Muineachán V Ard Mhaca USFC

Started by Main Street, May 16, 2010, 06:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw ball

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 06, 2010, 10:57:34 PM
Anyone know why McManus or Freeman were booked? Wasn't very clear on the TV.

The ref needed to check how to spell their names for the team sheets. ;)

Schkite

Quote from: Take Your Points on June 06, 2010, 10:52:37 PM
Stevie McDonnell was booked for a clear shoulder.

That was ridiculous alright, maybe Damien Freeman was coming up with the ball while he was shouldered but whatever about a free a booking in that case is ridiculous. Wasn't the only one either, does anyone know what McManus was booked for? Seen the game again and he was booked straight after the free he scored, the ref seemed to indicate he was pulling someones jersey?! He wasn't near where the free was won ffs and I don't see why he'd be pulling anyones jersey away from the play.

Kerry Mike

Brilliant result for Monaghan, it a performance I have seen coming for a few years given my vested interest in the Farney over the last decade or so. My outlaws were in good form this afternoon. My Promise/Threat to buy and wear a Monaghan Jersey might come true sooner than I had hoped for  ;)

Banty needs to keep their head now, if they blow it against Fermanagh or worse their neighbours Cavan it will be a huge setback on today's result. There is a Ulster title in them but they need to do it one step at a time.

Well done again.

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ardmhachaabu

Well done Monaghan, hope you go on to win Ulster now
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Armamike

Well done to Monaghan.

Worst championship performance i've seen from Armagh in 30 years. Depressing.  This performance eclipses the Derry game of 95 for ineptitude, and that game led to a major postmortem and rethink of county football in Armagh. What was most disappointing for me was that the players had a chance to redeem a bit of pride after that tepid performance against Monaghan last year, but they produced this.  We were down to 14 for a big part of the game, but it shouldn't have had that level of impact.  Poor at midfield, slow build up from the back and not enough options up front.  Half forwards again playing too deep and not having the mobility, initiative or freedom to get forward enough. Not enough switches made quick enough. Why was Andy Mallon allowed to stay on Freeman the whole game when it was obvious he was getting a hosing?  Why did the management wait to half time to bring on Lavery when it was obvious we couldn't win a ball in midfield from about 10 minutes onwards? Why were the half backs and half forwards not getting up to support the forwards?

Hard to see how the team can regroup after this to make any progress in the qualifiers.  Too many players hid today when we went down to 14, which doesn't bode well.  Paddy O'Rourke has talked a good game all year about letting players express themselves and to go out and give it a lash. We haven't seen much evidence of this in the two championship games they played. Time to bin fcukin sweeper roles and 2 men full forward lines and the rest. At least go out of the championship with a bit of spirit and and having a go, playing with 6 forwards, not 2.  Maybe Clarke will be back and that will be a boost, but that's probably clutching at straws.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Pangurban

Quote from Armamike...Time to bin fcukin sweeper roles and 2 men full forward lines and the rest. At least go out of the championship with a bit of spirit and and having a go, playing with 6 forwards, not 2.

You never said a truer word Armamike, as the teams who dont take this advice on board, will be floundering come August

JUst retired

Schkite, he was booked for jersey pulling in the build up to the free,not the first time he had done it.IMO if a foul had been committed then  the free should not have been awarded, A throw up should have been the result. It would not have altered the result in anyway. Monaghan were good value for their victory. It just adds to the charge sheet of a very poor ref  I hope Monaghan can go on to win Ulster, but much as I hate to say it, Tyrone will be hard to beat.

David McKeown

Talking of the charge sheet of a poor ref I thought Sluddens decision to allow Armaghs last goal kick to be taken by Hearty out of his hands summed up the referees performance perfectly. Absolutely clueless
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Schkite

Quote from: JUst retired on June 07, 2010, 07:01:12 AM
Schkite, he was booked for jersey pulling in the build up to the free,not the first time he had done it.IMO if a foul had been committed then  the free should not have been awarded, A throw up should have been the result. It would not have altered the result in anyway. Monaghan were good value for their victory. It just adds to the charge sheet of a very poor ref  I hope Monaghan can go on to win Ulster, but much as I hate to say it, Tyrone will be hard to beat.

Yeah, that's fair enough, if he did indeed pull someones jersey then why wasn't the ball threw up instead of booking him afterwards? Did he only remember as he was kicking the free? It's that type of thing that just left me and I'd imagine everyone else bewildered at Sludden's performance, he really was shite.

Maguire01

Quote from: charlieTully on June 07, 2010, 09:12:45 AM
Quote from: dodgy umpire on June 06, 2010, 08:09:37 PM
charlie tully, give the keyboard a rest. People might start to associate you with us!
standard stoop reply.
That response says more about you than the person it is aimed at. Keep that crap off the football treads.

maddog

Quote from: Pangurban on June 07, 2010, 01:00:37 AM
Quote from Armamike...Time to bin fcukin sweeper roles and 2 men full forward lines and the rest. At least go out of the championship with a bit of spirit and and having a go, playing with 6 forwards, not 2.

You never said a truer word Armamike, as the teams who dont take this advice on board, will be floundering come August

This is exactly what i was talking to the brother about last night, for f**k sake just pick 6 forwards from the county and give them their chance. What is the point in playing Malachy Mackin in the half forward line ? Is he going to swing over a point or two from 40 yards ? That said i think the game yesterday hinged on the sending off and the ineptitude of that useless bastard with the whistle. Compare some of the challenges in Casement with some of what went on in Killarney. If Sludden was in Killarney there wouldnt have been a man on the field after 20 mins FFS. The game is being ruined, how long before people start turning their backs ?

And well done Monaghan - i hope you go on and lift Ulster now.

naka

from an armagh perspective
management very poor as compared to monaghan who made swift changes
half forward line poor
toner poor
vernon lacks agression as does kernan
clarke ( jamie) excellent prospect and received no protection from ref
defence was poorly set up

why was ronan clarke stripped if he isnt fit
Monaghan were excellent yesterday fair play to them
referee is a disaster waiting to happen--he had an appalling game

maddog

A question for you folks more in the know - why in Ulster is a referee from ulster allowed to ref an Ulster derby match when a derby match in Munster takes a ref down from Armagh ?

passedit

At the game as a neutral yesterday and was about 40 yds from the Mallon incident. I thought he was unlucky but all those around me, including the rabid armawan i was there with, reckoned he was on his way before Sludden consulted his linesman. BTw what was the consultation? I'm going to line this bucko whadya think? Cos he had a better view than the linesman. Was very impressed with the Moniken full forward and while they were good value for the win, the sending off was the crucial moment. I thought Henderson was very unlucky not to start but Clarke more than justified his inclusion and I wonder whether it would be worth Sticking the other Clarke at CHF when he comes back with Vernon and Swift either side because Mackin and Kernan just don't cut the mustard there at all. Kernan is too weak and Mackin hasn't enough football in him. 

ps great shout re fruithill, walked into the whitefort before the game and straight out again as it was packed. Served straight away and got a seat next door.
Don't Panic

mountainboii

Quote from: passedit on June 07, 2010, 09:33:59 AM
At the game as a neutral yesterday and was about 40 yds from the Mallon incident. I thought he was unlucky but all those around me, including the rabid armawan i was there with, reckoned he was on his way before Sludden consulted his linesman. BTw what was the consultation? I'm going to line this bucko whadya think? Cos he had a better view than the linesman.

Why did Sludden need to consult anyone at all? The incident happened on the ball, right at the focus of play. I can understand going to your linesman if something happens off the ball or a bit behind the play. What was Sludden looking at that he needed to ask the linesman what happened? Sums the useless shite up really.