writing off Cork after one or two poor performances after the 'strike' and telling us that this was proof they were wrong to take action now be back on to say otherwise?

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on May 30, 2010, 06:17:01 PM
Good win for Cork but a poor match and Tipp were woeful. Will all the boys here who were writing off Cork after one or two poor performances after the 'strike' and telling us that this was proof they were wrong to take action now be back on to say otherwise?

Away and catch yourself on.

longrunsthefox

NO

Zulu

Quote from: orangeman on May 30, 2010, 06:21:25 PM

Why? Lots of muppets came on here and claimed that some of Cork's performances post-strike showed that it was the players who were the problem. Donal Og was written off as were many others, yet I bet that none of you will be on here to accept yer comments were idiotic. As it happens I don't think that this performance today justifies anything but I didn't think that any poor performances since the strike proved anything either so I'm just interested in seeing if the Cork bashers will retracted some of their stupid comments in the months post-strike.

I don't want to take this off-topic but some of the comments by some posters when Cork put in a bad performance in the past two years deserve to be highlighted for teh bullshit they were.

As for Cork, they could well win a poor Munster championship now but they still aren't great.

magpie seanie

Zulu - you've contradicted yourself several times there so as someone already said - catch yourself on.

Zulu

Could you point out where I've contradicted myself? I've highlighted teh stupidity of some posters here and I don't think they'll be man enough to accept their stupidity, no contradiction there.

Zulu

Jesus Boycey where do you get 4-5 realistic contenders? I think todays game will have provided Kilkenny with great comfort, Cork worked hard but an awful Tipp performance allied to a better than expected return from O'Halpin in FF doesn't mean Cork are realistic contenders for the AI.

Reillers

Oh why ruin a good night? A smashing dayand a great roujnd of drinks afterwards. Summers here!!1! FUckin unreall!!!!!!

None of ye were exepecting that now was ye..

INDIANA

Quote from: Zulu on May 30, 2010, 06:37:37 PM
Quote from: orangeman on May 30, 2010, 06:21:25 PM

Why? Lots of muppets came on here and claimed that some of Cork's performances post-strike showed that it was the players who were the problem. Donal Og was written off as were many others, yet I bet that none of you will be on here to accept yer comments were idiotic. As it happens I don't think that this performance today justifies anything but I didn't think that any poor performances since the strike proved anything either so I'm just interested in seeing if the Cork bashers will retracted some of their stupid comments in the months post-strike.

I don't want to take this off-topic but some of the comments by some posters when Cork put in a bad performance in the past two years deserve to be highlighted for teh bullshit they were.

As for Cork, they could well win a poor Munster championship now but they still aren't great.

Was the all-ireland won today? Strange I thought it was a first round game. Will someone please put  me in time machine so I can be transported to the first week of september. Was driving down Jones Road today- didn't see any Cork flags.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on May 30, 2010, 07:47:22 PM
Oh why ruin a good night? A smashing dayand a great roujnd of drinks afterwards. Summers here!!1! FUckin unreall!!!!!!

[/b]

I was. I bet you'se at 9/4 !!

Well done Reillers - it was bound to have been a great day out in Pairc Ui Chaoimh.  The atmosphere must have been class.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on May 30, 2010, 08:01:37 PM
Quote from: Reillers on May 30, 2010, 07:47:22 PM

[/b]

I was. I bet you'se at 9/4 !!

Well done Reillers - it was bound to have been a great day out in Pairc Ui Chaoimh.  The atmosphere must have been class.

Aas did I. Haha. But nobdoy thought that we'd win by 10 like. Nice when it all works out. And people want to get rid oif the MUnster Championship. Everyone from 1 to the bench was fantastic. The fire today in their belies. I mean the atmostphere was somethin else sure it twas raining all right but id didn't dampen it one big. One of the best I@ve seen from the boys since the Galway game a few years ago..was at that too. A littl emore relexed near the final while today, but fuckin hell!!

God I love hurling!!!!

Reillers

The 6 backs palyed a blidenr. ANd people worried about Cads and the inexperience of such.

Before hadn teh rumours almost killed us, word on the ground was Kenny and BOC were out before hand but thankfully it went feckin brilliantly for us. Great to hear all the positives about us!!
..For once..been looking for the flying pigs..as it was none so far. Massive day, great round before heading home. Brilliant Munster game!!

They're going to have a massive hard time reigning the hype in now.

INDIANA

The only thing that was shortened today was kilkennys odds of winning the all-ireland. Unbackbale after today.