Muineachán V Ard Mhaca USFC

Started by Main Street, May 16, 2010, 06:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Colum O rourke is partially right that was not a foul let alone a red card. That said once the ref blew for the free, if he felt it was an elbow he definitely should not have produced a yellow for the offence. It was the decision that changed the game, in the abscence of the sending off I think it would still have been a tight game.  That said Armagh/s performance both on the pitch and on the line rivaled the referees for ineptitude.

I don't think Armagh will be as poor again this season, at least I hope not as I was looking forward to make a quarter final of something other than Ulster this year
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Sam of the Sarsfields

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 06, 2010, 10:23:12 PM
Of the 3 Sunday Game analysts, 2 said red card and one said yellow regarding the Mallon incident.

Dick got man of the match. Well deserved.

Thats very misleading, they were all in agreement at half-time that it was harsh.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

TacadoirArdMhacha

I can see why he gave a red card. Its one of those things, they happen and t=he fact that they did today in no way mitigates what was the worst Armagh championship I've ever seen.

Just watched the highlights, the manner in which Armagh capitulated and stopped even putting in the most basic of challenges in the final qaurter of the match was appalling.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Schkite

Quote from: Sam of the Sarsfields on June 06, 2010, 10:26:22 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 06, 2010, 10:23:12 PM
Of the 3 Sunday Game analysts, 2 said red card and one said yellow regarding the Mallon incident.

Dick got man of the match. Well deserved.

Thats very misleading, they were all in agreement at half-time that it was harsh.

The 3 analysts on this evenings Sunday Game.

Throw ball

Must agree with Mackers. If Mallon deserved a red the game is in trouble. Most seem to agree that catching Woods high was not deliberate. Mallon made a genuine effort to shoulder him. If players are going to be punished so severely for going for the ball we will end up with a game resembling basketball. In my opinion if a player makes a genuine attempt and it is slightly mistimed he should get a yellow. If it is deliberate or recklessly dangerous it should be red. In my opinion the mistiming was so minute that it could not be considered reckless. However, having viewed some decisions this year (eg McKeevers yellow against Derry - it was definitely for the shoulder before anyone who wants to go on pundit hearsay suggests otherwise) it would seem that the authorities want physical contact reduced. Therefore if the referee wants any other games he probably thinks he has to give a red. It is a pity because I think we would have had a good game if it had have finished 15 v 15. The game is being destroyed. My only gripe is that if this was a red Kernan and Hughes surely could also have seen red?

INDIANA

Quote from: Throw ball on June 06, 2010, 10:35:22 PM
Must agree with Mackers. If Mallon deserved a red the game is in trouble. Most seem to agree that catching Woods high was not deliberate. Mallon made a genuine effort to shoulder him. If players are going to be punished so severely for going for the ball we will end up with a game resembling basketball. In my opinion if a player makes a genuine attempt and it is slightly mistimed he should get a yellow. If it is deliberate or recklessly dangerous it should be red. In my opinion the mistiming was so minute that it could not be considered reckless. However, having viewed some decisions this year (eg McKeevers yellow against Derry - it was definitely for the shoulder before anyone who wants to go on pundit hearsay suggests otherwise) it would seem that the authorities want physical contact reduced. Therefore if the referee wants any other games he probably thinks he has to give a red. It is a pity because I think we would have had a good game if it had have finished 15 v 15. The game is being destroyed. My only gripe is that if this was a red Kernan and Hughes surely could also have seen red?

You can't use your elbow. If you do its a red card. I've had my my jaw rewired from similar incidents and its no fun sucking through a straw for 6 weeks. Mallon was high and late. End of story.

ONeill

Monaghan should be too good for whoever emerges from Cavan or Fermanagh and make the Ulster final. Monaghan v Down would see the Farney favourites and I'd fancy them to overpower Down and few teams will want to draw them in the All-Ireland quarters. Tyrone v Monaghan offers them a chance to avenge 2007. Exciting times for the Farney folk.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Maguire01

The Hughes and Kernan tacked were neither high nor dangerous. I think that's an important difference.

Throw ball

Quote from: BroJolly on June 06, 2010, 08:14:07 PM
Really gutted after today. Fair play to Monaghan they probably would have went on to win but the sending off was a massive aid. Brian Mallon had been influential in setting up 2 or 3 scores before being sent off.

I don't think anyone (well not me anyway) is thinking if only we had Grimley. He made his decision and things move on. Have been to every Armagh game this year and with the esceptionof today and Marshes they have played really well. We'll see where qualifiers take us

Have been to all but one McKenna Cup game this year and would agree with this. My only problem is that in the games Armagh have lost players we have completely lost our way. This needs to be sorted. A common denominator in our two worst performances has also been the referee. He seems to be a bad omen!

Would have liked to have seen all the subs used today also. In a match like today we would see what they are made of. From half back to half forward I thought only Duffy and Lavery showed any leadership. What we need is to find some leaders. We are not as bad as we looked today and Monaghan are not as good. Still hope they win Ulster.

Throw ball

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 06, 2010, 10:41:37 PM
The Hughes and Kernan tacked were neither high nor dangerous. I think that's an important difference.

Have not yet seen replays of these and am only going on what I saw in real time. Only mentioned Hughes because he is related to the wife and deserves a bit of stick!

Armaghtothebone

]

Have been to all but one McKenna Cup game this year and would agree with this. My only problem is that in the games Armagh have lost players we have completely lost our way. This needs to be sorted. A common denominator in our two worst performances has also been the referee. He seems to be a bad omen!

Really wish they took bets on wheteher a team would have a man sent off.
As soon as I heard who was refereeeing it was a cast iron certainty.

Can anyone tell me why he had to consult the linesman on the sending off?
He was closer, it was'nt off the ball. Why the second opinion?

under the bar

QuoteStarting to like Dick now.

I'm sure you always liked it deep down.

Throw ball

Quote from: INDIANA on June 06, 2010, 10:40:10 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on June 06, 2010, 10:35:22 PM

You can't use your elbow. If you do its a red card. I've had my my jaw rewired from similar incidents and its no fun sucking through a straw for 6 weeks. Mallon was high and late. End of story.

Very condescending! I do not think he led with the elbow. I saw Charlie Vernon break his jaw in a challenge match against Dublin last year in a similar incident. A free was not given and not one person complained about the tackle. The match was in Armagh. You can trip and break your arm it does not mean it is not an accident.

Maguire01

Anyone know why McManus or Freeman were booked? Wasn't very clear on the TV.